Spring 2017 Anime Line-up

All your anime and manga needs.
Sugami
Anime cat

Spring 2017 Anime Line-up

Post by Sugami »

https://www.livechart.me/spring-2017/tv

Woo let's get this show on the road!

Frame Arm Girls - Comedy, sci-fi, ecchi. Imagine an anime about gunpla, oh wait they already made that. Well imagine the gunpla are girls and alive and you kinda have the plot to this anime. Quite enjoyable and funny. Also the frame arm girls are mostly done in CG with traditional animation for the rest.

Oushitsu Kyoushi Haine - Comedy, bishounen, shoujo. Quite obviously aimed at girls, it's actually quite funny and would recommend girls to give it a try.

Rokudenashi Majutsu Koushi to Akashic Records - Comedy, school, fantasy. This one grew on me, it's really quite funny and might be one of the stand out comedies of the series.

Warau Salesman NEW - Comedy. This is a remake of an old mange, which already had an anime. As one might expect the art style and animation is very old school and to be honest quite ugly, it put me right off the anime. If you can get past it it might be worth a watch but I couldn't stand a minute.
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Re: Spring 2017 Anime Line-up

Post by Shirai »

!

Shingeki no Bahamut!!

For others I'm going to rely on your reviews as I am in extremely short supply of time at the moment.
Just bought a house...
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Busou Shoujo Machiavellianism - Action, comedy, school. If you're into high school girls with swords this is the show for you :P Action is pretty cool and it's quite funny so might be worth a watch.

Clockwork Planet - Fantasy, sci-fi, adventure, comedy. I really like the concept but I feel they didn't make proper use of it. It's also kinda pervy, robot girl giving the main character a finger BJ to register him as her owner. It's quite enjoyable but doesn't do anything all that new or interesting. Also all the budget is spent on the CG so the art and animation is somewhat sub-par.

Eromanga-sensei - Comedy. I like this one, good concept and really quite funny. You'll probably be familiar with the art style too. Highly recommend if looking for a good comedy.

Hinako Note - Comedy, School. I love this one, it's reminiscent of Is Your Order a Rabbit only not quite as weird but not far off. It's cute and really quite funny, well worth a watch.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Kabukibu - School, club. It's an anime about a Kabuki theatre club, not much more to say. Not all that interesting unless you really like Kabuki theatre :P

Re-Creators - Fantasy, touch of comedy. I really like the concept and the artwork and execution is really good. Highly recommend.

Cool beans about the house, is it in Amsterdam? Last time I visited I met some family, they said housing/property for sale was quite sparse in Amsterdam.
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Sugami wrote:Cool beans about the house, is it in Amsterdam? Last time I visited I met some family, they said housing/property for sale was quite sparse in Amsterdam.
Nah, I'm moving out of Amsterdam. With what I make I can barely afford to buy a 2 room apartment there and I now almost own a 4 bedroom house close to The Hague.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Yeah that's the same over here, if I had gone further north by half hour or so I could have got a 3 bed house rather than a 2 bed flat :oops:

Fukumenkei Noise - School, music, comedy. I like the art style, big round eyes, reminiscent of Fruits Basket and Star Driver. I like the music aspect of this show and I think people who like music anime will do as well.

Sagdrada Reset - School, fantasy. I really like the concept of this, super powered people but their super powers generally aren't all that "super". It's not an entirely original concept but what they do with it is pretty unique and it has definitely got my interest.

Sakura Quest - Slice of life. It's pretty cute and probably watch it if I had the time but there's not enough to really draw me in.

Renai Boukun - Fantasy, comedy. This is possibly one of the funniest shows this season, I love it. Also "kiss note" topkek :lol: Highly recommend.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Alice to Zourouku - Action, superpower, touch of comedy. I really like the concept and plot behind this one and it has a nice bit of humour thrown in as well. The first episode is a double to whet your appetite.

Atom the Beginning - Sci-fi, action, adventure. Seems a little childish, the art feels like it's an adaptation of an old manga but that aside I really quite like this one. It's kinda like Real Steel the anime. If you like robots you'll probably like this one.

DanMachi Gaiden - Sword Oratoria - Fantasy, adventure. Rather run of the mill fantasy adventure dressed up as an MMO. What bugs me about this anime is it acts like the world is an MMO, people have "classes" and "levels" and there are "dungeons" with numbered "levels". Maybe it's just me but this really bugs me, it's either a game or it's not, you can't have something half way and take yourself seriously.

Seikaisuru Kado - Sci-fi. Really quite interesting sci-fi that reminds me a little of Arrival (if you saw that movie). Things might change after episode 1 though. You don't need to watch episode 0, it just adds backstory to a couple of characters. What really bugs me about this series is the mix of traditional animation and CG. There will be characters that are CG except for when they need to have exaggerated animation and then there will be characters who are always traditionally animated (minor characters) and there will be parts when you'll have both CG and traditional animation in the same shot and it's really jarring. I'm hoping they'll sort it out later or I can just put up with it because the plot seems really interesting.

Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasuka Isogashii Desuka Sukutte Moratte Ii Desuka - Fantasy, adventure. AKA "The show with the stupidly long title". It's quite fun and interesting, another one of those "people are weapons" kinda anime but it didn't really draw me in.

Tsuki ga Kirei - School, slice of life, romance. Looks to be the story of a couple of awkward school kids who'll end up falling in love. It's kinda endearing but rather slow and not all that interesting TBH.

Twin Angel BREAK - Magic girl. Slot machine turned anime, it's a very average magic girl anime, not really worth your time.

Zero kara Hajimeru Mahou no Sho - Fantasy, adventure. Nice art, quite interesting story but didn't do enough to really grab my attention. I'd watch it if I had the time but I'm being more picky with my anime recently :P

I think that may be all of them :P