Spring 2015 Anime Line-up

All your anime and manga needs.
Sugami
Anime cat

Spring 2015 Anime Line-up

Post by Sugami »

http://anichart.net/spring

It begins!

Lots of interesting "sequels" to look out for; Fate Unlimited Blade Works (Part 2), The Disappearance of Yuki Nagato, Nisekoi and most important Uta no Prince-sama Maji Love Revolutions!
Sugami
Anime cat

Re: Spring 2015 Anime Line-up

Post by Sugami »

DanMachi - Fantasy, comedy, ecchi. Full title "Dungeon ni Deai o Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka?" lit. "Is it okay to pick up girls in a dungeon?" This is some weird RPG hybrid, where anime such as SAO or Log Horizon have people being trapped in video games this just states that adventurers (forgot what they're called) have statistics (that they can improve) and it's just something that's totally a thing. It's not that funny, the ecchi is unnecessary and it's really nothing special or new. On the nope pile.

Gunslinger Stratos - Fantasy, sci-fi, action. It's interesting enough to keep my attention for a second episode at least. On the maybe pile.

Shokugeki no Souma - Cooking, ecchi, shounen. Ever wondered what a battle anime would be like with cooking? Well wonder no more! Also one word, "foodgasm". Literally people have orgasms when they eat this guy's food to the point that they symbolically lose their clothes. This might actually be a good show without the ecchi foodgasms but it really ruins it for me. On the nope pile.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Arslan Senki - Historical, fantasy, adventure. I say "historical" but it's made up places set in the past. Does nothing new, found the first episode kinda boring, guess they used it to build the world etc. but hasn't kept my attention. Also CG people in traditional drawn/animated background looked plain wrong. On the nope pile.
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Fukkatsu no F
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

DBZ? Really? :P Looks like there's an Attack on Titan compilation movie as well, where's the next series? Maybe just waiting on the manga to have enough to make another series out of.

Denpa Kyoushi - Comedy, school. Lit. Electromagnetic-Wave Teacher AKA Ultimate Otaku Teacher. Quite funny, interesting premise, seems like it's going to have a little bit of feels, which appeals to me so I'll see how it turns out. You could probably compare it to Great Teacher Onizuka only the teacher isn't an ex-thug that's only teaching to get the ladies but a genius otaku who was basically bullied into applying for the position that the school just gave him on account of him being a genius :P On the maybe pile.

Plastic Memories - Sci-fi, comedy. Interesting concept, get ready for some feels. This one interests me and it looks to be a show with heart as well. On the probably pile.

Re-Kan! - School, supernatural, comedy. If you're looking for a light hearted comedy about a high school girl who can see ghosts this is the one for new. Also cute cat that's a massive pervert :P On the probably pile.
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Sugami wrote:DBZ? Really? :P
Aye, while there are tons of anime that are much higher in quality Toriyama's clasic still holds a special place in my heart.
Apart from that, it's Frieza! Still one of the most iconic enemies from the series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoGqb3LyST0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gtpoBVk1Z8
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Good ol' Team Four Star, honestly the best thing to come out of DBZ is their abridged parody thing :P

The Disappearance of Yuki Nagato - School, comedy. So technically a sequel of sorts but it's completely different to the original. Basically think of The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya but if it was completely normal and Kyon hadn't shifted into that world and that's essentially what you've got. So is it good? Well I liked the first ep, it's pretty funny, Yuki's adorable and Asakura's still evil but not in the "going to stab you with a knife" kinda way :P I didn't think any more Haruhi would happen on account of Aya Hirano's agency cutting ties with her, guess she's found a new one. I'm a little confused as to why they're jumping to the spin off though, there's still plenty of material with more characters to introduce. Anyways, on the yes pile.

Hibiki! Euphonium - School, comedy, music. Think of K-On! but if they were in an orchestra and you're not far off. I love this art style, characters are always so adorable and cute. It's a little more feely and a little less light-hearted than K-On! but if you like musical anime with good characters you'll want to see this. On the yes pile.

Kyoukai no Rinne - Supernatural, school, comedy. Found yourself wanting more Inuyasha but with ghosts instead? Well good news, this is the anime just for you! Let's be honest, it's quite funny and mildly interesting but there's a better anime this season about a high school girl who can see ghosts. It's not bad but there are better things available. On the no pile.

Seraph the End - Supernatural, action. Can probably think of this like Attack on Titan but with vampires instead of titans. Concept is quite interesting but the preview for the next ep has me worried it'll turn into a themed school anime. On the maybe pile.

Show By Rock - Music, fantasy, comedy. Think of this as K-On! on acid :P It has cute chibi CG characters rocking out (not all the time) and is pretty entertaining so I'll stick with it unless it goes downhill :P On the yes pile.

Etotama - Fantasy, comedy. Wanted a gender swapped version of Fruits Basket with cute chibi CG battle scenes then look no further! It's quite entertaining and the CG chibi characters are cute. On the maybe pile.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Houkago no Pleiades - Fantasy, comedy. Magical girl anime where they fly witches' brooms that sound like car engines, nuff said. It has some use of CG, which is a little jarring TBH, seems to be a thing these days, companies getting lazy. Seems interesting and fun enough but it's not really pushing the envelope and with possible anime to keep up on it's not doing enough for me. On the no pile.

Kekkai Sensen - Fantasy, action, battle. Because every season needs a battle anime where the special attacks are spelled out on screen in big kanji. That aside they seem to be doing something interesting with this story, I'd imagine fans of battle manga/anime would want to see this. On the yes pile.

Punch Line - Fantasy, action, superhero, comedy. Pantsu the animation. Think of this like a perverted version of FLCL where the main character gets super human powers when he accidentally gets a peak at panties but if he sees more whilst in "hero mode" then he accidentally summons a meteor and destroys the earth. Oh yeah he's also a ghost but I don't think that's going to be a recurring theme. Anyway the panty shots actually serve a purpose to the anime so don't feel overly gratuitous, it's pretty funny and interested so I'll be sticking with this one. On the yes pile.

Triage X - Action, ecchi, BOOBS. Boobs the animation. It's like Black Cat or Weiss Kruss but with BOOBS. I couldn't be bothered watching it the whole way through for the fact that every female character has stupidly huge boobs, was too distracting. On the no pile.

We might be done for new anime this season now, phew!
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Yamada-kun and the Seven Witches - School, fantasy, comedy. This is an adaptation from quite an old manga, there's already been a live action show. Slightly different take on the body swapping as in it requires kissing to do so, which leads to awkward but rather amusing yaoi kissing with the only other male character. From what I understand it's not just body swapping but I found it pretty damn funny so I'll be sticking with it. On the yes pile.

Now I think we're done :P
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Show By Rock end credits, is that not the cutest thing? :lol:
https://youtu.be/cOsgxsMDInU
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Holy crapnuggets, looks like The Disappearance of Yuki Nagato-chan has just had a huge plot twist out of cute school rom-com and back into the weird and wonderful world of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya :shock:

Also JoJo killing off main characters left right and centre. Surviving 45+ episodes then BOOM, let's kill everyone! Can't say I'm surprised, past parts killed off main characters, part 3 just has more of them.
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Sugami wrote:Also JoJo killing off main characters left right and centre. Surviving 45+ episodes then BOOM, let's kill everyone! Can't say I'm surprised, past parts killed off main characters, part 3 just has more of them.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interes ... ram/.89574
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Joseph has taste :P Let's see Part 4, make it happen!