Winter Anime 2011/2012

All your anime and manga needs.
Sugami
Anime cat

Winter Anime 2011/2012

Post by Sugami »

With the Autumn season wrapping up the Winter season is just around the corner.

Not many big names sticking out at me. Gundam SEED HD remaster, who needs that? :P Lupin III but no one seemed to sub it last season :( A new Prince of Tennis season. Amagi SS+ for those who saw the first season and a fourth season of Natsume no Yuujinchou, yay :) Seems like there's quite a lot of good OAVs though.
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Re: Winter Anime 2011/2012

Post by Shirai »

BERSERK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Other titles catching my eye:

- Scryed Alteration
- Carnival Phantasm ^__________________________^
- Steins;Gate
- Rurouni Kenshin - Shin Kyoto-Hen
- Captain Harlock
- .Hack movie

Other then that, a lot of it seems to yet again mainly cater the "Forever alone" otaku crowd. :roll:
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

I'm going to wait a few episodes before doing an early review but I'm going to review this one now since I'm not going to watch anymore of it.

Baby, Please Kill Me - Basically it's a comedy about 3 high school girls, an assassin, a ninja and an ordinary girl. Thing is it's just too stupid for me to find it funny, I stopped watching half way through the first episode. I'm not going to recommend this one.

Series that are continuing into the Winter season; SKET Dance is still going strong with the 39th episode being release this week, I love this anime so good news for me :D Gundam AGE seems to be going for a 1/2 year season, can't say that's all that surprising, when was the last time a Gundam season wasn't at least 25 odd episodes long? :P Persona 4 looks to be going longer as well, which is awesome news as I reckon it was the best anime of last season. I believe Last Exile - Fam the Silver Wing is still going on, had a recap episode on episode 10 >.> I'd take a guess at Chihayafuru, Mirai Nikki and Phi Brain going on too, which is also good news as they're all good series :)
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Nisemonogatari - Oh sanp I don't see how I didn't pick up on this sooner, as the blarb says it's the sequel to Bakamonogatari, which if anyone's seen the original knows how awesome it is. You won't see many anime like this one, though I can't really say whether you'll be able to just jump in and pick up if you haven't seen the first season but I highly recommend picking it up. Sadly the only thing available to purchase are figures, I'd love to have it on DVD :( Short is it's about a vampire boy or ex-vampire but he still has quick healing and his interesting adventures meeting various monsters and psychopaths, but it's not really an action anime, there's a lot of talking and word play, psychological elements and it's very funny. The artwork is great, the only thing that's really "hand drawn" are the characters and the rest is CG (not 3D stuff) so there's no sharpies and everything is perfect lines, curves, etc. Watch it, like it, love it :D
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Another - Going to throw this out now, Shirai, watch this one! Only been one episode so far but I've just been wowed that much already. Essentially looks to be a ghost story type anime but there's a lot of suspense and mood building, seems very interesting and the art style is beautiful. Keeping my fingers crossed this will turn out to be a good one :)
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Best comedy of this season: Daily Lives of High School Boys - Hilarious stuff, I haven't laughed this much since Baka to Test :P The show is basically split up into several little stories, mostly that revolve around 3 high school boys (who'd have thunk it) but also extends to their school chums and there's also a section called "the funky lives of high school girls" or something, which you can pretty much guess :P

Most cheesy action mecha anime this season: Aquarion Evol - I honestly can't tell if it's taking itself seriously or not, which makes it all the more amusing really :lol: There's a part in episode one where a boy's mecha and girl's mecha combine by breaking some seal or the other, it is very blatantly a euphemism and they seem to almost orgasm in the process :P There's also extremely cheesy music that plays when the mecha combines to make the kickass mecha. Yet the CG is impressive and it still makes for an enjoyable watch.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Want to watch anime but don't know which fansub group to go with? Never fear, this will help you decide!
http://8ths.in/2011/12/02/winter-2012-a ... omparison/
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

So with the season practically over I can comment on some of the finished series.
Another - Started great, really mysterious with good mood building. Then it took a bit of a turn into Final Destination territory but it kept up the creepy ghost story kinda mystery, very gory ending not for the light hearted but I still highly recommend it. Best anime of the season? Perhaps.
Daily Lives of Highschool Boys - Sad it's finished at only 12 episodes, easily the funniest anime of the season and funniest anime I've seen since Baka to Test.
Black Rock Shooter - If another is the best anime of the season this is perhaps the second. It's a pretty strange anime that has traditional animation for the (troubled) lives of a few school girls and CG for another world action scenes and they do tie together.
Ano Natsu de Matteru - This is probably the emotional anime of the season, can think of it as a typical high school romance story with aliens involved. It's touching but there have been better (Toradora to name one).