Phe's Tale

A place to post back-stories, character descriptions, etc.
Kintrra
Queen Cat

Post by Kintrra »

ScarlettPheonix wrote:Awww.. thank you^^

Trying to work in Job Abilities/Weapon skills and have it actually make some sort of sense took some doing.

To be fair to Ralen, I did gimp him by giving him a Great Sword~ I wanted it to follow the tradition of storyline NPCs often having poor armor/weapon choices for their jobs/supposed levels.

And it isn't an al-gol either :rofl:
lol, I was kinda curious about that I have to admit, cuz first thing on my mind was "WAR....with a GS? o.O;" :lol:

Ninja Kitty Edit: I claim your 5th page. :rofl:
OMFG! 8 75+!!!! :shock: Who knew slackers could work so hard? D:
And now a Miqo'te as well. >=D

Melee classes:PLD90/NIN90/WAR90/THF90/SAM83/MNK90/DNC46/DRK24/DRG12/COR8/PUP12/RNG5
Magic/Support Classes:WHM82/BLM87/BRD28/SMN35/RDM23/BLU8/SCH1
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

Post by ScarlettPheonix »

Not quite done yet, I'll add more later this week

The master suite was filled with darkness when Ralen finally opened his eyes. A faint movement near the edge of his bed caught his eyes and he struggled to sit upright. Stubborn pride had him struggling to sit upright rather then face the intruder in his chambers lying prone in his bed.

The pain lancing up from his broken hand to settle in the back of his skull quickly changed his mind. Ralen fell back against the pillows, groaning. “Shhh, don’t move.” A quiet voice soothed from the darkness. Squinting, Ralen tried to make out the shape at the end of his bed. “Pheonic?!”

The shock in his voice was unmistakable; he obviously wasn’t expecting her to be there. “You’re awake,” She said conversationally, placing a hand on a bed post.

“I wish I wasn’t,” Ralen said with another groan, gingerly touching the knot on the back of his head.

“Lodvico did say he thought his last blow might have been a bit too hard.” She said gently, her voice not betraying the amusement she was feeling at his condition. Although serious enough, it wasn’t life threatening, and after all, he had brought it upon himself.

“It feels like a roof fell on me,” Ralen admitted wryly, looking over at her as a cloud moved from its position over the moon and the room filled with moon light.

She was standing next to his bed by his feet, looking serenely at him. “Loyiont says you’ll recover-eventually. You have a bad concussion, 2 broken arms- one’s broken in three places by the way- and assorted contusions and bruises.”

Ralen grimaced at the litany of injuries. “I suppose I should be grateful he didn’t kill me,” He mused, meeting her eyes and trying to make out the expression in her eyes, but whatever she was feeling was hidden behind her Mithran features. He was starting to realize how well Mithra could hide their feelings if they chose.

He didn’t like it at all, he decided. The Red Mage he’d fallen in love with was open, charming and overflowing with joie de vive- not this perfect serene statue watching him with unblinking eyes.

“You were lucky,” She agreed, gently easing down onto the bed so as not to jar his head. “Lod wasn’t trying to kill you. It would’ve been much worse if he had been.”

Ralen frowned at the gentle censure in her voice. “If you’re here for an apology, you can forget it.” He said flatly, turning his head to the side. “I’m not going to ask forgiveness for my actions.”

Phe barely bit back a regretful sigh. She’d known this wouldn’t be easy. She’d expected his anger, but not the deep pain she could hear in his voice. “I’m not here for your apology,” She said calmly, stepping firmly on her own temper. It hadn’t been her idea that they fight some silly duel over her hand after all. “I came to make sure you were alright- and to apologize.” She waited, but when he refused to turn and look at her, she went on. “If-if I did anything at all to make you think I returned your feelings, I’m sorry. Sorrier then you know.” Phe said sorrowfully. “I’ve been in love with him for a long time, but thought he didn’t feel the same way, it’s only been recently that I had any idea that he had the same feelings for me.” She paused, looking away from Ralen for a moment before looking back again. “If I led you on in anyway-“She paused again, unable to continue for a moment. “Then I’m sorry, I never meant to hurt you.”

She looked at him again, with his head still turned to face the opposite wall, giving no sign that he’d heard her. Sighing, she looked down at the floor before standing up and walking towards the door.
Pausing at the door, she took one more look over at the man who’d taken her in and even protected her.

“I know its poor repayment for all that you’ve done for me,” She said lowly, looking down at her feet. “But, thank you. For everything.”

She waited but when he refused to turn and look at her, she slipped out silently. The door quietly closing behind her.

Ralen stared at the wall until her footsteps died away. When he was sure she was gone, he kicked the covers off and with a great many bit back curses made his way to the window.

