Mystiana's Journal

A place to post back-stories, character descriptions, etc.
Mystiana
Princess Cat

Mystiana's Journal

Post by Mystiana »

(Mystiana is Firemyst transplanted from Vana'diel. I've decided to go this route with my story, so please don't nitpick how I meshed the two worlds and such. I know there's a lot of skill loss and blah blah, but Metroid startings were never believable, so mine's not that bad!

And no.. I don't know why I have a name change. I've wanted one for a long time, honestly. ^^)

Discovery of Eorzea

Another typical day for the Mithra. With her nights filled with the craziness that is Abyssea and the need to find a new source of income. She decides to head to Al'taeiu. She's sporting her Dancer outfit, since that's the safest job to travel dangerous areas. Chocobo Jig doesn't hurt as a perk, either.

Traveling alone, she works steadily on trying to gather materials to sell. Her mind is not dedicated to the task, so as she wanders around, she's daydreaming, possibly thinking about planning her evening or maybe dinner, who knows. Cats can have a million thoughts in a few moments and this one is no exception. She darts this way and that, slashing and dancing and not having a care in the world. Finally, her pouch is full and she stops for a rest, only to find she doesn't know where she is. Here is a recap from her journal, one of the few things she still has.

Today was a day like no other. I finally find time to farm, and now I'm completely lost. No surprise, except all I brought with me was my Tavnazian ring, saving space and all, but I forgot I used it last night. Argh. I end up wandering aimlessly, since every last wall in the temple is white as chalk, and eventually something decides that I'd be a yummy snack. I take off running, darting left, then left, then right, and fall into a pit. I swear, if I wasn't a cat, I would've broke something.

It's dark, except some strangle glow coming from a bit to my right. I step forward, paws in front of me as I check out the green glow. Peering into it, I can see some trees, but I'm not familiar with the setting. Still, I don't spend a lot of time staring at trees. With so many portals about Vana'diel now, I didn't think twice. Anything was better than a dark pit with a monster chasing me, so I closed my eyes and jumped through. If only I'd have known what a bad idea that was.

I opened my eyes and found that nothing came with me. Not even the clothes on my back. Worst of all, there was no sign of the portal I had just jumped through. "Wonderful, always wanted to be naked in a forest..." As luck would have it, after a few steps I find some basic clothes, even a crude weapon. Never was good at hand to hand, but as a Dancer, I can make due.

It's definitely a forest I've never seen before. Before I know it, something falls from the sky. I rush over and find these two dazed people. I was trying to figure out who they were when we were attacked by wolves. Good thing I had a weapon to take care of them. Took a while, but I gave the pups a proper send-off. Well, I would have if that treant hadn't eaten them! One glance at the crude punching devices and I'm high-tailing out of there. What happened next seems a little fuzzy, like time stopped and there were moogles. I think I must have hit my head when I tripped. Next thing I know, I'm in a place they call Gridania. Seems nice... a lot like Windurst. So far, I haven't left the tavern, but this elf lady has been trying to get my attention for a while. Guess I'll see what she wants.
[FFX|V] Mystiana Rulean >> BLM iL94 - DRG iL91 - SMN iL93 - SCH iL77
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1463791/
[FFXI] Mystiana@Shiva >> 99 DNC DRG SMN [currently retired]
90+ WAR BLM WHM BST BRD SCH :: 494 Merit Points
Rank 10 for all nations :: Craft: [Cooking: 54][Fishing: 50]
Keerith
Metal Cat

Re: Mystiana's Journal

Post by Keerith »

(Interesting start. :D)
-Keerith
See you later, space cowboy!

[FFXIV: Keerith Galeo, Priestess of Ormagöden]

"Can't bend what's made of metal / We're reinforced with steel / We never will surrender / We never kneel." - Made of Metal, by Dream Evil
Mystiana
Princess Cat

Re: Mystiana's Journal

Post by Mystiana »

(thanks. I really need to write more... been too busy lately. I'll catch up!)
[FFX|V] Mystiana Rulean >> BLM iL94 - DRG iL91 - SMN iL93 - SCH iL77
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1463791/
[FFXI] Mystiana@Shiva >> 99 DNC DRG SMN [currently retired]
90+ WAR BLM WHM BST BRD SCH :: 494 Merit Points
Rank 10 for all nations :: Craft: [Cooking: 54][Fishing: 50]