Running FFXIV With SLI

Red_Xix
Kitten

Running FFXIV With SLI

Post by Red_Xix »

Ok, this is not going to edit any game files, so no worrying about SE pulling your tail.

all you do is update your drivers, run the "Nvidia Tool" export your profiles, add the FFXIVgame.exe profile, and import the new profile. The link I am going to provide will give you better instructions than I jut did but I wanted to give ya' a heads up that this is not a game edit, not a "hack". What you are doing is creating a profile for FFXIVgame.exe to run in SLI. The profile is based on the Crysis game, and runs a bit different on every computer, so tweek away.

http://www.ffxivcore.com/topic/10596-nv ... 6-drivers/

So if you (like me) have a PC with two/three videocards you are all set to boost graphics to the max! =^_^=

Oh, and yes Nvidia is working on creating a profile for the game, so if you are not tech-savy enough for this, you can wait... it should be up some time within the year.
IwasSanyumi
Kitten

Re: Running FFXIV With SLI

Post by IwasSanyumi »

Meow, good stuff, Thanks for posting.

Currently I am only getting low low end on FFXIV but with SLI I should get decent settings on similar resolution... Thanks a bunch =)
Red_Xix
Kitten

Post by Red_Xix »

can ya' tell us how it worked out? I would love to hear about others that used this "fix" =^_^=
IwasSanyumi
Kitten

Post by IwasSanyumi »

Red_Xix wrote:can ya' tell us how it worked out? I would love to hear about others that used this "fix" =^_^=

It seems I mis-typed :shock:

I'm not yet ingame, I meant to base that off my Open Beta performance.

Game is supposed to arrive tomorrow, So Ill let you know by the weekend :)
Red_Xix
Kitten

Post by Red_Xix »

anyone other than me done this yet?
Keerith
Metal Cat

Post by Keerith »

I only have one card. :)

That being said, I did set up a custom profile in Catalyst for XIV; I turned the anti-aliasing off in the FFXIV config and then forced 4x through the card's settings. It seems to look better and run faster.
-Keerith
See you later, space cowboy!

[FFXIV: Keerith Galeo, Priestess of Ormagöden]

"Can't bend what's made of metal / We're reinforced with steel / We never will surrender / We never kneel." - Made of Metal, by Dream Evil
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Interesting, I wonder if that'll help for my old ATI HD 3800.