Unlike his mother’s quarters which overlooked the gardens, his overlooked the bailey. He had a clear view of the entire area and everyone in it.
[img]http://www.geocities.com/fieryscarlettpheonix/1job18subs.jpg[/img]
[color=darkred][i]Red Mage[/i][/color]
Windurst 10/ZM14/PM [i]finis[/i]/ToAU [i]finis[/i]/SGT(P)/WotG [i]Emblem of the Holy Knight §§§§[/i]

[url=http://scarlett-insertwittytitlehere.blogspot.com/]My not interesting at all blog[/url]
Kintrra
Queen Cat

Post by Kintrra »

MORE! =^.^=

Melee classes:PLD90/NIN90/WAR90/THF90/SAM83/MNK90/DNC46/DRK24/DRG12/COR8/PUP12/RNG5
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

Sorry for the wait, been crazy busy these past couple of weeks

Imalda Keep was seldom truly “asleep”~ there was always some task to be done so it wasn’t uncommon for someone to be crossing the bailey right before dawn he knew. However, it was uncommon for so many people to be gathered there. Far too many people than there should’ve been to see off the foreigners in his opinion.

Dim lamps and flickering torches gave enough light to easily pick out the ones grouped closest to where his window overlooked the square. The young Mithra Thief, Hume Warrior and Ranger all stood in a semi-circle talking to his Guard Captain and second. A short distance away (too far to be truly a part of the conversation but too close for anyone to think he was alone) stood the Paladin. The red headed knight was paying more attention to the bailey entrance than he was to the conversation going on next to him. He’d make some comment or answer a question if asked directly but his eyes never left the entrance watching, Ralen knew, for Pheonic.

Ralen might have taken some bitter comfort in the thought that the Paladin doubted the depths of the lovely Red Mage’s heart but his body language spoke more of simple impatience to be off than nerves. He’d accomplished what he’d came for was ready to go on to the next task.

As he watched, the Paladin gave up all pretense of being a part of the conversation and turned to face the keep, his face softening out of the stone hardness his face was normally carved out of. After just enough time to clear the doorway, Ralen could just glimpse a jaunty white plume curling backwards over a rakishly titled wide brimmed hat.

Pheonic had taken her time walking through the keep; she’d needed the time to get a much needed grasp on her emotions. It wasn’t her fault that Ralen had fallen in lover with her after all, and she’d never asked for either of them to fight that silly duel- so why was she feeling so guilty? It’d been that lingering feeling of guilt that’d led her into delaying their journey until she’d known Ralen would recover. Until she’d had a chance to apologize to him- and hadn’t that been a rousing success! It was enough to make her fur curl.

Calm yourself Carbuncle’s familiar deep voice rang in her head Events happened as they should have
Oh really, She thought back sarcastically. Lodvico was supposed to beat Ralen nearly to death then?
It is as it should be. Carbuncle replied, unfazed by her frustration.
“I’m so changing my sub-job as soon as I get to a moogle,” Phe muttered crossly as she stepped through the doorway into the bailey. Lod had been waiting for her, she saw with a smile as he was the first one to react to her presence.

Everything ok? Lodvico asked silently, his smile warm as she took a selfish moment and leaned in for a quick kiss.
Ok- no. She admitted wryly as she regretfully broke the kiss and turned to say her goodbyes to Calen and the others who’d come to see her off. But, things are as good as can be expected I think

“Everyone ready?” Drefan asked with a yawn after the farewells had all been given. There was a chorus of “Ayes” and another last round of goodbyes when Loyiont broke away from Faclan and the apparently deeply mysterious conversation the two TaruTarus had been in.

“I put a lot of work into you,” Loyiont said, eyes glimmering in the torch light. “Do me a favor and don’t undo it, okay?”
“I won’t,” She promised with a smile, kneeling down to give him a hug. “You’ve been a good friend, thank you.”
“You’re welcome,” He replied simply. “Don’t worry about Ralen. He’ll get over it. Eventually.”

Not trusting her voice, she nodded at him and stood up, The others had already started to pass through Imalda’s gate and she hurried to catch up. The last glimpse Loyiont had of her was the smile she threw over her shoulder as she walked into the mist shrouded darkness surrounded by friends.
Windurst 10/ZM14/PM [i]finis[/i]/ToAU [i]finis[/i]/SGT(P)/WotG [i]Emblem of the Holy Knight §§§§[/i]

[url=http://scarlett-insertwittytitlehere.blogspot.com/]My not interesting at all blog[/url]
Kintrra
Queen Cat

Post by Kintrra »

Still good Phe, keep it up ^^

ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

I don't think I'll be able to update this on any sort of regular schedule- but I do have some more ideas for the story bubbling away and hopefully they won't take me 6 months to write up :lol:

Lodvico duBois watched his fiancée maneuver with overt care though the airship with the stoic face his race were famed for. It wouldn’t do for Phe to see his amusement at her circumstances and he didn’t feel like trying to reattach any body parts if she decided to take out her frustrations on him- or if she turned around too quickly. He was also keeping a subtle (he devotedly hoped) distance from her- the normally agile Mithra was having a hard time with her newest job’s tools.

