Summer Anime 2012

All your anime and manga needs.
Sugami
Anime cat

Summer Anime 2012

Post by Sugami »

It's here, almost, got lots of sequels and second seasons.

Also http://www.animeph.com/summer-2012-new- ... eview-list classifies each anime and shows some PVs as well.

I remember Shirai saying you like Seinen manga/anime and it just so happens that Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita is classified as such so you might want to look out for that one ;)

Also sad that Fate Zero has ended :( Ending was a bit bwah? And it was odd as there never seemed to be an actual protagonist, everyone looked like a douché except for Waver and lets be honest he was never going to win but I'm happy with how his story ended at least.
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Re: Summer Anime 2012

Post by Shirai »

Sugami wrote:I remember Shirai saying you like Seinen manga/anime and it just so happens that Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita is classified as such so you might want to look out for that one ;)
I'll keep my eyes on it, if I find time... :(
Paris this week, and already preparing for Anime 2013.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

It started off a bit slow but then it kinda went nuts half way through and got crazy sillly hilarious fun, though it's certainly not the more serious type of anime so might not be something you'd enjoy :)
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

I'd like to mention some anime that have caught my attention more than the others this season.

Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita - Mentioned it before, it's one of the weirdest anime I have ever seen, up there with Excel Saga. Whereas Excel Saga embraces it's whackiness this is almost nonchalant about how bat-sh*t crazy it gets. Very fun and funny, I highly recommend.

Natsuyuki Rendezvous - This is the emotional series of this season. Aimed at girls/women primarily it's still a good watch for all I believe. In short it's a love story with a ghost, the synopsis has it covered pretty much. Hazuki falls in love with a flower shop owner, Rokka and starts working there part time. Turns out the ghost of her dead husband is following her around and Hazuki is the only one that can see him. I'd recommend this for anyone who's interested in a romance story with a difference.

Kokoro Connect - A funny and interesting story about a group of 5 friends in the cultural club (or something) who start randomly switching bodies. Body switching is nothing new but I like the way they're handling this story and the plot picks up in the second episode :)

Sword Art Online - Interesting sci-fi story about MMO players being trapped in a virtual MMO, reminds me a little of .hack//sign but hopefully it'll actually have an ending. Only seen one episode, so we'll see where this one goes.
Quote of the week: There's no job system in this game you noob! (okay I added the noob part :P)

Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse - Looking for a good mecha anime this season? Then keep looking, this isn't it. Stick with Gundam AGE or second season of Rinne Lagrange :P It's very dark and grim series, there's good CG for the mecha but the aliens look pretty terrible and it's taken two episodes for the story to actually catch up to where it wants to be, which isn't really anything interesting. With big breasted girls and skin tight suits it's just a T&A session with CG and gore thrown in really.

Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate - Love, elections and chocolate as you would imagine is based on a date-sim or "romance visual novel". It's funny with nice artwork (reminiscent of Amagami SS) but frustrating is hit with the censor-stick. It's not going out of the way to be pervy there's just a couple of panty shots in the first episode and one in the second that are apparently not suitable for TV viewing. *sigh*

Oda Nobuna no Yabou - Is it possible for there to be a season without an anime about the sengoku/warring states characters and/or period? This series has portrayed them as women, which would be 3rd one I've seen after Time Paradox Battle Girls and Sengoku Collection. Basic plot is a school boy from the future (our present) somehow appears in an alternate sengoku period. It plays out as a pretty funny comedy series at least.

There's quite a few other anime that are worth a watch but they're nothing all that special TBH :P
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Tari Tari - Wins my vote for best looking anime of this season. It's the same art style as Guilty Crown, Kamisama no Memochou and Hanasaku Iruha and I just love it :D
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Have I mentioned how much I love Kokoro Connect? Easily one of my favourites of this season. It has everything IMO; comedy, drama, sci-fi, nice artwork and animation, you name it it probably has it :D

Also the K-ON! movie is awesome, gets my kitty's two thumbs up :2thumb:
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

This season is great for comedy, one of the best comedy seasons in a long while.

Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita - Mentioned it before, it's really off the wall and quirky, doesn't throw jokes in your face every minute but is definitely worth a watch.

Kokoro Connect - Again mentioned it before. Not a straight up comedy as it has some sci-fi and the drama but it does have some great comedic moments.

Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate - Yes another one I mentioned, just a fun and funny ride.

Oda Nobuna no Yabou - Guess what, mentioned this one as well :P It's more of an action adventure set in the warring states era than a comedy but the comedy is pretty funny when it comes along, it also has a little heart too.

Kono Naka ni Hitori, Imouta ga Iru - Or "one of them is my sister", for once a reason for a male character to shy away from girls chasing after him :P Funny though a little perverted :P

Rinne no Lagrange Season 2 - You do need to have seen the first season, I have and still don't really understand what's going on :P Comedy isn't the main focus of this one but it's good fun.

La Storia della Arcana Famiglia - More an action anime than comedy about a mafia-like family with special powers, swords and guns. Seems like they're trying to pander to both genders as there's the classic single female surrounded by bishie guys and there's also the action. Worth a watch.

Tari Tari - Mentioned this one too :P Great artwork, a lot of heart and a good bit of comedy to boot.

Binbougami Ga - This is a contender for funniest anime of the season. About a girl who is so lucky that a god of poverty is sent to take her fortune to spread it around more evenly. The gags are hilarious and there's some very funny references as well (Lupin III, DBZ, etc.) and to top it off it has a bit of heart as well, definitely worth a watch.

YuraYuri Season 2 - Don't need to have seen the first season but you'll have a better understanding of the characters if you do. Extremely funny, think Azumanga Daioh and you're close to it. Out of the running for funniest anime since it's the second season :P

Joshraku - This is the other one in the running for funniest anime of the season. It's a very wordy anime about a group of girls who work at a traditional comedy club, ironically you only ever hear the punch line so never get the joke :P They even break the fourth wall in the first episode and talk about how making a talky anime mostly set in the back room of the comedy club is a stupid idea. Well worth a watch.

Natsuyuki Rendezvous - Just tag this one on the end (also mentioned before) as it has some pretty funny moments.