Help Me out! ^.^

A place to talk about... anything!
Tailfeather
Housecat

Help Me out! ^.^

Post by Tailfeather »

Hello all, just wanted to ask you all of advices...

Ive been thinking for a while and, ill come up with that ill gonna make another character on another server then Pandemonium, just for fun ^^

but the only problem is this with names >.< my real weak spot.. i had already problem with the name i have now ^^;;

so my question is, do you have/or can make up some nice names and help me out with this task :roll: ill try myself to do my best ^^ and ive come up with two names i might use... "Raiki" or "Raiku" but, nvm about them, whats your suggestions? ^^ <Help Me Out!>

Also before i end this post, NO i WONT be leaving Pandemonium, i will make a NEW character, i hope i havent made too many Pande kittens confused. :wink:
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Just keep clicking that random name generator, and if something looks kinda maybe, just change it a bit.

I got mine that way, and the names of my secondaries too. Evelle came from Evele, Chani became Chanti.

Then there is always that name the baby book... :lol:
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Sivara
Big Cat

Post by Sivara »

Raiki is a cute name! It sound kinda like "raigeki," which means either thunder or lightning in Japanese (can't recall which...but I think it's lightning).
Tailfeather
Housecat

Post by Tailfeather »

^^ well thats true, i think Raikiri is the name for lightning also, or maybe a slang not too sure, then when i though about raiku it was for a katana named Rai ~somthing and then blade: ku the nin 72 ws ^^;; rai-ku(raiku) eerhm sorry im bad at explaning >.< i hope you understood...
Eviticus
'Insignificant Adventurer'

Post by Eviticus »

The name I have has gotten a few compliments, and I got it from the Random Name generator. Ya see, for some reason a friend of mine called me Leviticus one day, as if it were my middle name or something. I thought it sounded kinda catchy, so I used it here and there in games. When going through the Generator, I saw Eviticus. So I kept it. ^.^

Juse keep on clicking through, keep at it and something will jump out at you. ^.^
In the end, I'm just talking out of my ass. So take it all with a grain of salt.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[b]Rank 10 Bastok. Rank 2 Sandy.[/b] Pup 75, Drg 72, Brd 71, Thf 37, War 39, Sam 38, Blm 40, Rdm 22, Whm 40, Mnk 37, Nin 14, Pld 38, Bst 15, Drk 30, Smn 15, Blu 19, Rng 13, Dnc 24, Cor 11.
Paragon of Dragoon Excellence.
Paragon of Bard Excellence.
Paragon of Puppetmaster Excellence.
[quote="Keavy"]Evi still winnarz.[/quote]

[img]http://e.1asphost.com/AJSB1986/wyv-burn.jpg[/img]
sasuske
Big Cat

Post by sasuske »

name yourself sasuske :lol:
im pretty much amazing

68/9 Nin, 47 Drg, 36 War and more
Maezen
Big Cat

Post by Maezen »

apparently elvaans don't understand that you can't have the same name as someone else already in the game or maybe it's jus Sasuske.
62 DRG/WAR (for parties)
62 DRG/WHM (for solo)
61 WHM/SMN
check the members list for more details

Bonecraft level 7
Cooking level 70
Alchemy level 9

Artifact Armors in possession = 10
Artfact Armors that can be equipped = 10
Josiejo
Mad Cat

Post by Josiejo »

Maezen wrote:apparently elvaans don't understand that you can't have the same name as someone else already in the game or maybe it's jus Sasuske.
I hate to side with an Elvaan over a kitty, but if Sasuske isn't taken on Pandy, then she could use it. :D ("Our" Sasuske is on Alexander.)

One thing you could do is open Notepad and start banging on the keyboard. Then just give yourself a few minutes to look at the patterns... sometimes you'll surprise yourself with unintentional combinations. You can even use such a combination as a base... edit it, play with it and use something you create from that original sequence. Sometimes that's better than just finding a foreign word that means something "cool" in the translation to English.
[img]http://www.johnnysubway.com/~josiejo/images/josiejoSig.png[/img]
[url=http://www.mithrapride.org/members/guildmember.cgi?function=prof&name=Josiejo][b]Josiejo[/b][/url]
NPC Friend: Jajuju (Tarutaru Female Healer)

[b]Kitty Alts[/b]
[url=http://www.mithrapride.org/members/guildmember.cgi?function=prof&name=Sasamii]Sasamii[/url]

[b]Elvaan[/b]
[url=http://www.mithrapride.org/members/guildmember.cgi?function=prof&name=Ryadbraman]Ryadbraman[/url]
Maezen
Big Cat