The goblins of Elshimo would be in for an interesting time he thought without regret as she got settling for the trip to Kahzam. Lodvico had no love for the goblin beastmen.

“I still don’t see why I have to do this,” Phe grumbled after they were in the air. “Its not like we’re going to be going up against the Empire to retrieve the Folly.”

“No,” Lod agreed, “but you’re the one who suggested searching the Remnants and Eijanhar for its whereabouts and since we’re not in a rush anyway we might as well be as prepared as possible, which means-“

“I finish my dark knight training to use it as a sub. I know. I know.” She finished for him. “But do you know how much this itches?! Or how much I sweat in the Death Jungles?!!”

Knowing a trap question when he heard it, Lodvico refrained from pointing out he’d been wearing heavy plate or mail armor for years in all types of weather conditions. It was only recently that he’d started wearing the much lighter armor of a White Mage.

“You’ll be able to visit your relatives at least,” he said comfortingly. “ I bet your aunt will be happy to hear about our progress in the search.”

“Oh, I just bet.” She muttered, shifting a strap holding her current weapon. “’Gee, sorry great-auntie, didn’t quite manage to find the gem because the ship I was on had to sink during a storm and I barely managed to make it to shore. So sorry, will try to do better next time.’”

With a short laugh, Lod pulled her tight against him for a brief hug. “And we will. We all knew this would be like searching for a needle in a haystack. We may never find the crystal.”

“Bite your tongue.” She advised with a smile. “I don’t trust any government to not abuse it. Especially the Empire,” She continued darkly. “They’re just too enamored with power- any power.”

“The Immortals aren’t the Empire.”
“Your point?” She shook her head. “No, I know you like the palace puppeteer but the Blue Mages are playing with fire- there’s a reason why the Orastery has never allowed the study of Beastmen magic. There are just some powers that are meant to be unknown to us.”

“Former Minister Shantotto might disagree with that.” Lodvico pointed out half-jokingly. He knew Pheonic had a deep respect for the powerful Black Mage the Windurstain children called the Wicked Witch of Windurst.

“Lady Shantotto loves power that’s true,” Phe acknowledged, “but she’s never gone so far as the Immortals have in her research. No Windurstian would.”

“And so the reason why you went through the Blue Mage initiation is…?” He asked looking over at her questioningly. Phe had the grace to blush at his look.

“Ok. Ok.” She huffed. “You want me to admit it? I agreed to be injected with that blue ichor -and I do mean ick- because I was curious. I follow the Red Path- I’m neither white or black but something else entirely and I wanted to know what the Blue Path truly is beyond the rumors of the townsfolk.”

“So you allowed them to torture you for knowledge?” He asked quietly. Even now weeks after they’d returned to the capital city of Aht Urghan and her initiation into Blue Magic he found the thought of it unsettling and the memory of waking up to find her gone from his side still had the power to stop his heart.

Knowing something of his thoughts, Phe reached over to grab his hand in hers (she absolutely refused to wear the mail gauntlets until she absolutely had too). “I’m ok,” she reminded him. “And yes, I did it for knowledge. Hold your friends close…”

“And your enemies closer.” He finished the old proverb. “I know your reasoning but I don’t like it.” He admitted. “And I can’t help but feel you’ve started on a path that will only bring more pain. Promise me you’ll be careful.”

“I will,” she smiled lopsidedly. “Besides, its not Blue Magic you have to worry about right now but how much I end up blood tanking as Dark Knight.”

“Don’t remind me,” Lodvico advised with a grimace. “I’ve been trying to ignore that fact since we got on the ship.“

“We can always talk about the wedding plans.” She suggested wickedly, knowing that her fiancé was even less enthusiastic about the plans her mother (and his) were currently planning out like generals during the last battle of the Hydra Corps than he was about the end of the world. She looked over at him impishly. “Your mother had this idea about importing the red phoenix lilies from the Far East for my bouquet- and I know they’re expensive but they’d go so well with my-“

Her teasing was cut short as he leaned over and silenced her with a laughing kiss. By mutual agreement they decided the future could wait- and so could their wedding plans.

Kintrra
Queen Cat

Post by Kintrra »

Go go Phe!! =^.^=

hehe, DRK training...don't ya just looooove being a RDM? XD

Krenna
Kitten

Post by Krenna »

loving this story ^-^ cant wait for more!
[img]http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e240/Zer05uM/Kreena.jpg[/img]
Kintrra
Queen Cat

Post by Kintrra »

MOAR!

....if you're even still doing this story that is Phe. :lol:

pwease? =^.^= :oops:

ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

Aaaw thanks Kintrra! :)

I can't promise anything, but I'll see what I can do. I'll try and have something up in the next week or so- and hopefully do (at least) monthly updates.