Post by Sugami »

http://anichart.net/winter

Here it comes!

Edit: old chart doesn't work, new link
Sugami
Anime cat

Re: Winter 2015 Anime Line-up

Post by Sugami »

So I'm way behind on my anime from last season so I'll have to be strict on new anime, only watch ones that really catch me.

Death Parade - Fantasy, supernatural. Dark, gritty, interesting and different this is a must see this season, really like this one. On the yes pile.

Assassination Classroom - Sci-fi, School, comedy. Loved it after 5 minutes, knew it's going to be a stand out anime after 10. Problem with a lot of comedies these days is they aren't that funny, this one is hilarious and like the good comedies it's more than just about the funnies. On the yes pile.

Absolute Duo - Action, Ecchi, Romance, School, Harem, Supernatural. Mildly amusing but does nothing new or interesting, you've seen this kind of anime before. Would work if needed something to watch but nothing to go out of your way to see. On the no pile.

Kantai Collection - Action, School, Sci-fi, little bit of comedy. I've seen this anime before, that one about submarines :P It's quite interesting and the whole souls of battleships kinda thing is also interesting. I'm torn whether to keep with it or not. On the maybe pile.

Koufuku Graffiti - Comedy, Seinen, Slice of Life, Cooking. It's a nice little anime but TBH it's not all that interesting, at least the first episode didn't really catch me. On the no pile.

Maria the Virgin Witch - Fantasy. Quite interesting with some adult humour that's really quite subtle as that's part of the joke :P Interesting story, not sure if it's interesting enough to keep up with. On the maybe pile.

Saekano - Romance, Slice of Life, School, Comedy. Another really quite funny anime and it also makes fun of itself, it's great! On the yes pile.

Sengoku Musou - Action, Historical, Samurai. *sigh* another one of these Oda Nobunaga anime only this one is incredibly lazy. Seems like all the character designs are poor rip offs of Sengoku Basara, artwork generally looks kinda crappy too, and it's not interesting in the slightest. Got fed up with it after 5-10mins. On the no pile.

Seiken Tsukai no World Break - Action, Fantasy. Nothing all the new or interesting with this one. Entertaining enough but only if you have free time. On the no pile.

Shinmai Maou no Keiyakusha - Action, Ecchi, Fantasy, Romance, Shounen. I've seen this anime before, it's called The Devil Is A Part Timer and it did it MUCH better and without resorting to ecchi. Watch that instead. On the no pile.

Unlimited Fafnir - Fantasy, Romance, School. Wait I've seen this anime before, it's called umm... that one with the personal mecha... sh*t... oh well, nothing new. OMG a boy can do stuff only a girl can do and joins a school specifically for this stuff making him the sole romantic target for every girl in the school. On the no pile.

Yoru no Yatterman - Action, Fantasy, Super-Hero. I like the story behind this one, interesting take on the whole super hero genre and using existing super hero lore. Basic premise is the super-villains were banished from Yatterman Kingdom to live in poverty etc., generations later this still holds true. The "heroine"'s mother becomes sick and she travels to Yatterman Kingdom for medicine but is promptly stopped and attacked on the border, meanwhile her mother dies. She declares that Lord and Lady Yatterman are not fit to be heroes and swears vengeance (flicking their foreheads). I'm not sure if the premise is enough to keep me interested though, the first episode was just world and character building so we'll see. On the maybe pile.

Yuri Kuma Arashi - Fantasy, Yuri, Romance. Literally "Lesbian Bear Storm" this is just really quite weird and bizarre. It's hard to find the bears frightening or threatening when they're drawn like small cute things but they still eat people :P I'd say give it a watch and see if it's to your taste, I'm undecided currently. On the maybe pile.

That's most of them!