Thoughts on chocobo raising and breeding

Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Thoughts on chocobo raising and breeding

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

The stats:

- Strength: "Affects the chocobo’s running speed". Good for racing and not falling behind everyone on rental birds when just riding.

- Endurance: "Affects chocobo riding duration". With the low recast timer on the Chocobo whistle, not that important, maybe for a digger and in general riding. The only stat that does not have an adult or L 3 exercisize that buffs it.

- Discernment: "Affects the chocobo’s potential to learn abilities". THE stat for a digger. Seems to be imporatant in learning those yet to be seen abilites.

- Receptivity: "Affects the chocobo’s ability to communicate with fellow chocobos". This I have no idea at all what it could possibly be good for. Any guesses?

Riding Mount, Strength & Endurance. Digger, Discernment maybe Endurance. Racer, Strength maybe Endurance.

What else will they be good for? Again, any ideas?

Breeding:

What do you want to bet that clasic Mendelian genetics do not work here, but Lyenskoian genetics do? For those not into science history, Lyensko (sp?) was a soveit era geneticist, much favored by comarade Stalin, who had a theory of inheritably of acquired characteristics. By this system, breeding two Chocobos with one substandard stat will result in a chick or teen with that characteristic showing as substandard early.

Questions:

Tell a story: "Strengthens bonds of affection and trains mental faculties.
Telling various stories may have a beneficial effect for the chocobo." The key to learning abilites it seems. Anyone out there have a bird with an ability yet? What story(s), what training scedule, what ability? And why isn't it on the Squenix care plan chart? This last means something I am sure, something they don't want to tell us.

Scold the chocobo: "Disciplines the chocobo. Slightly weakens bonds of affection." When would you want to scold a Chocobo? What else does it do? Again, not on the Squenix care plan chart. Hmmmm.....

More later. Probably MUCH more later. :lol: :lol:
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Erpalacion
Kitten

Post by Erpalacion »

Just a little helpful information... I raised my chocobo before I found this and got her Discernment to max (Outstanding) and taught her "Burrow" and "Auto Regen".

Here's a link you can check out:

http://www.wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/Catego ... bo_Raising
Eviticus
'Insignificant Adventurer'

Post by Eviticus »

In the end, I'm just talking out of my ass. So take it all with a grain of salt.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[b]Rank 10 Bastok. Rank 2 Sandy.[/b] Pup 75, Drg 72, Brd 71, Thf 37, War 39, Sam 38, Blm 40, Rdm 22, Whm 40, Mnk 37, Nin 14, Pld 38, Bst 15, Drk 30, Smn 15, Blu 19, Rng 13, Dnc 24, Cor 11.
Paragon of Dragoon Excellence.
Paragon of Bard Excellence.
Paragon of Puppetmaster Excellence.
[quote="Keavy"]Evi still winnarz.[/quote]

[img]http://e.1asphost.com/AJSB1986/wyv-burn.jpg[/img]
Igihstehr
Tomcat

Post by Igihstehr »

How do you actually get the bird to learn an ability? I've raised a number of them and none of them has learned anything from the stories. What am I doing wrong?
[img]http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1026/891925608_d883ad1e18_o.jpg[/img]
[size=75].:|DRG 58|WHM 42|THF 32|BLM 30|SAM 30|BLU 29|WAR 28|BRD 26|NIN 20|SMN 18|RNG 18|MNK 16|DRK 13|PLD 10|RDM 7|:.
San D'Oria Rank 7 || Cooking 22 | Woodworking 47 | Fishing 20 | Alchemy 10[/size]
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Igihstehr wrote:How do you actually get the bird to learn an ability? I've raised a number of them and none of them has learned anything from the stories. What am I doing wrong?
To learn abilities from stories you need three things.

1, Maxed Affection, "Regards you as a parent".

2, Discernment.

3, Patience.

To finally get a bird to learn abilities, I started on a strict mental regimen from day one. With Discernment average and Receptivity a bit lacking, on day 31? 32? she learned two abilities. Now its off to the gym.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.