All your anime and manga needs.
Sugami
Anime cat

Autumn 2016 Anime Line-up

Post by Sugami »

Prepare your anus!

https://myanimelist.net/anime/season/2016/fall
http://anichart.net/fall

Can't find a picture of it yet, it's right around the corner with lots of sequels I'm looking forward to.
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Re: Autumn 2016 Anime Line-up

Post by Shirai »

Looking forward to:
Ajin 2 -> Netflix
Drifters -> Even though the manga is still pretty far from finished I believe. (From the same Mangaka that brought you Helsing)
3-Gatsu no Lion -> Because... Shaft, who also brought us the Monogatari series, Madoka and Sayonara Zetsubo Sensei.
Also, home of the famous head tilt.

Probably what my girlfriend will force me to watch with her:
Touken Ranbu -> Pretty boys with swords
Yuri on Ice -> more pretty boys... ON ICE! (Probably not, because she's not into sports anime anyway, but I foresee a quite large female fanbase and some confused male anime fans going; "I thought this was a Yuri anime...:(")

Maybe:
Monster Hunter
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Heybot! - Sci-fi, kids. This is just plain silly, and is somewhat schizophrenic as it's all over the place in tone and style. Recommend if you're 12 or younger.

Dream Festival - Music, idol, bishounen. Nothing all that note worthy here. Recommend only if you don't have a Y chromosome.

Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku - Magic, magical girl. In case you thought you were watching a happy magical girl anime it starts off with a scene of lots of dead people (presumably magical girls). Other than that the first episode doesn't expand on anything grim and has the more usual happy tone. Probably won't be as messed up as Puella Magica. Recommend if you're interested in a magical girl anime that does something different.

Magic-Kun! Renaissance - Music, idol, bishounen, reverse-harem. This does something a bit different with the whole art being almost magical thing but it's still the same old tired formula. Recommend only for girls who like reverse-harem anime.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Brave Witches - Action, comedy, plane-girls. This is a continuation of Strike Witches, seems like it has new characters but I never saw the original as think it was OAV rather than a TV series. Saying that it's good fun, reminds me of Kantai Collection so recommend if you like that or Strike Witches.

Monster Hunter Stories Ride On - Fantasy, action, kids. Yeah sadly this seems to be aimed at kids so it doesn't appeal to me. Recommend if you're 12 or younger or REALLY like Monster Hunter.

Nanbaka - Comedy. Think it literally translates to "number idiots" as the main characters all have numbers. It's a pretty damn funny anime set in a prison where a group of characters (with unique skills) are constantly trying to escape. Recommend if you like comedies.

Nyanbo! - Comedy. I don't normally watch short anime but this is the little cat box people anime so you'll probably want to see it :P

Shakunetsu no Takkyuu Musume - Sports, school, comedy. Quite a fun anime, a tiny issue is how there's slight sexualization set in a (girls) middle school. E.g. one big breasted character is called Munemune, lit. "boobsboobs" and even one character accidentally calls her "opaipai" so they already made the joke :lol: Also the visibly wet, almost see-through clothes when the characters get sweaty. Still good fun anime, I'd say it's more comedy than sports so if you're not big on sports but do like comedies you'd still like this one.

Shuumatsu no Izetta - Fantasy, adventure. Insert a witch and fictional country into WW2 and this is what you have. Gotta say I find it really quite interesting so if you're after an anime that isn't quite like the rest then you might like this one.

Soushin Shoujo Matoi - Fantasy, adventure, action, magical girl. They call her an exorcist but she looks more like a magical girl :P Quite a stylistic anime, I like how it looks and animates. I recommend to anyone who likes this kind of anime.

Tiger Mask W - Sports. The art and animation look 20 years out of date, it doesn't really detract from the anime but there's nothing really special about it, the plot is rather clichéd and over done at this point. The wrestling itself isn't anything particularly good, also no Kinniku Buster does not make a wrestling anime :P Only recommend if you like wrestling.

Time Boken 24 - Sci-fi, kids. Quite a fun concept but it's so obviously aimed at kids it doesn't appeal to me at all.

Touken Ranbu - Hanamaru - Period action, bishounen, shoujo. Have you seen this yet? It's not pretty boys and swords but pretty boys ARE swords :lol: While it does seem quite obviously aimed at teenage girls it is quite funny and the action is rather quite good so it's worth checking out at least.

Trickster - Action, super powers. This one is pretty interesting if it does seem that it might be aimed at teenage girls a bit :P Worth checking out if you like this kind of thing.

