just need some hot weather

A place to talk about... anything!
Nekosama
Tomcat

just need some hot weather

Post by Nekosama »

Hi ^_^

Ive nearly done my smn quest! i just need red=hot, can anyone tell me the best places and where the weather focast people are?

Thank you ^_^
Ja Mata! ^_^

WHM 36
BLM 17
smn 12
Ephi
Housecat

Post by Ephi »

I just finished SMN...
i got my fire at Meraphataude Mtns

my last was ice an i had some1 guide me an he gave me powders an oils... i had no instant warp so I had to walk back... an since the guy was BLM... he warped... but he did give me his remaining stealth items...
in the end... i went to the wrong door... gob wouldnt let me use my items...

I FLED LIKE NOBODYS BUSINESS!!!

i safely made it out with every1 an their granny after me :lol:
I like jellyfish
Gimme a jellyfish
mmmm mercury :P
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v674/Lihera/Ephisig2.png[/img]
<(^-^<) <(^-^)> (>^-^)>
KIRBY DANCE!!!
Josiejo
Mad Cat

Post by Josiejo »

You can also get Hot weather in Valkurm Dunes.
[img]http://www.johnnysubway.com/~josiejo/images/josiejoSig.png[/img]
[url=http://www.mithrapride.org/members/guildmember.cgi?function=prof&name=Josiejo][b]Josiejo[/b][/url]
NPC Friend: Jajuju (Tarutaru Female Healer)

[b]Kitty Alts[/b]
[url=http://www.mithrapride.org/members/guildmember.cgi?function=prof&name=Sasamii]Sasamii[/url]

[b]Elvaan[/b]
[url=http://www.mithrapride.org/members/guildmember.cgi?function=prof&name=Ryadbraman]Ryadbraman[/url]
Maezen
Big Cat

Post by Maezen »

Fire was probably the hardest one for me to get too. It will appear in a few areas...(i got mine in the dunes too but i've seen it in the jungles outside of Kazham and also in the altepa deserts) I just went and leveled in the dunes and waited for it to change elements, told my party that if fire came on i was running to zone to finish summoner and they all accepted that. :wink: hopefully your parties will be as understanding if you decide to do it that way too
62 DRG/WAR (for parties)
62 DRG/WHM (for solo)
61 WHM/SMN
check the members list for more details

Bonecraft level 7
Cooking level 70
Alchemy level 9

Artifact Armors in possession = 10
Artfact Armors that can be equipped = 10
Ziada
Tomcat

Post by Ziada »

It's most common in Altepa Desert, in my experience.

Check the weather linkshell NPCs for Altepa, Valkurm, and Meritiphaud Mountains, and you can find out several game days in advance if fire weather is likely to occur. Look for "heat waves."
Kessa
Housecat

Post by Kessa »

I believe fire is always in Ifirt's Cauldron, but im not sure if you can get it there since its considered a dungeon @_@
[img]http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g11/Shinrasin/Signature/The-Master-Thief.png[/img]
Sivara
Big Cat

Post by Sivara »

You can't get it in Ifrit's. No dungeons, outdoor areas only.

Checking the weather LSes is a great idea. When you see heat waves forecasted, park yourself just inside the zone so that when the weather appears, you can zone out and back in.
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Got mine in Valkrum last night, it was by accident i was rasing axe when it poped on me
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
Crispleaf
Housecat

Post by Crispleaf »

You always get things done faster when it's by accident, it seems :roll:

I got the Carby Ruby itself by accident when leveling on leeches in the Labyrinth of Onzozo :P

Fire was really easy for me to get (it helped that I was a white mage). One Teleport-Altep was all it took ;)

Thunder was the real annoying one to get, and it was only worsened by the fact that it isn't all that rare. But for some reason, I could never get it. I teleported between Dem (for Konchtat and Pashow) and Holla (for Jugner) for hours. Then I remembered Qufim had thunder too, so I made a trip there, only to discover that Qufim is considered a dungeon... even though you can't Escape :?

It was a maddening experience :P
[img]http://home.comcast.net/~crispl3af/level.JPG[/img]
Bastok Rank 8-1, Windurst Rank 10
Rise of Zilart Completed
Chains of Promathia Completed
Treasures of Aht Urghan Rank 2
Nekosama
Tomcat

Post by Nekosama »

^_^ thank you for your help

where is Teleport-Altep ? i havent been there and how do i get there? ^_^
Ja Mata! ^_^

WHM 36
BLM 17
smn 12
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Nekosama wrote:^_^ thank you for your help

where is Teleport-Altep ? i havent been there and how do i get there? ^_^
At your curent lvl it's safer to wait for hot weather in the dunes.

If you really want to go there you can head to Bastok mines ->Zeruhn Mines -> Korroloka Tunnel and head out to the Desert.

I got my hot weather in dunes myself,
While waiting for it I helped some other parties with healing.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: just need some hot weather

Post by xaresity »

xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: just need some hot weather

Post by xaresity »

audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comfactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.rugalvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.ru
geartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ruhaemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ru
hangonpart.ruhaphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ruheatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.rujobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.ru
journallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.rukaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.rukinozones.rukleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ruknowledgestate.ru
kondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.rulacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.rulandingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.ru
languagelaboratory.rulargeheart.rulasercalibration.rulaserlens.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.rumagnetotelluricfield.rumailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.ru
nameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.runavelseed.runeatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ruonesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.ru
papercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ruqualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.rureadingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.ru
rectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.rusalestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.rusemiasphalticflux.rusemifinishmachining.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.ru
stungun.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoning.rutechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.rutemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.rutenementbuilding.rutuchkasultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.ru