A little downtime... :(

A place to talk about... anything!
Mystiana
Princess Cat

A little downtime... :(

Post by Mystiana »

I didn't want people to worry, so I thought I'd post this for everyone. Unfortunately, I've run into a bit of a snag with my online access. I don't know how much I will be online until next year. Deatails below for the curious...

My DSL has been terminated due to a billing error (they double bill me, and then canceled both accounts when I caught them), and the only way they say to get my service back is to place it as a new order, which usually is 5-7 business days. After arguing with them for about 20 minutes, we decided to get a different broadband service altogether, and the hell with Verizon. They do this or something like it way too often.

However, because of the holidays, I won't have the new access until December 31st :( (Verizon was saying Jan 5-6). There's dial-up, but ... we'll see how much I can tie up a phone line (after finding my ancient modem). I don't know if I can actually get XI to work at all.... *sigh*

I'll miss all of you. I hope to be back soon. ;.;
Shekhina
Kitten

Post by Shekhina »

Use BellSouth! they are really good. I use them and like how the speed of my dsl is. Especially cause I d/l a ton of anime fan subs.
44th whm/11th smn/16th thf
I can raise now! *Purrrs*
I can summon Carbuncle! =^_^=
I can Teleport!
Mystiana
Princess Cat

Post by Mystiana »

Uhm, I can't use BellSouth in the northwest... -.-
Phelisia
Kitten

Post by Phelisia »

well whoever the bell company up there is... they have rather good dsl service, very stable, and usually only .edu will max you're d/l speed on the anime... other than that a few major sites that don't bandwidth cap will be blazing fast
Cyndari
"Illuminatus"

Post by Cyndari »

I have been having the same kinda prob myself. the phone company cannot find my network box for my new apt so I am SOL until they gett off their asses to fix it :evil:
[color=blue][b][i]Don't let fear cloud your judgement, for it will hold you back from all of your dreams ;) [/i][/b][/color]
[img]http://www.drowtales.com/~hightreason/chibilaelia.gif[/img] [color=blue][size=200][i][b]Meeooww!!![/b][/i][/size][/color]

WHM - 61 | SMN - 32 | BLM - 21 | THF - 10 | NIN - 7 | BRD - 7 | BST - 7 | SAM - 5 | WAR - 5
Paws
Kitten

Post by Paws »

I was out a land phone line for a good 6-8 weeks when one of my old roommates tried to 'claim' the current roommates' phone number.

Companies like that are oddly dumb :P
-Paws =^^=