Winter 2016 Anime Line-up

All your anime and manga needs.
Sugami
Anime cat

Winter 2016 Anime Line-up

Post by Sugami »

It's almost here!

http://anichart.net/winter

Looking forward to Ass Class 2! 4 of the anime I'm currently watching run over into next season, going to be hard to watch the new ones :oops:
Sugami
Anime cat

Re: Winter 2016 Anime Line-up

Post by Sugami »

Bring on the animu! So far I'm actually liking most of what I'm seeing, which is going to make it hard for me to cut down :P

Active Raid - Sci-fi, mecha, action, comedy. Nice CG, good character designs, nice little bit of comedy thrown in. There's not an awful lot I can say about this other than it ticks all the boxes and does everything well that it sets out to do. If you like this kind of show you'll probably like this.

Boku Dake ga Inai Machi - Mystery, super-natural. This may be a Shirai anime, found it really quite interesting. If you're looking for a mystery anime with a hint of super-natural, something different you won't see often, then this is the anime for you.

Bubuki Buranki - Fantasy, adventure, CG. You won't notice this at first but the entire thing is CG, it's really well done with very rare moments where the CG looks clanky. The story and characters are pretty interesting too. If you like CG anime or interesting fantasy anime then you'll probably want to watch this.

Dimension W - Sci-fi, action. This one is pretty interesting too, the whole premise as well. Again give it a shot if you like this kind of stuff.

Hai to Gensou no Grimgar - Fantasy. Another one of those SAO clones, the twist to this one is that none of the characters remember their life before coming to this world, they just wake up in it. It might not be a computer game and just a random fantasy world but when they mention words like "game" and "jobs" along with every character being a specific job it really hints at it being an MMO. This one is kinda slow and not all that interesting, others have done it better so I'd avoid unless you really like this kinda thing.

Haruchika - Music, mystery, comedy. Odd mix, basically the small group of students plus teacher of the brass band club or whatever play music and solve mysteries, at least that's what it seems to be. I like it, if you like something different or something that has a bit of mystery then you might like this.

Musaigen no Phantom World - Fantasy, action, comedy, little bit of ecchi. I quite like this one, it's a good mix of fantasy, action and comedy and also presented well with good ideas and designs. Also one character rubs her boobs to power up, because reasons. It's not as pervy as you think it'd be from the description but can't deny the ecchi :P Worth a watch if you like this kind of anime.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Ao no Kanata no Four Rhythm - Sci-fi, school, comedy. It's pretty cute, honestly the only thing I can remember is that the kids have shoes with wings. It plays out a lot like a regular school anime, plus the winged shoes. Might be worth a shot if you like cute school anime, think I'll have to see if it really grabs my attention after episode 2.

Dagashi Kanshi - Comedy. This looks to be the funniest anime of the season, Gundam references FTL :P If you love comedies then you won't want to miss this one.

Divine Gate - Fantasy, adventure. Nice style, I remember it being enjoyable enough but it hasn't really jumped out at me. Seems like a rather typical ability/super-power users anime. It does seem to air Give it a try if you're into that sort of thing.

Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! - Fantasy, comedy. Another one of those shut-ins/otaku/NEET trapped in an RPG-type world. This one is pretty funny though, it's not No Game No Life funny but not too far off. If you like this kind of anime you'll probably like this.

Koukaku no Pandora - Sci-fi, comedy, action. This is basically a cute Ghost in the Shell rip-off, the full title includes the words "ghost" and "shell" and there are full body cyborgs, so yeah. It's also a bit perverted with panel locations opening up on the cyborg's body, also cat ears. It's entertaining enough but doesn't really grab my attention, plus it is kinda questionable in places. If you're into the above you might like this anime.

Luck & Logic - Fantasy, adventure. There's not an awful lot I can say about this, it doesn't really do anything wrong but doesn't do much right at the same time. It's pretty much tick the boxes, run of the mill fantasy anime. Give it a try and see if you like it if you like that sort of thing.

