Post by Shirai »

Sugami, you're slow!

Titles of my interest:
Series:
- Shingeki no Bahamut GENESIS
- Log Horizon 2
- Fate/Stay Night

Films/OVA:
- Ghost in the Shell ARISE 4 (Friend's getting that one for me in October.)
- Uuchuu Senkan Yamato 2199
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
Sugami
Anime cat

Re: Autumn 2014 Anime Lineup

Post by Sugami »

Current season hasn't finished yet :P

TV series version of Unlimited Bladeworks movie, colour me intrigued :D
Log Horizon 2, wanna see where that goes.
Psychopass 2, aww yeah.
Not one but two new Gundam series, wondering if the Build Fighters is a sequel to the last one.
Did you not see Sanzoku No Musume Ronia? Miyazaki is directing!
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Let's get this show on the road with some initial impressions :P

Terra Formars - Action, sci-fi, gore. Seen two episodes and giving up on this one, not because it's bad but because I can't watch a show where half the screen is covered by big black or white censorship boxes all the time. Wait for BD. On the no pile.

Tribe Cool Crew - Dancing, music, kids. This looks like DDR the game. Not my thing, seems to be aimed at kids. On the no pile.

Denki-gai no Honya-san - Comedy. Comedy about a comic shop, quite funny. On the maybe pile.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Cross Ange - Mecha, action, fantasy. Interesting start to the season but I get the feeling it's just to get the story moving rather than being a big part of the story. Quite dark too, moderately entertaining. On the maybe pile.

Grisaia no Kajitsu or Le Fruit de la Grisaia - Highschool, harem, ecchi, bit of mystery. H-game turned anime, has the feeling of a Key game but isn't. The only thing that's keeping me interested so far is a couple of hooks; first being that the male protagonist is some kind of secret agent and second being that each girl hides some sort of secret. On the maybe pile.

Gundam Reconguista in G - Mecha. Story by the guy that did Turn A Gundam and character designs by the guy behind Eureka 7, actually makes it look kinda dated TBH. Oh and Haro has evolved into Harobe now :P On the yes pile simply for being Gundam.

Gugure! Kokkuri-san - Comedy. Quirky comedy about an almost emotionless young girl and a fox demon. I like this anime, it's different, fresh and entertaining. On the yes pile.

Madan no Ou to Vanadis - Action, fantasy. Found it very bland, cookie-cutter and mediocre. Didn't really seem to do anything to set itself apart from the rest of the same kind of anime. Not to say it's bad but not good either. On the no pile.

Ookami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji - Shoujo, high school, comedy. Seems pretty obvious where the story is going but I found it very funny and has nice art style. On the yes pile.

Ushinawareta Mirai wo Motomete - High school, fantasy, mystery. This seemed like a very average high school anime to start with with not much going on until huge plot twist at the end of the first episode. Little spoiler, a character dies but then time gets repeated to before she died. Has me interested. On the maybe pile.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Akatsuki no Yona - Fantasy, action. Takes a while to get going, does nothing to really captivate me above the rest of the same genre. On the no pile.

Donten ni Warau - Fantasy, action, bit of comedy. Ditto above. On the no pile.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Garo - The Animation - Fantasy, action, adventure. I found this one pretty interesting so far and some good CG for the armour and monsters. On the yes pile.

Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai - High school, comedy, mystery. At first glance seems like your average high school anime but the main character seems to "see the future" and there's also some mysterious character behind the scenes (my money is on the cat). On the probably pile.

Inou Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de - High school, comedy, fantasy? So I'm not sure as yet whether these kids are seeing things in their imagination or it's actually happening. Leaning towards the latter. 8th Grade Syndrome seems to be quite popular of late though I'd say the male protagonist isn't that far into it, it seems like this group of kids actually got super powers but it could just be they all started sharing the same delusions out of nowhere. It's also pretty funny. On the probably pile.

Kaitou Joker - Kids, adventure. It's just too kiddie for my tastes. On the no pile.

Parasyte - the Maxim - Sci-fi? Action, thriller? Kinda hard to describe this one but I like it :P Plot premise is alien parasites eat the brain of someone and take them over, our protagonist luckily avoided getting his brain eaten but got his right hand eaten and taken over instead. You remember that movie "The Faculty", seems a little like that :P On the yes pile. Also might be one for Shirai :P

Shingeki no Bahamut - Genesis - Fantasy, action, adventure. I like this one, find it interesting and I like the art style. Only anime where male characters have lips of a different colour to their skin :P On the yes pile.

Sora no Method - ? Seems like a slice of life with a bit of fantasy/sci-fi element thrown in. It's mildly interesting and will probably try to attack your feels later on but not really grabbing my attention. On the no pile simply because have too much to watch.

