Adam West as Batman

For all your favorite TV show discussions.
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Adam West as Batman

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Ya I found a season 1 DVD boxset at Big Lots and bought it on a whim. I forgot how much I loved this silly show :lol:
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Very silly show.

Quite true to the camp Batman of the comics of that period. They were silly too. I prefer today's dark Batman.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Tsybil wrote:Very silly show.

Quite true to the camp Batman of the comics of that period. They were silly too. I prefer today's dark Batman.
It's funny, I like dark serious batman, but as a kid, I grew up watching re-runs of the original on Nick at Nite. I love his anti-everything bat sprays.
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

As a kid I watched the CCA gut any trace of plotting in comics without any understanding of what was happening.

From the ashes of the congressional investigations arose the camp Batman of my youth, and its descendant, the Adam West Batman. I loved the old batman and all of the silly giant props (personal favorite, a giant typewriter) but find the dark Batman a much more interesting character.

Were it not for Andy Warhol and the pop art movement, I believe that West's Batman, and many other camp shows of the era, would never have seen the light of the cathode ray tube.

And a happy POW! BAM!! to you.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Tsybil wrote:As a kid I watched the CCA gut any trace of plotting in comics without any understanding of what was happening.

From the ashes of the congressional investigations arose the camp Batman of my youth, and its descendant, the Adam West Batman. I loved the old batman and all of the silly giant props (personal favorite, a giant typewriter) but find the dark Batman a much more interesting character.

Were it not for Andy Warhol and the pop art movement, I believe that West's Batman, and many other camp shows of the era, would never have seen the light of the cathode ray tube.

And a happy POW! BAM!! to you.
Kersplat~ :D