Post by Maezen »

psst josiejo, it was a ploy to not have another Sasuske, one is more than enough to handle right now :lol:
62 DRG/WAR (for parties)
62 DRG/WHM (for solo)
61 WHM/SMN
check the members list for more details

Bonecraft level 7
Cooking level 70
Alchemy level 9

Artifact Armors in possession = 10
Artfact Armors that can be equipped = 10
Tailfeather
Housecat

Post by Tailfeather »

only problem, i dun think you can use a name that already are taken on another server.. i think they have linked the namedatabas somehow...
Dukuji
Mad Cat

Post by Dukuji »

Tailfeather wrote:only problem, i dun think you can use a name that already are taken on another server.. i think they have linked the namedatabas somehow...
Um . . . hmmm. . . . I don't think so because when they made the two new worlds last fall if you went to the new world and somebody else already had that name, you had to change it. This would imply to me that the names are not linked.
[url=http://mithrapride.org/members/guildmember.cgi?function=prof&name=Dukuji]'Kuji[/url]; The [color=green][b]{[/b][/color]Ninja[color=red][b]}[/b][/color] [color=green][b]{[/b][/color]Cat[color=red][b]}[/b][/color] -------|m >^-^< m|------- Seeker of Oblivion
Sivara
Big Cat

Post by Sivara »

Yeah, the names are not linked across servers. There's a Katsy on Midgarsormr (in MithraPride) and another Katsy on Alexander (my husband's friend).
Dukuji
Mad Cat

Post by Dukuji »

Sivara wrote:Yeah, the names are not linked across servers. There's a Katsy on Midgarsormr (in MithraPride) and another Katsy on Alexander (my husband's friend).
The Katsy on Alexander is also a MP member; I think.
[url=http://mithrapride.org/members/guildmember.cgi?function=prof&name=Dukuji]'Kuji[/url]; The [color=green][b]{[/b][/color]Ninja[color=red][b]}[/b][/color] [color=green][b]{[/b][/color]Cat[color=red][b]}[/b][/color] -------|m >^-^< m|------- Seeker of Oblivion
Mystiana
Princess Cat

Post by Mystiana »

Sivara wrote:Yeah, the names are not linked across servers. There's a Katsy on Midgarsormr (in MithraPride) and another Katsy on Alexander (my husband's friend).
There's a Prrsha on Midgard, but she's not a pride member. :(
[FFX|V] Mystiana Rulean >> BLM iL94 - DRG iL91 - SMN iL93 - SCH iL77
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1463791/
[FFXI] Mystiana@Shiva >> 99 DNC DRG SMN [currently retired]
90+ WAR BLM WHM BST BRD SCH :: 494 Merit Points
Rank 10 for all nations :: Craft: [Cooking: 54][Fishing: 50]
Tailfeather
Housecat

Post by Tailfeather »

well ill guess i have alot of time now to decide name, since my computer is totaly broken, im currently on a my mom and dads computer... cant really install FFXI here... <too weak> <computer>... cant barely use AIM or MSN on this one ^^;;

so as many on pande already knows, i wont be able to play FFXI until i get a new computer or repair it... but repairing it woul probably cost more then a new -_-;; so.. ill guess i just have to buy a new one :|
Kopopo
Teh Cutaru

Post by Kopopo »

BUILD a new one, don't buy a prebuilt.
Tailfeather
Housecat

Post by Tailfeather »

Kopopo OFCOURSE! i wont buy a already built one.. thats like Mijin Gakure on a NPC! eerhm ok maybe not but... still :oops:

yeah i will "buy" a new one, the parts that is... the hard thing is to get the CPU... AMD seems like they dont cant build cpu's in the speed they need.. and I DONT want a Intel CPU this time >.<
Kopopo
Teh Cutaru

Post by Kopopo »

You must be one of those who thinks that Mhz = performance. Tell me what speed you want and I'll point you where you should look.
Tailfeather
Housecat

Post by Tailfeather »

MHz aint everything.... :lol: i know that.. im going a technical program in school so ;)

but if you insist...