Trinity Seven - High school, fantasy, comedy. Big reveal half way through the episode stops it from being a generic high school anime, mildly interesting and entertaining at this point. On the maybe pile.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Shirobako - Slice of life, comedy. There's been a few manga/anime about mangaka but this is the first one I've seen about animators/animation studio. I find it interesting to see what goes on in an animation studio and it's quite entertaining too. On the yes pile.

World Trigger - Shounen, action. Seems like your generic shounen battle anime to me only fighting monsters rather than villains. Character design is dull and uninspiring as is the rest of the show really. On the no pile.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Girl Friend Beta - High school, slice of life. This is just really dull and boring. It's like Sakura Kiss if NOTHING EVER HAPPENED! On the no pile.

Ore Twintail ni Narimasu - High school, action, comedy. Just really really stupid, might be worth a watch if had nothing better to do. Basically it's a cross between Power Rangers and Kampfer if the whole plot was saving twintails from being wiped out (the hair style not the people wearing it).

Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso - High school slice of life, comedy. I like this one, find the art work and character designs really quite beautiful. Seems like just one of those nice stories that'll make you feel all warm and fuzzy and give you a giggle as well. On the yes pile.
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Sugami wrote:Let's get this show on the road with some initial impressions :P

Terra Formars - Action, sci-fi, gore. Seen two episodes and giving up on this one, not because it's bad but because I can't watch a show where half the screen is covered by big black or white censorship boxes all the time. Wait for BD. On the no pile.
Yeah, I saw the riots about that on Crunchyroll and got curious myself.
Yep! The censorship in this one is nothing short of extreme and completely ruins the series.
example.
Sugami wrote:Parasyte - the Maxim - Sci-fi? Action, thriller? Kinda hard to describe this one but I like it :P Plot premise is alien parasites eat the brain of someone and take them over, our protagonist luckily avoided getting his brain eaten but got his right hand eaten and taken over instead. You remember that movie "The Faculty", seems a little like that :P On the yes pile. Also might be one for Shirai :P
Thanks, I'll take a look later.
[edit]
Just watched Ep 1 + 2, maybe pile until I see where it's going.
One thing about this one, WubWubWubWub, weeeeee, wubwubwubwub.
Shingeki no Bahamut - Genesis - Fantasy, action, adventure. I like this one, find it interesting and I like the art style. Only anime where male characters have lips of a different colour to their skin :P On the yes pile.
Was already interested!
(Bottom left Artbook is from Shingeki no Bahamut, scored that in Japan last summer.)
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

:lol: there's some funny censorship shoops there.

Seems like people are pretty hype about the dubstep on Parasyte :lol:

Oh cool, think there's currently 3 episodes of Bahamut but I've only got round to seeing one. Way behind on my watching due to Borderlands 1.5 :P

Yuki Yuna wa Yusha de Aru - High school, comedy, fantasy. Possibly the last one to review, starts off as a very ordinary high school anime then there's a sudden shift in tone and setting and suddenly we're in a kind of magic girl anime :lol: Characters are cute and the story has me interested. I say "magic girl" only due to the transformation sequences but it's a bit darker than your average magic girl series :P
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Sugami wrote:Seems like people are pretty hype about the dubstep on Parasyte :lol:
Yeah, it's definitely there and present, although the second season of JoJo's Bizarre adventure also had some of that.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

It did? :oops: JoJo's always had awesome music, such recognizable opening themes and the classic songs for closing ones. Speaking of, where the hell is the rest of the series? It just ended when it had built up to the final conflict it seemed :(
Part 1 and 2 took up 26 episodes, part 3 alone is already 24 episodes and guessing will get another 12-13 at least. I hope they don't stop there, interested see the rest of them :D
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

The next JoJo will start in January.
According to my buddy who has read the manga too, there are a few more stand users to deal with.

As for the dubstep in JoJo, it's mostly present in the fights between Joseph and Kars and Wamuu.
(Yes, the enemy names were based on names of 80's bands, Kars of "The Cars", and Wamuu for "Wham", there was also Esidisi (Do I need to explain that one?) and Santana (Santviento in the anime).)

That said, I've seen the guy who sang the first OP (Tommy) at A-Nation in Yoyogi Dome last year. (Had a Back stage pass, yes, I know some people o.O)
What a figure that guy is, sang one song during the whole thing which also hosted artists as May'n, Kotoko, and Mami Kawada and he walked around like he owned the place.
Failed to impress the foreigners though. :3

[edit]
Shirai wrote:- Ghost in the Shell ARISE 4 (Friend's getting that one for me in October.)
Yaaaaay~