Application, questions

Niahlah
Kitten

Application, questions

Post by Niahlah »

Hello!

I used to be a member of Mithrapride way back in the day. I was on Titan server in FFXI. My username was Xnedra, and then Niahlah (I can't remember which one I was using when I was actually part of this linkshell.) It's been a long time, so I don't really remember many of the other kitties.

What I do remember is that being part of Mithrapride was one of my favorite parts of FFXI. It was my first MMO, and though I've played many since, I don't know if I've ever found a community as fun. I miss being a part of this kitty committee, and would love to be so again!

That said, I played ARR during p3 and p4 of beta, and was on the Cactuar server. I haven't activated my account yet (I was gone for a weekend) but I don't like the character I made, so I'm going to restart on a different server. I was planning on Gilgamesh (I looked it up and apparently it's the unofficial RP server.)

My only real qualm with starting on the server where this LS is is that I really didn't want to go to a legacy server, since I'm new and didn't play during 1.0. So, my question is, how much would doing so affect my game? And how active is this LS right now -- is it worth changing my server plans?

And yes, I will be playing as a kitty.
Asphe
Feral Cat

Re: Application, questions

Post by Asphe »

For you, a non-Legacy account holder, the difference between a non-Legacy server and a Legacy server... is the title "Legacy".

Legacy accounts can transfer their 1.x characters to Legacy servers. This potentially means that a Legacy server can be full of people who are high level, filthy rich and who will rub your muzzle in chocobo droppings every chance we get. Or not. There are SO few Legacy players (i.e. those who got conned into PAYING SE for 6 months+ of subscriptions) and even FEWER high level players (most who paid, didn't actually play).

Look, after the after-glow of newness fades in a couple of months, it will be the Legacy servers that have a sufficient number of players to feel 'alive'. That being said, prices of things are slightly higher at the Auction House and a few similar things like that. It really won't affect you at all.

In the meantime, enjoy a Legacy server where not every cat, feline and their flea is at your level, competing for the same mobs, bidding up prices at the AH and when you need help, some few fat cats can help you or awe you.

Oh... one more thing. Legacy servers are where you find Gobbue mounts :rofl: Non-Legacy servers don't have them.

PS I play on Aegis (Legacy) and Valefor (mere mortals) and the difference is palpable. Aegis has cats. Valefor has fleas. You choose. You know how certain types of businesses tend to 'cluster' together? Silicon Valley, Hollywood... Sargatanas (Legacy) server... It's a 'good thing' (Mithra Stewardaru says so).

PSS The 'official' RP, EU servers and what not. It's really just a 'suggestion'. Look how it was in FFXI (or IS rather... or more accurately, IS NOT rather)... so don't worry too much. Sargatanas is a temperate and hip server where all the cool cats hang out in. It IS a NA/EU server... so just turn off 'zone chat' or /shout /yell. Those XBL refugees will return to COD/BF3 in a few weeks time.

PSS WHEN... you join us in Sargatanas, please to present tail for inspection. Arigatou gozaimasu.

PSSS Unlike in FFXI, a LS here is not the be all/end all of ... well Linkshells. You can join multiple linkshells (and see all their cat-meows simultaneously) but what really takes the place of a Linkshell in FFXI, is the Free Company in FFXIV. You can only join one at a time.
Asphe
Feral Cat

Post by Asphe »

Found this at ffxivreallms. The comments in parenthesis are entirely the responsibility of Sugami-cat (I wrote them, but blame him for anything).

Legacy Pros:
1.0 Character data (if applicable)
Established economy (no... not really. Trust meow)
Mixed level of characters, population distribution (see ACN below)
Large amounts of dedicated players (i.e. suckers who paid money to SE)

Legacy Cons:
Possibility of monopoly for economy (again... no. Too few and it really is EASY to level stuff up)
Feeling of being behind (Dude! Where's my level! Any other server, this feeling will be delayed by... 2 days)
If you want to roll Arcanist, there will be a LOT more who already have every other class capped rolling it as well.

New Pros:
Everyone is on the same playing field (unless you have a job, or have a boyfriend... family or need to sleep)
New community full of old and new players (you were either too smart to pay or too poor)
Chance to get ahead in crafting and make lots-o-gil. (No... if you are the type to be good at this... you KNOW)

New Cons:
Possibility of mass exodus 2-4 months in as people get bored (not as likely in legacy servers since they have had populations since 1.x)
Everyone will be choked up in the same few zones for awhile (Oh! My Altana!)
No economy (Market board = nothing that's reasonably priced)
No high level crafters that can fill the market (Well, kitteh... pays me the catnip first)
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Asphe wrote:
PSS WHEN... you join us in Sargatanas, please to present tail for inspection. Arigatou gozaimasu.
I will advise caution when doing so.
This one collects tailfur, and she isn't bery subtle when yoinking it off. :o :cry:
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
Niahlah
Kitten

Post by Niahlah »

Thank you! Those replies were very informative and helpful. You helped quell my few fears about being on a legacy server, so I think I'll definitely be joining you on Sargatanas. I'll be there to present tail soon!

