Supply Missions

Josiejo
Mad Cat

Supply Missions

Post by Josiejo »

I've been hearing a lot lately about Outpost warps and Supply runs, but I don't really know how it all works. I've done one supply run to West Ronfaure from San d'Oria, but that's not really much of a run, nor does it really help in figuring out what they're all about. My main questions about it are:

1) How long do you have to do them?
2) Do you always have to get the quest in your home town?
3) Is there an outpost in each area? (From running around East Sarutabaruta, I haven't seen one there yet. :shock: )

Thanks for the help! :D
[img]http://www.johnnysubway.com/~josiejo/images/josiejoSig.png[/img]
[url=http://www.mithrapride.org/members/guildmember.cgi?function=prof&name=Josiejo][b]Josiejo[/b][/url]
NPC Friend: Jajuju (Tarutaru Female Healer)

[b]Kitty Alts[/b]
[url=http://www.mithrapride.org/members/guildmember.cgi?function=prof&name=Sasamii]Sasamii[/url]

[b]Elvaan[/b]
[url=http://www.mithrapride.org/members/guildmember.cgi?function=prof&name=Ryadbraman]Ryadbraman[/url]
Leane
Irresponsible Adventurer

Post by Leane »

there is an outpost in each reagion
there's one in
{West Sarutabaruta}
{Buburimu Peninsula}
{Valkurm Dunes}
{Qufim Island}

------------------------------------------------------
you can only do ones that are under your nation's controll at the time you accept it.

-------------------------------------------------------
you have until the next time conquest results are tallied to do it.(sunday at 9:00 am cst)

-------------------------------------------------------
you are rewarded with conquest points, I'm not sure if you get anything else

and that's all I know right now
Maezen
Big Cat

Post by Maezen »

The other reward for this is the regional Teleport service.

This means, that at any given time, you will be able to warp from that area back to your home town (or from your home town to the outpost) so long as the region is not controlled by beastmen.

Do note that this is only opened to you once you've run the supplies to that outpost, and when your country isn't in charge of the area it is VERY expensive to warp directly home.

Oh and there is a level restriction on some of the areas...i know Valkurm is a level 20 restriction...guess they didn't want all the people that have done it to be able to get to the dunes and home in safety :x
62 DRG/WAR (for parties)
62 DRG/WHM (for solo)
61 WHM/SMN
check the members list for more details

Bonecraft level 7
Cooking level 70
Alchemy level 9

Artifact Armors in possession = 10
Artfact Armors that can be equipped = 10
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

You can tele to an outpost in a Beastman controled teritory, but not home.

The level cap restrictions baisicly prevent you from teleing to where you are a two hit kill. They kind of prevent one from teleing directly to a leveling ground. Wouldn't it be grand to be able to tele to the Dunes at 15 and Qufim at 20?

At least the Pashlow Outpost is close to the Crawler's nest, and the Meriphad Mountains one is not far from Garliage.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Maezen
Big Cat

Post by Maezen »

i didn't know we could go to a beastman controlled one :D

is it more expensive than going there as if your nation owned it? {I'm interested.}
62 DRG/WAR (for parties)
62 DRG/WHM (for solo)
61 WHM/SMN

Bonecraft level 7
Cooking level 70
Alchemy level 9

Leane
Irresponsible Adventurer

Post by Leane »

can you, {please}, tell me who do I talk to in {Windurst} to get the tele service, and is there a max level to tele.
Maezen
Big Cat

Post by Maezen »

talk to your regional gate guard, he'll ask you if you want to go in a supply quest, then you choose which region you want to go to and find the outpost.