Norn9 - Norn & Nonet - Shoujo, fantasy, romance? It's pretty standard for this genre of anime, I was very tired and falling asleep whilst watching it but I don't feel the need to give it another shot. Only really recommend if you like girly animu.

Phantasy Star Online 2 The Animation - Game, action, school, comedy. So the thing to note here is this isn't an anime about the game's story but about a group of school kids who play the game. So is it any good? Yeah, I'd say so. Other than the action game aspect it's also funny in places and the characters seem interesting. Give it a shot see if you like it.

Saijaku Muhai no Bahamut - Sci-fi, mecha, action, comedy, ecchi, harem. So this is basically the spiritual successor to Infinite Stratos if you ever saw that, right down to the mecha design. Saying that it actually seems better, at least more interesting and less vapid. Worth a watch if you like that sort of thing.

Schwarzesmarken - Mecha, action. After an interesting anime set in the heart of Germany in the era of World War 2? Too bad! Have this rather generic and disappointing anime about people in mecha fighting aliens. You've seen it done before and probably done better. Unless you have a hard one for mecha and/or WW2-era Germany I'd advise to avoid this one.

Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu - Drama, slice of life, comedy. I find this one pretty interesting, if you like a character driven story where you generally care for all the characters then you'll probably like this one.

Phew, think that's all of them, there may be the odd late comer left.
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

For now we're still watching No Game no Life and we need a free day to binge K - Return of Kings, not to speak of the Netflix series we follow... or the ever growing pile of Anime DVDs and Blu Ray we have yet to watch. :cry:

As for this season... Welp, time to see what we'll pick up here.

This one in particular:
Sugami wrote:Schwarzesmarken - Mecha, action. After an interesting anime set in the heart of Germany in the era of World War 2? Too bad! Have this rather generic and disappointing anime about people in mecha fighting aliens. You've seen it done before and probably done better. Unless you have a hard one for mecha and/or WW2-era Germany I'd advise to avoid this one.
Muv Luv universe, expect skintight bodysuits and unrealistic boob physics with this one, I actually enjoyed Total Eclipse for a bit (Fights/action) until it did give me a grave reminder that the whole anime universe is based on dating sims/eroge (Love triangles).
Enough to make me skip this one.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Shirai wrote:Muv Luv universe, expect skintight bodysuits and unrealistic boob physics with this one, I actually enjoyed Total Eclipse for a bit (Fights/action) until it did give me a grave reminder that the whole anime universe is based on dating sims/eroge (Love triangles).
Enough to make me skip this one.
It is? That's explain why it has a similar feel then, though I don't think there's any male lead, just a bunch of girls you don't care about.

Shoujo-tachi wa Kouya wo Mezasu - School, comedy, club, slice of life. Pretty funny and interesting anime about a group of kids making a date sim, or at least I think so since the date sim aspect comes late in the first episode but we'll see where it goes. I'm hoping it gets quite in depth about making a date sim like how other anime showed you the process of making manga or anime. If you like good light hearted fun then you may like this, you may also want to watch it to see how they make a date sim.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Time to take a look back at some anime that went in a different direction than initially expected :P

Divine Gate - This one escalated quickly or I just wasn't paying attention. Seemed like your usual super powered, defeat monster thing kinda anime then out of nowhere it turns into a massive dungeon quest kinda thing, fighting against gods and what not. The ending was pretty sudden too, poor pacing. Nothing was really resolved so left open for a second season, still was quite enjoyable so don't really regret watching it.

Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu - If you thought this would be the story of the characters in the first episode you'd be wrong, it's actually the back story to the old man. Saying that it's a really good show, with plenty of highs and lows, drama that'll make you want to find out what happens next and just a good driving story with rich and interesting characters. It does look like there'll be a second season that will show the story of the "present day" characters.