Zutto Mae kara Suki deshita - School, comedy, romance. First episode is a double (or triple) as it's about an hour long, I've only seen 30mins so far but really liking the characters and story so far. It should really be called "clueless kids are clueless", this is why Japanese birth rate is decreasing :lol: If you like school comedy romances you'll probably like this one.
Edit: Okay the reason the first episode is so long is because it's not an episode, it's a movie. HorribleSubs threw me by numbering it :lol:
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

All Out! - Sports, comedy. Well this is interesting, a rugby anime :lol: I didn't realise they played rugby in Japan, and I thought volley ball was an odd sport for an anime :lol: Other than the fact that it's a sports anime it's pretty funny as well, and lets be honest it beats another baseball anime :P I recommend if you like sports or comedy anime or maybe if you just like rugby :P

Flip Flappers - Fantasy, adventure. This is pretty weird but in a good way as it's certainly got my interest. Recommend it if you're looking for something different.

Keijo! - Sports, comedy, ecchi. What do you get if you cross Prince of Tennis and DOAX? Probably this :lol: The sport is a more extravagant butt battle that you may have seen in DOAX, hence the ecchi as there's plenty of asses flying around. The premise in itself is what makes this show funny. Recommend it if the premise sounds amusing to you.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Drifters - Action, fantasy. You may think this is just another warring states clone after seeing the first 10 odd minutes but keep watching as something interesting happens. I might consider this the spiritual successor to Hellsing Ultimate, at least the character design and animation is very similar. Recommend if you like a good warring states anime with a twist.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

3-gatsu no Lion - Comedy, school, slice of life, ?. Just start by saying I really love the art, reminds me of Honey & Clover. The ? because there was something strange right at the start of the episode but then it turned into a typical school anime with a touch of comedy. It's really quite interesting, I don't really know where it's going. No head tilts though :P Recommend because it seems like something different and interesting.

Occultic;Nine Comedy, fantasy. Again another slightly weird anime that has managed to peak my interest. Also a girl who's breasts are way too large, like even for DOA standards :lol: Recommend for same reason as the last one.

Watashi ga Motete Dousunda School, comedy, romance, reverse-harem. Reverse-harem with a difference and that's the main character is a fat otaku turned thin and attractive who has an over-active imagination when boys interact with each other, so it's a rather amusing situation that doesn't really centre around the main character struggling to decide which boy she likes but struggling against her otaku urges whilst the boys fight over her :P Recommend for comedy fans.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Udon no Kuni no Kiniro Kemari - Slice of life, comedy, mythical? This looks like it'll be the feels anime of the season, young man comes across a homeless child but here's the catch, the child is actually a tanuki spirit (hence the mythical). Recommend if you like a good feely anime.
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Sugami wrote:Monster Hunter Stories Ride On - Fantasy, action, kids. Yeah sadly this seems to be aimed at kids so it doesn't appeal to me. Recommend if you're 12 or younger or REALLY like Monster Hunter.
Hmmm... Thanks for the heads up on this one.
I was really looking forward to a Monster Hunter anime, but not one aimed at kids, so I'll skip this one.
Nanbaka - Comedy. Think it literally translates to "number idiots" as the main characters all have numbers. It's a pretty damn funny anime set in a prison where a group of characters (with unique skills) are constantly trying to escape. Recommend if you like comedies.
The translation could actually be "Number?" or "What number?" or even "The number is?" (Nanba ka), but this is another of Japan's brilliant word plays that can be interpreted in several different ways. :)
This however seems most likely as the manga title is also know as "Nanbaka - The Numbers", another thing that brings me to this conclusion is that the title's written in katakana (ナンバカ), which is only used for foreign words.
Nan(i) and Baka are both native Japanese words so usually written in hiragana. (なんばか)
Nyanbo! - Comedy. I don't normally watch short anime but this is the little cat box people anime so you'll probably want to see it :P
Nya?
Touken Ranbu - Hanamaru - Period action, bishounen, shoujo. Have you seen this yet? It's not pretty boys and swords but pretty boys ARE swords :lol: While it does seem quite obviously aimed at teenage girls it is quite funny and the action is rather quite good so it's worth checking out at least.
Aye, I know, the game has a HUGE following in Asia (Mostly female) so I somewhat have a gist of what this game is about.
However, in the words of a friend of mine reviewing this anime, sausage fest, so likely skipping this unless my girlfriend forces me to watch this with her.
Sugami wrote:Drifters - Action, fantasy. You may think this is just another warring states clone after seeing the first 10 odd minutes but keep watching as something interesting happens. I might consider this the spiritual successor to Hellsing Ultimate, at least the character design and animation is very similar. Recommend if you like a good warring states anime with a twist.
As I said, I have been following the manga. I suggest you at least try to keep watching it, because it gets really interesting as this title features some very interesting historical figures, and not just the Japanese.
Sugami wrote:Keijo! - Sports, comedy, ecchi. What do you get if you cross Prince of Tennis and DOAX? Probably this :lol: The sport is a more extravagant butt battle that you may have seen in DOAX, hence the ecchi as there's plenty of asses flying around. The premise in itself is what makes this show funny. Recommend it if the premise sounds amusing to you.
Saw the first episode, was not disappointed, looking forward to more.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Stella no Mahou - School, comedy. Character art is very cute, it's about a club that makes video games (all girls) so might also be pretty interesting in that aspect. Recommend for comedy fans or if you're interested in video game making (in a club environment).