The restriction is on minimum level you have to be to use the teleport service
62 DRG/WAR (for parties)
62 DRG/WHM (for solo)
61 WHM/SMN

Bonecraft level 7
Cooking level 70
Alchemy level 9

Poge
Tomcat

Post by Poge »

you can only do one supply run each game day

I forget the name of the npc that actually does the teleporting. She's in Port Windurst near the Fishing Guild. It's a taru that stands just to the left of the path leading to W.Saruta.
75 rdm
62 cor, 50 blm, 38 whm
37 pld, 37 rng, 37 nin, 37 brd, 37 smn, 37 drk
Sivara
Big Cat

Post by Sivara »

can you, {please}, tell me who do I talk to in {Windurst} to get the tele service, and is there a max level to tele.
Her name is Rotata, I think, and she's near the fishing guild, right at the corner of the path that goes out to West Sarutabaruta. There are no max levels, but there are minium level requirements that vary for each region. Valkurm requires level 20 (of your current job) to tele, as mentioned. I don't know what the others are.
Neoshinobi
Mad Cat

Post by Neoshinobi »

Just thinking, does every NPC that offers signet also offer supply run quests or is it just hometown NPCs? :oops:
Maezen
Big Cat

Post by Maezen »

just home town ones, you can't get them from Jeuno
62 DRG/WAR (for parties)
62 DRG/WHM (for solo)
61 WHM/SMN

Bonecraft level 7
Cooking level 70
Alchemy level 9

Neoshinobi
Mad Cat

Post by Neoshinobi »

Maezen wrote:just home town ones, you can't get them from Jeuno
What about embassies? :oops:
Poge
Tomcat

Post by Poge »

No, you can only get them in your home town. You can however turn the supplies in to any npc in the region. (ie. For Elshimo Lowlands you don't have to run to the outpost that's all the way by Norg. You can turn it in to the guard that stands right outside of Kazham.) But you can only get a teleport from the npc at the outpost.
75 rdm
62 cor, 50 blm, 38 whm
37 pld, 37 rng, 37 nin, 37 brd, 37 smn, 37 drk
Baketsu
Feral Cat

Post by Baketsu »

Poge wrote:you can only do one supply run each game day

I forget the name of the npc that actually does the teleporting. She's in Port Windurst near the Fishing Guild. It's a taru that stands just to the left of the path leading to W.Saruta.
A while ago a frined and I did runs to all the regions to get the telepoint advantage, we also found out that having a chocobo is very very helpful in the process and also to stay away from the tunnel in NorthEastern East Ronfaure cause we both bit the big one there.
Jobs: RDM-54/BLM-32/WHM-26/PLD-23/THF14-WAR17-MNK8-DRG17-DRK18-BST3-RNG3-SMN7-BRD1
Race: Elvaan
Hometown: San d'Oria
Skills: Cooking 23- Smithing 3
EXP is hard to come by, treasure it!
Ephi
Housecat

Post by Ephi »

Ranguemont Pass? i love that place :lol:
i probly shouldnt go back tho...
the mobs might remember me :lol: i really pissed em off by escapin while i was on foot cuz i Flee'd by all of em an theyre like "HEY STOP YOU THF" :lol: 8)
I like jellyfish
Gimme a jellyfish
mmmm mercury :P
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v674/Lihera/Ephisig2.png[/img]
<(^-^<) <(^-^)> (>^-^)>
KIRBY DANCE!!!
Baketsu
Feral Cat

Post by Baketsu »

Ephi wrote:Ranguemont Pass? i love that place :lol:
i probly shouldnt go back tho...
the mobs might remember me :lol: i really pissed em off by escapin while i was on foot cuz i Flee'd by all of em an theyre like "HEY STOP YOU THF" :lol: 8)
Yeah that was the place, maybe they were pissed off that you got away so they went after me.
Jobs: RDM-54/BLM-32/WHM-26/PLD-23/THF14-WAR17-MNK8-DRG17-DRK18-BST3-RNG3-SMN7-BRD1
Ephi
Housecat

Post by Ephi »

...can mobs contact their friends on other servers?

well if they got u cuzza me then im sorry :(
I like jellyfish
Gimme a jellyfish
mmmm mercury :P
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v674/Lihera/Ephisig2.png[/img]
<(^-^<) <(^-^)> (>^-^)>
KIRBY DANCE!!!
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Ephi wrote:...can mobs contact their friends on other servers?(
Why not? We can.