That said, how do I get in contact with the LS, exactly? Is there someone in particular I need to find, or someone here on the forums I need to contact?
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

I am a sackholder as are several of our regular posters.

Mystiana Rulean (I think that's the last name) is Shellholder, Kennocha (forget the last name) is a sackholder.

As soon as I can get in game there will be a list of sackholders on the XIV forum page.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

I still needs an invite though :(
Asphe
Feral Cat

Post by Asphe »

My paws are wide open!

PS Most of us can't get in until September the 4th, PST noon or so anyway.
Niahlah
Kitten

Post by Niahlah »

Wait, what's going on to prevent people from getting in until Sept 4th? Like I said, I've been gone for a few days.
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Game's more popular than SE anticipated.
They've put a stop on character creation on most worlds for now, they're adding more worlds on september 4th.
Niahlah
Kitten

Post by Niahlah »

Ah. So should I not activate my account yet, because I won't be able to play?
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

That's about right at this point. :)
MikaMeow
<Insert Title here>

Post by MikaMeow »

But those with active accounts get an extra free week, so sounds worth activating.
The most wasted day of all is one in which we have not laughed.
Image Image
Asphe
Feral Cat

Post by Asphe »

Activate now. Why?

"users who have yet to enter their registration codes will receive an additional seven-day trial should they register before 11:59 p.m. (PDT) on September 9, 2013."

So meow. Extra 7 days like she said above.

First, update your client, then check on the new Mog Station (Ye Olde SE Account page + Face of Fat Flying Feline). This should show your account status (and days remaining/etc).

If you then put in your code, you'll see 14 days remaining instead of just 7 (stingy*, almost bankrupt SE can't afford to give you a whole free month).

*Legacy catarus only pay USD EIGHT/month.

-----

I'm going to create a trio of characters on Aegis. Just in case we decide to transfer there in the future. Of all the JPN Legacy servers, I like it the best. Sparsely populated but full of hiragana text offering to Reizu your fallen & flealess** feline fellow.

**When kitteh involuntary put to sleep, "All fleas abandon cat!"
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Asphe wrote:**When kitteh involuntary put to sleep, "All fleas abandon cat!"
You know there are repellents for that, right?
No need to inflict those horrendous measures on to us! Why do you always want to inflict pain on us?! :(

[edit]
I'll have to see myself when I get home regarding the log-in issues, but aparently they are still there along with several other issues which have popped up or have gotten worse after the maint.

Aside from that, shortly after gradually reopening they have now stopped character creation on most of the servers again.
Sargatanas isn't on the list yet, but I expect it to be added soon.

Neither Guildwork, The Lodestone blogs nor the official forums are looking pretty at the moment as more and more players are shifting from slightly annoyed to pretty angry and downright unforgiving at this point.
Mystiana
Princess Cat

Post by Mystiana »

There was an error with logging out, but SE fixed it.

Last night I was able to log in multiple times, with at most waiting a whole minute before being connected, but I had a queue immediately when that happened. I've had friends trying to get on Sarg for over a week and they were able to make characters.

I'm one happy kitty right now.
[FFX|V] Mystiana Rulean >> BLM iL94 - DRG iL91 - SMN iL93 - SCH iL77
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1463791/
[FFXI] Mystiana@Shiva >> 99 DNC DRG SMN [currently retired]
90+ WAR BLM WHM BST BRD SCH :: 494 Merit Points
Rank 10 for all nations :: Craft: [Cooking: 54][Fishing: 50]
Niahlah
Kitten

Post by Niahlah »

Well, I was finally able to log in, but so far I can't find any kitties to invite me into the LS. The only person I've seen online is Shirai, and assuming it's the right Shirai, she isn't answering my tells.
Niahlah
Kitten

Post by Niahlah »

I got my invite! *purrs*
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Niahlah wrote:Well, I was finally able to log in, but so far I can't find any kitties to invite me into the LS. The only person I've seen online is Shirai, and assuming it's the right Shirai, she isn't answering my tells.
That Shirai is indeed me, my apologies for not responding.
If it's around the time this post was made I was asleep, that was 1:13 AM for me, and before that I was doing a Delve run with my FFXI linkshell.

I am kind of notorious for never logging out, the only way to get my characters to log out is to physically kick me off the server or cut off my internet connection.

I've taken the liberty to update your forum status to member as well by the way.