nVidia GTX 460 Crash with games round II

Anything that doesn't specificly goes into one console goes here.
Multi-platform games, regular programs, operating systems, anything.
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

nVidia GTX 460 Crash with games round II

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Here. We. Go. Again. Both cards are dying. I know they are, no matter what driver their on, they crash the display driver and won't let me access any games. nVidia has me under warrenty but is trying to claim that I did something to them to make them stop working so they voided my warrenty. How is installing them as per the instructions they provide voiding the warrenty. So now what --;
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Re: nVidia GTX 460 Crash with games round II

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Its a catch 22 X2.

Catch 22 #1. Only a hot rodder would buy 2 of those things. Hot rodders mod. Mods break warranties. You bought two of them, therefore you broke your warranty. Ipso facto in legalese. Latin is the language of the Catholic Church and weasels.

Catch 22 #2. The cards cost less than the cost of hiring wease... ummm... lawyers.

Got a consumer protection agency in IL? Because you need one to help you out. If you did, does it have a budget this year?
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Re: nVidia GTX 460 Crash with games round II

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Alya Mizar (Tsybil) wrote:Its a catch 22 X2.

Catch 22 #1. Only a hot rodder would buy 2 of those things. Hot rodders mod. Mods break warranties. You bought two of them, therefore you broke your warranty. Ipso facto in legalese. Latin is the language of the Catholic Church and weasels.

Catch 22 #2. The cards cost less than the cost of hiring wease... ummm... lawyers.

Got a consumer protection agency in IL? Because you need one to help you out. If you did, does it have a budget this year?
my cards are SLI Supported, They have a bridge from EVGA for connecting them out of the factory o.O;

Decided to give the 460 one last chance with a new set of cards. These are supposedly manufactured after the "Faulty GPU" dates.
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |