SE Dropping Banhammers on Suspect of RMT?

A place to talk about... anything!
Nivez
Story Cat

SE Dropping Banhammers on Suspect of RMT?

Post by Nivez »

Hi there!

Lord been a long time Since I made one of these. this was something I found on Reddit today, SE Banning crafters accounts on suspect of RMT activities due to them making loads of gil off high level crafted items.

Just checking to see if any of our Crafty-kitties in FFXIV were affected, or to have them watch out just in case!
http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/ ... pended_if/
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Re: SE Dropping Banhammers on Suspect of RMT?

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

On some other forums they say it isn't a ban but a 72 hour suspension for investigation.

I SO wish they would investigate my blacklist....
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Ha! All they need to do is scan for shouts, yells and PMs, I'm sure they'll find loads to ban.
Asphe
Feral Cat

Post by Asphe »

Not that simple.

A lot of the accounts doing this were hacked. Well... what did you expect when you were buying power leveling or the like? Still... ban the dumb and dumber as well as the annoying and asinine? (Dear Customer, can you remove your OTP pass? Thank you... sucker!)

So... perma-ban as per normal? That's the thing. Plus there are allegations about 'super-traders' being banned as well. In FFXI, there were a few times when legitimate customers were caught by the same net... and it seems SE might be doing the same thing now as then. Suspend for a week, pending some investigation (some poor dufus has to look at everything you chat/did?)

-----

A long time ago in FFXI (well from beta until just before WoTG), you could start a 'trade' with a player and if they accepted or interacted with you, you could see their ingame temporary ID. Typically ABCDEFNNNYYYY789, and that NNNYYYY corresponded to your POL ID (not your SE ID). Just a paws up but today, I saw someone posting on trying to replicate this old exploit in FFXI (not FFXIV). At least in FFXIV, your handle (SE ID) isn't even in the game... probably in some unencrypted file together with your CC# and password. Hooked up to PSN.
Asphe
Feral Cat

Post by Asphe »

Speaking of banned...

You know you're a die-hard FFXI'er if you 'get' everything.