Winter Anime Lineup 2012-2013

All your anime and manga needs.
Sugami
Anime cat

Winter Anime Lineup 2012-2013

Post by Sugami »

I guess I should probably talk about the anime I'm watching or seen this season. Only going to mention new anime, no sequels or anything :P

Cuticle Detective Inaba - Off the wall crazy humour about werewolf police dogs. Funniest anime of the season without a doubt :D

Kotoura-san - One of my favourites of the new batch this season. This anime starts off very dark, it's about a girl with ESP who manages to push everyone away from her, including her parents, just because she tells them what they're thinking. If only she was smart enough to keep her mouth shut :P She transfers to a new school where she meets this boy and joins the ESP club (begrudgingly at first) and it takes a turn into a romantic comedy. Don't let that fool you though there are still plenty of feels and drama to be had.

Love Live! - I don't know what it is about idol anime with choreographed CG that I like but me likey :P Though calling it an idol anime might not be fair, it's more like a high-school anime with idols in it. Think of your general high school anime where a group of friends/club gets together to accomplish something, throw in idols and you've pretty much got it. The plot is basically three friends who decide to start a school idol group to save their school from closing, the group will grow in size if the opening is anything to go by. Nice cutesy art as well :)

Tamako Market - Think of K-ON! but replace the light music club with a talking bird and bingo :lol: The talking bird is accepted surprisingly quickly as well. It's funny, quirky and just good fun. Has the same artwork as K-ON! and Kokoro Konnect, also NECK MOLE! :lol:

Amnesia - Looking for a shoujo-anime that'll make you go, "uwah~?!" then this is for you :lol: The first episode seemed normal enough, if you ignore the heroine's imaginary friend, lots of bishie boys etc. Basic plot is she's woken up from an accident and has amnesia (hence the title :P) but at the end of the first episode she faints and when she wakes up her imaginary friend is gone and all the characters around her seem to have different personalities or something. What's real? What's a dream? What the f- is going on?! :lol:

Bakumatsu Gijinden Roman - Just mentioning this one as the artwork is very similar to Lupin III. Essentially it's a fun action-adventure-comedy set in feudal Japan.

GJ-bu - High school anime about a club where the members don't do much of anything except have fun. It's funny light-hearted fun, good for a giggle.

Maoyuu Maou Yuusha - Which I think translates to the Demon King's Hero or something. This is an interesting anime as it starts off looking like a fantasy adventure with the hero setting out to defeat the Demon King only to find the Demon King is a big breasted woman who is very knowledgeable about social and economical issues. He decides to join her to bring peace and prosperity to the land. It's an interesting anime to say the least.

Mondaijitachi ga Isakai Kara Sou Desu yo - AKA The Loli Games :lol: These three kids (most likely around high school age) with "special powers" are transported to another world by a bunny-girl to take part in these "games". How to best describe... adventure-comedy perhaps.

OreShura - That's the shortened title :P High school comedy with some feels thrown in; about a boy who wants nothing to do with love as he considers it a distraction, then the most popular/beautiful girl in class asks him out only to find out that she's somewhat two-faced and just wants a fake-boyfriend so all the boys would stop asking her out and stuff.

Vividred Operation - Science Magical Girls :lol: Basically your typical magical girl premise only that the "magic" is actually made with SCIENCE! There's also a few things that raise an eyebrow; like why is the school uniform hot pants? What's with all the ass-shots? Having two "magical" girls kiss (forehead) to "dock" to become one super "magical" girl :?

