WAKFU

Anything that doesn't specificly goes into one console goes here.
Multi-platform games, regular programs, operating systems, anything.
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

WAKFU

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

So, yeah.... I like got this letter from Squenix a while back about a turn based MMORPG that looked PS era. Would I like to be in the beta? I said sure.

I got in. :shock:
- Select from one of three currently available classes.
- Explore three zones: including the starting area of Incarnam, and the nations of Bonta and Amakna.
- Experience the first elements of the political system and ecosystem.
- Enjoy an innovative tactical MMO experience.
Innovative. To someone who never played platform RPGs oh my yes.

Tactical. Yup, more tactics than I have to use soloing in FFXI. Haven't found near as much strategy yet though.

Don't know if people who didn't preapply can get in, but here's the website for anyone interested:

Go WAKFU

Based on a French anime it seems.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Re: WAKFU

A surprisingly deep game compared to its graphics. Which are like PS era.

Biggest differences from other MMOs:

Ecosystem. The majority of stuff does not respawn. If you gather you must replant. If you kill mobs, they must be replenished. Stuff can go extinct. Only mining and fishing are excluded from this.

Economy. At the base of most game's economy are quests and mob drops of money. In WAKFU the base is ores extracted by miners and minted into money by money minting machines. There is no other way money gets into the system. (Needless to say I am looking HARD for whoever trains you in mining.)

Otherwise fairly standard in structure. One class / character, but all professions open to any character. PvP after some level which I haven't reached yet. So far only 3 classes, archer, healer, warrior. 11 more promised, and some sound interesting if weird. Like 5 or 6 different warriors including Berserkers, Go-getting Warriors, Sherpa Warriors, Warrior Gamblers, Warrior Gamblers, (all from the official description) and several other melee classes.

It is like .hack in being a multi media, multi platform experience. So far the French Anime, a single player game (released yet? not sure), comics and/or magazines, the forthcoming MMORPG, IDK what all else.

I don't remember any NDA but all this stuff is on their website. http://www.wakfu.com/na/mmorpg
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
MikaMeow
<Insert Title here>

Post by MikaMeow »

Sounds a lil interesting. I think I'll check out the anime for it.
The most wasted day of all is one in which we have not laughed.
Image Image
MikaMeow
<Insert Title here>

Post by MikaMeow »

I'm enjoying the anime. Up to episode 12 right now.
Reminds me a lil bit of Avatar the last airbender, and definately seems setup to sell a game of some sort. All the characters fit pretty easily into a class of some sort, archer, sword, spear, plant magic, portals, etc.. And some if it kinda feels like your occationally watching game cut scenes.
Image Image
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

That's to set up the multi media, multi platform thing.

I believe every last character type in the anime is to be in the game. Currently we have three classes.

Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

I got an extra beta key from them. :shock:

Anyone want to try it? Surprisingly deep in places but the graphic quality is PS - Super Nintendo - Nintendo 64 somewhere.

MikaMeow
<Insert Title here>

Post by MikaMeow »

Finally got around to finishing this anime series about 10 min ago. It was pretty good, still kinda reminds me of a french Avatar like adventure series. Last 2 episodes were pretty dang epic.
Image Image
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Not having checked into this game since the FFs went live again (hmm... coincidence?) I thought I would see what's been happening.

0.303 is live. Full server wipe and restart. Three new zones, two new character classes, and a further implemented political system.

One of the new classes is a cat race, the Ecaflips. YAY!! Catgirls, now we are getting serious. :lol: A gambling class, even the gambling spells they get are somewhat randomized.

And I don't know how they do it, but for almost ever race in the game so far, the girls are cute and the guys look like dorks. The Ecaflips are no exception.

One of their first non gambling spells is "Rough Tongue". You actually LICK the mob!!! Yuck.....

xaresity
Queen Cat

Post by xaresity »