Winter 2017 Anime Line-up

Post by Sugami »

https://myanimelist.net/anime/season/2017/winter

It's here and I'm late because I've been sick :P
Sugami
Anime cat

Re: Winter 2017 Anime Line-up

Post by Sugami »

ACCA - 13-ku Kansatsu-ka - Seinen, drama, police. Seemed a little slow to start but has promise so I'll give it another episode. Quite an interesting concept so maybe give it a try and see.

Akiba's Trip The Animation - Action, comedy, ecchi. Or is it Akiba Strip? :lol: You may have seen the game, the concept is so silly it's funny and the animation is pretty damn good too. Recommend to fans of comedy and/or ecchi :P

Chain Chronicle - Haecceitas no Hikari - Fantasy. Think this is the TV version of the movie so there'll be more material at some point. Also think it's a game adaptation. Haven't seen the movie but I like the series. Recommend if after a good fantasy anime.

Demi-chan wa Kataritai - Comedy, fantasy, school. This is a pretty cute show and it's also pretty funny too. Read the synopsis and if it sounds interesting go watch :)

elDLIVE - Sci-fi, fantasy, comedy. This feels like it's aimed at young teenagers so it didn't really speak to me, seems quite random as well.

Fuuka - School, comedy, romance. I really quite like this one, reminds me of Amagami. Recommend to fans of school romances.

Gabriel DropOut - School, comedy, fantasy. Funny concept, I like this one. Recommend as a good comedy.

Hand Shakers - Action, fantasy, ecchi. You can tell they had an idea to make this series look stylish but it's completely lost under all the CG. The CG is too jarring, it's all over the joint and doesn't mesh with the traditional animation. I'm going to gloss over one character stomping on the crotch of a girl for her to use her powers... yeah don't really recommend this one.

Idol Jihen - Idol, music, comedy. So what makes this different is the idols are government sponsored in effect but other than that there isn't all that much different or interesting to other idol anime. Recommend only if you really like idol anime.

Kemono Friends - Kids, CG. The CG is really quite bad, maybe 'cause it's aimed at kids they don't need it to be particularly good. Don't recommend.

Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon - Comedy, fantasy. Another funny concept, very amusing. Recommend for a good comedy.

Marginal#4 - Kiss kara Tsukuru Big Bang - Idol, bishie. I'll admit I didn't watch much of it, seems like your average pretty boy idol anime. Recommend if you have a vagina and like bishie idol anime :lol:

Masamune-kun no Revenge - School, comedy. Another good comedy set in school. Recommend for comedy lovers.

Minami Kamakura Koukou Joshi Jitensha-bu - School, club, sport, comedy. So straight off the end of Long Riders we get another bicycle anime. I didn't find this one all that interesting or funny TBH. Don't really recommend unless you really love bikes :P

Schoolgirl Strikers - Animation Channel - School, action, fantasy, comedy. Can't really say much about this one other than I enjoyed it. Read the synopsis and check it out if it sounds interesting :)

Seiren - School, slice of life, comedy. I like the artwork and the characters are fun, it's entertaining. Recommend if you like this kind of thing.

Spiritpack - Fantasy, comedy. Nice mix of semi-serious fantasy action and silly humour. I like this one, recommend it.

Urara Meirochou - Fantasy, comedy. It's cute but there's not an awful lot going on. Might be worth a watch but it doesn't have enough going on to keep my interest.

Youjo Senki - Fantasy, action, war. What happens when you mix magic and WWI? This probably. Interesting thing about this one is the "good guys" appear to be The Axis rather than The Allies. Also has great characters. Recommend this one.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Kuzu no Honkai - School, drama. First off, I really like the art and animation, it's really quite beautiful. So... this anime is really quite messed up, so much so that it's so awkward that I'm not sure I want to keep watching it. Also a little bit rapey :P If you're interesting in seeing something a little dark and different then give it a shot.
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

I actually haven't looked at this season's anime, at all.
New employer, too busy...
Sugami wrote:Akiba's Trip The Animation - Action, comedy, ecchi. Or is it Akiba Strip? :lol: You may have seen the game, the concept is so silly it's funny and the animation is pretty damn good too. Recommend to fans of comedy and/or ecchi :P
Not just seen, I played the game through and through.
I'll check out a few episodes to see how they correspond with the game. (The game has a cohesive story, but nothing too deep. All in all it's good entertainment.)
Fuuka - School, comedy, romance. I really quite like this one, reminds me of Amagami. Recommend to fans of school romances.
Read part of the manga, but dropped it after a while, I won't spoil the exact reason here.

Fate/Grand Order -First Order- My girlfriend and I are huge fans of the Fate franchise so this one had to be seen.
The anime covers, as the title implies, the first mission of the game, with some extra story to highlight a few things that aren't very clear in the game.
As a player of the game, I did miss a couple of things and some of them felt slightly different but all in all it was built well.
This part follows an alternate route in the Fate/Stay Night timeline (Fuyuki 2004) where something (not yet explained) happens which changes the fifth Holy grail war completely.
In short:

If you've seen or played the original Fate/Stay Night you'll see a couple of the well known servants from Fate/Stay Night also have different roles like Cu Chulain (Lancer) as aster, Medusa (Rider) as Lancer as well as Artoria Pendragon (Saber) in her corrupted Alter form.

At this point we're not sure if they're going to be making more, but there will be more Fate series (Fate/Apocrypha and Fate/Extra) coming somewhere this year as well as a (possibly multi-part) movie of Fate/Stay Night following the Heavens Feel route of the game (Sakura's story).
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Yeah I saw the Fate thing, seems like it's the first in a series of DVD/BD specials, they certainly open it up for more episodes and what a twist!</M Knight Shamwow> at the end :P
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Keep forgetting about a couple more :P

BanG Dream! - Music, school, bit of comedy. This is kinda like what would happen if you mixed K-On! with an idol anime as there is more focus on the music rather than just the characters. I like this one, characters are fun and interesting and there's a nice helping of music. I'd recommend to fans of music and/or school anime.

Kuzu no Honkai - School, drama. This is quite possibly the most messed up (in a "normal setting") anime I've ever seen. It's full of dysfunctional people and relationships. As a quick synopsis; the two main characters are using each other to fill the romantic void they have for someone unattainable. The girl has a serious thing for her brother (because you can't have an anime without incest) and the boy has a thing for his teacher. But wait, there's more! They're not the only two messed up characters. To say it's awkward in places would be an understatement and I'm sure it'd be off-putting to some. With that in mind it makes for a pretty interesting drama. I think what makes this even more pungent is the beautiful artwork as it's a complete contradiction to the disgusting nature of the show and characters. Recommend if looking for an interesting drama.