I found out something about Little Busters recently that is kinda interesting, it started last season but is going on for a 1/2 year season by the looks of things. The anime is based on a KEY game, if that doesn't mean anything to you they made Kanon, Air and Clanned, pretty well known H-games. The interesting thing about this is Little Busters wasn't originally an H-game, they made that after the non pr0nzors game. The main character isn't really your typical protagonist of an H-game, small kid that has bouts of narcolepsy. It does have some off the wall plots that Key is kinda well known for; okay so a girl forgetting her dead brother due to all the pain it caused her isn't that weird but a girl with no shadow with a doppelganger that turns out to be her "shadow" that takes her place and somehow everyone seems to accept that she's always been that way is pretty weird :P Lots of feels to be had when it gets into the serious portions of the story.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure still going on, about half way through the 2nd act now I think. ZA WARUDO!
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Re: Winter Anime Lineup 2012-2013

Post by Shirai »

Sugami wrote:I guess I should probably talk about the anime I'm watching or seen this season. Only going to mention new anime, no sequels or anything :P

Amnesia - Looking for a shoujo-anime that'll make you go, "uwah~?!" then this is for you :lol: The first episode seemed normal enough, if you ignore the heroine's imaginary friend, lots of bishie boys etc. Basic plot is she's woken up from an accident and has amnesia (hence the title :P) but at the end of the first episode she faints and when she wakes up her imaginary friend is gone and all the characters around her seem to have different personalities or something. What's real? What's a dream? What the f- is going on?! :lol:
Caught episode 1 on Crunchyroll, first thing I thought was Yuu Watase. But nope, a very similar style though.
I'll pick up an episode or two to see if I really like it, or bin it like a lot of other Shojo titles.
Mondaijitachi ga Isakai Kara Sou Desu yo - AKA The Loli Games These three kids (most likely around high school age) with "special powers" are transported to another world by a bunny-girl to take part in these "games". How to best describe... adventure-comedy perhaps.
Interesting title, I have watched a partial episode but then my phablet (Samsung Note) lost its signal and stopped buffering.
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure still going on, about half way through the 2nd act now I think. ZA WARUDO!
Wryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Started watching this series last week, I watch an episode every weeknight while eating my dinner.
One of my new year resolutions just to try and keep up a little.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Amnesia might not be the best shoujo title, might stay interesting enough to be watchable. Last season had a couple of great shoujo titles though, pretty sure I mentioned them in my last preview. Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun (The Monster Seated Next To Me) and Sukitte Ii Na Yo (Say "I Love You") I both highly recommend. Going further back Fruits Basket and Ouran High School Host Club I also highly recommend, shoujo titles but they're for everyone really. Also if you like a bit of music Uta no Prince-sama: Maji Love 1000%, has the same art style as Amnesia, you know... weird combinations of iris and pupil colour :lol: Why can't I find the ending song thing of the anime? Oh well, this CG thing will give you an idea http://youtu.be/WC6OuV6DwXc :P sen pa~sen rabu~ :lol:

I can't wait for Act 3 of JoJo, we'll finally get Stands and ZA WARUDO! :D I try to watch 1-2 episodes in the morning when I have my breakfast before going to work and 2 at night before I go to sleep, and I'm still behind in my anime watching :oops:
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Sugami wrote:I try to watch 1-2 episodes in the morning when I have my breakfast before going to work and 2 at night before I go to sleep, and I'm still behind in my anime watching :oops:
In the morning I do not have time for that, those are usually spent with the radio on for the news headlines and a bit of background noise/music while I take my vitamins, drink my coffee and catch up on other happenings on this planet through my tablet.
At 7AM I leave home to catch the tram to the station, I get back home at 6:30/7PM where I make my dinner and sit down to eat it and then watch an episode of whatever I'm following at that moment.

After which it's doing the dishes, getting a quick shower and move on to Animecon business or my ingame static parties until LS events start.
After LS events it's off to bed.

Occasionally I watch a few eps or a movie during the weekend, but that's all I have time for.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Bummer bro :(

Oh snap! I totally worked out Amnesia! It's like the shoujo version of Groundhog Day only each time the day is repeated people's personalities/memories are different and she's dating a different boy :lol: Oh, there also appears to be a mysterious antagonist so this is actually looking like a pretty interesting anime.