Motherboard: Asus A8N - SLI Delux Socket939 (Dual Channel, PCI-E etc)
CPU: AMD 64 FX-55 or FX-53(if this name is correct cant remember)

and about the graphic card, i think a x800xt (maybe 850) pci-e, havent decided the factoryname yet (Asus etc), also thinking of a Raptor disc 10K RPM is real sweet >;] 8MB cache

*edit* arent we off topic now? :P :roll:
Kopopo
Teh Cutaru

Post by Kopopo »

What model of A64-FX? Also, those Raptors may be speedy but they don't come very big. 36GB?!
Tailfeather
Housecat

Post by Tailfeather »

the latest Raptor is 74GB i have a 80GB non Raptor now so ^^

about the FX, i think FX-55 is the latest the one, FX-53 is the one that came first?(i cant find this one tho =/ )

so FX-55 Athlon 64, 2.6Ghz (my current comp is 2.4Ghz) but the difference is that FX is specially made for games, which not my current 2.4(Intel also btw) aint really for :(

but the FX-55 beats the sh*t(sorry for that) out of the latest CPU's (the "normal" once that is) ^^ *drool* or what ;) :roll: :oops: atleast when its about games :roll: (this is what ive understand when i talked to one that builds computers)
Kopopo
Teh Cutaru

Post by Kopopo »

Well, I mean the AMD model. like 3700+ and stuff. I think the best out there now is a 4700+ but it could be something else by now.
Tailfeather
Housecat

Post by Tailfeather »

AMD Athlon 64 FX-55, 2.6GHz is the model name and everything.. there aint no "racing" telling this is a intel X.XX GHz, and btw that is just a way to give Intel a little hit on the noose.. ;)
Kopopo
Teh Cutaru

Post by Kopopo »

I'm looking at getting the A64 3400+ that runs at a nice 2.4Ghz. I'm not overly concerned with what it can do for gaming since I prefer consoles, but 64-bit computing looks sexeh.

The chip you're looking at seems to be win, so go for it!
Tailfeather
Housecat

Post by Tailfeather »

;) you bet, the only problem is the high price *cought* 1 056,01 USD
for the CPU... tho i dun think that really are the right price :? the site where i recalculated the swedish price to the US Dollar seems to be goofy o.O big time...
Kopopo
Teh Cutaru

Post by Kopopo »

Uhm... my entire PC cost me $500 to build.
Tailfeather
Housecat

Post by Tailfeather »

hmm ok something is real wrong with that page then ^^;;
Tailfeather
Housecat

Post by Tailfeather »

hmm when i think of it... there is alot of taxes we get here in sweden, when we import stuff... so the price gets a bit higher... :cry: </cry>

well i hope i can get the right pieces for a new computer... otherwise ill just get a PS2 ^^;;
Josiejo
Mad Cat

Post by Josiejo »

Yuk... AMD is crap. I had a Intel setup that lasted for years. I put together 5 AMD systems before I got one that has carried me for the same amount of time, but it runs almost 2x hotter than my Intel system ever did. I'd steer clear of it if I were you. The next system I put together will be Intel.

MHz/GHz contributes to performance more than it seems has been let on in this thread. You can't completely sacrifice cpu speed, but you don't necessarily need the highest you can get to have a fast system. 3.2GHz should be good enough for a couple of years. Motherboard... ASUS... nothing else. You'll want lots of RAM as well... I'd say at least 1GB, but more is better. Also, the faster the MHz on the RAM, the higher the data transfer rate will be, which does contribute to speed difference, if hardly noticable. Sounds like you have the hard drive part down. Also, don't skimp on cooling... keep your system cool and it'll be around for a long time. However, don't buy a full tower case thinking you're improving cooling... just get cable sleeves to improve airflow and keep cables tidy, and get a mid-tower. There's no need to get a full tower unless you're running a server with lots of hardware, and carrying a mid-tower will be much easier on you. (Trust me... :oops:
[img]http://www.johnnysubway.com/~josiejo/images/josiejoSig.png[/img]
[url=http://www.mithrapride.org/members/guildmember.cgi?function=prof&name=Josiejo][b]Josiejo[/b][/url]
NPC Friend: Jajuju (Tarutaru Female Healer)

[b]Kitty Alts[/b]
[url=http://www.mithrapride.org/members/guildmember.cgi?function=prof&name=Sasamii]Sasamii[/url]

[b]Elvaan[/b]
[url=http://www.mithrapride.org/members/guildmember.cgi?function=prof&name=Ryadbraman]Ryadbraman[/url]
Prrsha

Post by Prrsha »

*agrees with Josiejo*

Intel processors are so much better then AMDs now and run much cooler. The less heat your system endures, the longer it will last. In all of the builds that I do for customers, I've had less problems and returns with Intel processors.

And never never skimp on cooling. Get a large case you and deck out all of the vents with fans. Make sure your memory cards are free of cords and have proper air flow. Most memory cards don't have any way to cool themselves other then the case airflow. Also make sure the slots around your graphics card are empty for maximum cooling.

The power supply of the case is very important as well. The newer graphics cards use up alot of power so make sure your power supply is adequate.