Think that may be all of them :P
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Bloodivores - Action, fantasy, blood. I had to watch 2 episodes to get a good idea of what this anime is like since the first episode is just a setup and the premise pretty much changes entirely in the second episode. It's like a cross between Battle Royale and Tokyo Ghoul with random monsters thrown in. The censorship is quite jarring too, with big sections of the screen blacked off. Honestly don't see anything special with this and the censorship really takes away from the show as well. Avoid.

Yuri on Ice - Sports, comedy. You may think it's another anime about bishie boys but the main character isn't bishie at all, at least not at the start. He's rather plain, bit nerdy and he's a bit of the tubby side so not a typical chiselled bish :P The ice skating is pretty good, well animated and a rather interesting choice for a sport. Seems like this is the season for uncommon sports anime :P It's also pretty funny too and the character art is really quite good. If that sounds interesting to you then I highly recommend it.

Girlish Number - Comedy. A rather cynical look at the voice acting business. Funny and interesting, recommend to fans of comedy or if you're interesting in the inner workings of voice acting.

Now I think that's everything :P
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

ClassicaLoid - Comedy, music, drugs :lol: So I'll just start out by mentioning two of the main characters you get to know at the start are called Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart and Ludwig van Beethoven. It's set in the present day and I don't know whether these characters are supposed to be THE actual musicians/composers or if they're like a reincarnation or something, I think that may be explained in later episodes. The artwork is pretty stylistic, it's pretty damn funny and the music is like classical mixed in with rock. The "drugs" are because Beethoven goes a bit nuts and not only conducts an imaginary orchestra but makes all kinds of sh*t appear :lol: The end credits shows more legendary musicians and composers so expect to see them in the series, also Johann Sebastian Bach looks to be the antagonist :lol: Highly recommend.

Long Riders - Comedy, sports. If you get your jollies over bicycles then you'll love this anime. The character design is cute, the comedy is quite funny and grounded. You might call it the K-On! of the bike anime :lol: If this sounds interesting to you then I recommend it.

Now I think that's all of them :P
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Sugami wrote:Now I think that's all of them :P
Sugami wrote:Now I think that's everything :P
Sugami wrote:Think that may be all of them :P
:?:
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Well the first two times I somehow missed some episodes, hence reviews when 2 episodes were out :lol: I haven't seen any new anime since then so looks like I'm right the last time :P
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

I see Drifters is taking liberties with some of the historic characters :lol: Since when was Joan of Arc evil? Oh she's French, nevermind :P Since when did Anastasia have anything to do with the military (or ice powers)? :lol:

All Out! is kinda annoying me now. Mainly because the rugby techniques are generally wrong. I was forced to play rugby at school for 4-5 years, I hated it but I learnt how to play it. The very basic techniques to tackling aren't observed in the anime. Generally you DON'T tackle high up around the waist, you aim for the upper legs, using their momentum to basically bring their legs together and therefore stop them from running. It's NOT about how hard you can run into your opponent. You DON'T practice tackling by running into a stationary opponent. You DON'T tackle their shins as you'll get kicked in the head if you try. Looks like it's going down the "super powered players" sports anime rather than the more accurate and tactical based sports anime.
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Sugami wrote:I see Drifters is taking liberties with some of the historic characters :lol: Since when was Joan of Arc evil? Oh she's French, nevermind :P Since when did Anastasia have anything to do with the military (or ice powers)? :lol:
Wait until you figure out who the main antagonist is. :angel:
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Shirai wrote:Wait until you figure out who the main antagonist is. :angel:
Historical figure? Not the lady that comes in with the zogu zogu zogu~ sfx or same person? :lol:

Favourite ops of the season! There's two that I really like, one should be no surprise :P

https://youtu.be/JjixQ36TnNA - Nyanbo! Tots adorbs <3

https://youtu.be/RGM0Z_Yje0g - ClassicaLoid, with a great rock remix of Mozart's "Eine Lleine Nachtmusik" or "A Little Serenade", which gets a more poppy remix in episode 2 :) Not sure I'd call myself a musician anymore, haven't picked up my guitar in a while but I did play piano back in school so this whacky anime has given me a new found appreciation for classical music :)
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Sugami wrote:Historical figure?
Ohohoho, you'll see. :rofl:
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Yup, just like Hellsing Ultimate it's the f-ing Nazis, Hitler more specifically. Should have known :lol:
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Sugami wrote:Yup, just like Hellsing Ultimate it's the f-ing Nazis, Hitler more specifically. Should have known :lol:
Him? Nah, he's just a side character. Not even alive anymore. :)
I'm pointing at The Black King specifically. (Even though the anime hasn't dropped the obvious hints yet.)
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

So his power is to turn people into Deadpool :lol:

The power of "life" essentially, I'm going to guess that he's Jesus :P

P.S. Merry Catmas :D