How I broke the RDM Maat record.

Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

How I broke the RDM Maat record.

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

First let me say that there is a LOT of luck in the RDM Maat fight. This time he resisted NONE of my Sleeps or Binds.

Gear: AF Tabalard, Tights, Boots, Hat. RSE Hands, Loincloth. Blue Coathardie. Red Cape +1, Lamina Mantle +1, Royal Knight's Belt. 2 Wisdom Rings, Electrum & Ether Rings. Holy Phial, Black Silk Neckercheif, Enhancing* and Elemental* Torques. Phantom Thalium*. Morion and Moldavite Earrings. Yes I carried my MND gear, didn't use it though.

Staves: Light, Dark, Ice, Wind, Earth, Water*. Never used Ice or Earth.

Food & Meds: Mellon Pie +1, 3 Yagudo Drink, 3 Hi Ethers, 3 Hi Potion +2, Vile Elixr +1. Used 2 each Yagudo Drink, Hi Ethers.

Tactics: Hit the ground running, Sleep II first thing, Dispell. He had only Stoneskin up. Luck. Stoneskin, Blink, Dispell, nothing else to Dispell.

Take a deep breath, Bind, Aero III, Water III, Sleep II. Run as far away as I can. Yagudo Drink, Hi Ether, Bind, Aero III, Water III, Sleep II again. Run as far away as I can, Bind, Aero III, Sleep II. Convert, Cure IV, Cure III, Cure III, Yagudo Drink, Hi Ether. Somewhere in there I reapplied Blink twice. Stoneskin held throughout the fight, or at least as long as I need it.

Wow, the old fart is down to maybe less than 1/3 HPs. Take a deep breath, Chainspell, Bind, hammer the Aero III button till done.

Didn't see the spells go off, didn't see his HPs fall, wondering what was happening when the screen went dark and I got the "you won" msg.

/dance

What I didn't do: no Silence. If he is casting, he is NOT punching you in the face. No Protect, Shell, Aquaveil. No debuffs save the Dispells. I only used four offensive spells, two defensive, and the Cures. Never rested for MPs. I credit this for giving me the record. I credit luck for giving me the win.

*Purchased for the battle.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Fllora
Kitten

Post by Fllora »

Great job! ^_^ I've heard horrible things about the Maat fight :lol:
Mostly of how the participant got their read kicked by the old guy :lol:
So great job beating the record! 8)
I'll take the explaination into account =3 Can't wait to fight da evil old fart!
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Took me, IDK 10 - 15 tries. I honestly don't count.

Good luck kitty. BTW, most say the RDM Maat fight is the worst one.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Murto
Kitten

Post by Murto »

I feel so sorry for Rng, Thf and Rdm Maat fights, they sound so hard ; ;

My Bst one consisted of "Pet attack Maat, 1 shot Maat's pet with rampage, Make a coffee, come back 5mins later, Win" lol
3 jobs for the Tanks, brave shield for the men
5 jobs for the mages, wise and powerful
7 jobs for the Mortal melees, doom to eternal seek
2 jobs for the supports, in their ivory tower
1 job to rule them all, in the land of Ifrits Cauldron where the shadows lie,
One to solo them all and in the dirt let them die.
1 job to rule them all: Beastmaster.

Bst75, Rdm51, Nin37, War37, Blm37,
Hades Server - Proud Member of MithranPride and LordoftheBeasts
Rank 6 Windy
Beastmaster - Can you handle MY lizard?
AF v1 = Complete!
AF v2 = Head and Feet - O
Okuza
Feral Cat

Post by Okuza »

'Dun feel sorry for THF! THF is so damn easy that I finished it at level 67 and then had to help all my friends endlessly camp books so I'd have people to XP with past 70. THF is just get book, start fight, steal, die, RR, stand, steal. Rinse & repeat. Try it once a day until you win. You'll be done loooong before any of your friends and it's all solo.