I wonder if there is, somewhere, a multi world site for Goblins not unlike this one.....
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Crispleaf
Housecat

Post by Crispleaf »

Sorry if I'm restating anything that's already been said :oops:

Outpost teleports have limited usefulness for xp parties (I've used the outpost in the Sanctuary of Zi'Tah to get to the Boyhada Tree, for exmaple), but they are very useful for questing or farming.

Not only that, but using the outposts in reverse can actually be a quick way of getting to your hometown cheap and easy.

If your home point is in Jeuno and you don't have rank 5 yet for the airships, the outpost in Qufim (just outside the entrance to Delkfutt's Tower) could be a great help in getting to your hometown. It would certainly be cheaper than hiring a white mage to teleport you to a crag and taking a chocobo from there, and it probably takes less time too.

Or, if you're at your home town, the reverse is also true. Teleporting to Qufim is a quick way to Jeuno ;)

To get a supply quest, you have to speak to a gate guard in your home town. Jeuno and consulate guards won't work. Also, your nation has to be in control of the region you want to send supplies to. Once you get the supplies, it doesn't matter how you get to the region. Teleporting, warping, walking, anything goes. You have until Sunday morning to complete the quest (when they re-tally the Conquest). You can repeat this quest as many times as you want (however, you have to wait until another game day starts before you can do the supply quest again), but the first time you finish it, you open the opportunity to teleport to and from the outpost in that region. You also gain some Conquest Points. You have to be of high enough level to use the teleport option, however. The exact level limit varies depending on the difficulty of the monsters in the region, but the minimum level you have to be to teleport at all is 20.

To teleport from outposts to your home town, you have to speak to the merchant at the outpost, not the guard.

To teleport to outposts, you have to speak to a special NPC in your hometown. I only know that in Windurst, it's Rototo in Port Windurst, who stands west of the Bastok Consulate. But San D'Oria and Bastok have their own NPCs somewhere.

You can teleport to regions not under your nation's control if you've completed the supply quest there on a previous week, but it will cost you. To teleport to or from a region under another nation's control, you'll have to pay 4 times the normal amount. If it's under beastman control, you have to pay 5 times the normal amount, and you can only teleport to the outpost; you can't teleport back home (since there are no guards posted).
[img]http://home.comcast.net/~crispl3af/level.JPG[/img]
Bastok Rank 8-1, Windurst Rank 10
Rise of Zilart Completed
Chains of Promathia Completed
Treasures of Aht Urghan Rank 2
Baketsu
Feral Cat

Post by Baketsu »

MobPride

"It's where the ugly looking goblins are"
Josiejo
Mad Cat

Post by Josiejo »

Thanks for the explanation, Crispleaf. :) I started this thread after the WHM Teleport discussion we all had in another topic... I'm hoping to avoid reliance on WHMs to get to where I want to be, so I thought I'd check into doing these Supply Missions. It's good to finally understand how they work. I completed the first one to West Sarutabaruta today! ^^ (I know, not much of a warp, but it could help if I was going to Giddeus for something.)

I had another question about Outposts too... where you trade unwanted equipment for points, does that give you Conquest points, or help your country's total for the region only?
[img]http://www.johnnysubway.com/~josiejo/images/josiejoSig.png[/img]
[url=http://www.mithrapride.org/members/guildmember.cgi?function=prof&name=Josiejo][b]Josiejo[/b][/url]
NPC Friend: Jajuju (Tarutaru Female Healer)

[b]Kitty Alts[/b]
[url=http://www.mithrapride.org/members/guildmember.cgi?function=prof&name=Sasamii]Sasamii[/url]

[b]Elvaan[/b]
[url=http://www.mithrapride.org/members/guildmember.cgi?function=prof&name=Ryadbraman]Ryadbraman[/url]
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Josiejo wrote:I had another question about Outposts too... where you trade unwanted equipment for points, does that give you Conquest points, or help your country's total for the region only?
Your country only.

At one point one could flood an outpost with enough goods to change the conquest standing in the regon. It was changed by limiting the goods they will accept. You can still help decide a close contest.

Prrsha

Post by Prrsha »

Baketsu wrote:MobPride

"It's where the ugly looking goblins are"
:lol:
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Supply Missions

Post by xaresity »

инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинйоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоtuchkasинфоинфо