Autumn Anime Lineup 2012

All your anime and manga needs.
Sugami
Anime cat

Autumn Anime Lineup 2012

Post by Sugami »

Yes it's Autumn, not your silly "Fall" :P

http://www.animeph.com/fall-2012-new-an ... eview-list (breakdown and PVs)

http://bestanimeseason.com/series_images/Fall2012v1.png (chart)

Looks to be a good season for Shirai :D
Jormungand Season 2 (seinen) - if you haven't watched the first season then WHY THE HELL NOT?! :P Highly recommended.
Zetsuen no Tempest (Seinen, Fantasy, Mystery)
Psycho-Pass (Sci-Fi, Cyberpunk)

Shin Sekai Yori – From the New World - Has started already, I'm calling it "Head-exploding Anime" as you will find out if you watch the first five minutes :P Looks to be an interesting one.

The ones I'm looking forward to the most are Seitokai Ichizon Season 2, loved the first season, absolutely hilarious and would put money on it being one of if not the funniest anime this season. And Bakuman Season 3 :D
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Re: Autumn Anime Lineup 2012

Post by Shirai »

It does.
And Jomrungand is on my backlog, no worries.

And ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh, a new Space Battleship Yamato!
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Well most of the new season has started now, I'm going to highlight the ones that have stuck out for me.

K and Zetsuen noTempest I'm going to put in the awesome stuff is happening but I have no idea what's going on category :lol: Both look interesting yet hard to follow, worth picking up.

Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun AKA The Monster Seated Next To Me, in what looks to be a season of mostly romantic comedies this one is looking to be the funniest anime of the season. Even if you don't like romcoms that much I highly recommend giving this one a chance. Mini-spoiler; both characters have already confessed after the second episode, so none of that tearing your hair out waiting for two awkwardly shy kids to get to grips with their emotions :P

Psycho-Pass - Think of a cross between Judge Dredd and Minority Report only the guns the police use are the "judges", which are connected up to an anti-criminal super computer or something. The guns basically decide what level of "criminal" the perp is and as to what level of force to use (i.e. paralyze or lethal). The Minority Report analogy is because the guns can also tell if the perp is likely to become a criminal/commit a crime. Crime also seems to be somewhat "contagious", being a victim of crime is likely to raise your "criminal index" or whatever. The "psycho-pass" are a group of ex-cons specially hired/deployed by the police to deal with the worst kind of criminals. Looks to be a pretty interesting (and somewhat gory) anime, worth picking up.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventre - ZA WARUDO! Need I say more? :lol:

BTOOOM! - Looks to be the dark, gritty and somewhat gory anime of the season. Think of your average team based FPS/shooter but with bombs instead of guns, then make people do it for real and bingo. What's it with rape with these kinds of anime? Going to have a dark anime? Make sure there's a schoolgirl who gets raped or attempted rape just to show how dark the anime is...

Robotics:Notes - Light hearted slice of life anime about a robotics club at school that are making a giant robot, worth a watch.
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Sugami wrote:JoJo's Bizarre Adventre - ZA WARUDO! Need I say more? :lol:
No, you has my interest.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

I'm going to mention couple more:

Sukitte Ii Na Yo - AKA "Say I Love You" is quite obviously a shoujo-anime, the heroine is flat chested, plain but still cute and the love interest is a bishie dream boat that the female population of the school all loves so you couldn't really get more shoujo-like than this. However I really like this anime and it's only been two episodes, this one leans more towards the emotions and relationship side of the story with some situational comedy so it's not laugh out loud but you get a good giggle every now and then and it makes you care about the characters. If you're looking for some feels this season this is probably one of the best anime to get them :)

Little Busters! - A sports anime without sports, interesting. Basically a group of friends decide they want to start a baseball team at school. It's a very funny show so think it's more of a school comedy than a sports anime really.

Busou Shinki - Okay this has made it to my "don't see" list after 1 1/2 episodes. It's about these little battle girl robots but there's not much battling because their master says it's "dangerous" and the anime is really trying to be a moe comedy than anything else. Thing is the girls just creep me out 'cause of their joints and what not, it's not very funny either, just found it kind of dull really.

Onii-chan Dakedo Ai Sae Areba Kankei Nai yo ne - You should probably stay clear of this one as well, I'm still undecided after 2 episodes. It's a somewhat perverted comedy about a sister who has romantic feelings for her blood brother and also there's a few other girls chasing after him. Reasonably funny but pretty disturbing.

Code Breaker - Should be called "Face Burner", 'nough said :P
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Shinsekai Yori AKA Head Explodey anime I am now renaming to Gay Lesbiany anime as for no reason whatsoever everyone in their school is suddenly gay, WHAT'S GOING ON?!! Seriously weird ass anime, watch it so you can be as confused as I am :lol:
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

I think its called fanservice.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

It isn't fan service, at least it doesn't seem like it :P It seems like it's supposed to be a big part of the plot or something, practically everyone is a couple and it's all same sex. There's nothing really fan-servicey as it's mainly just hand holding and hugging, these kids are all 14yrs old at this point.