Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Dualities

Everything Nintendo!!
Sugami
Anime cat

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Dualities

Post by Sugami »

It's officially out in North America and Europe now, if you own a 3DS then you will want this game.

It's only out to buy on the game market or whatever it's called, £20 is pretty cheap for a new game so I'm not complaining. If you're unsure you want it you can download the demo.

Just got through chapter 1, which was pretty intense for an introduction chapter. Introduces you to the new assistant, Athena Cykes (voiced by the lovely Wendee Lee), who has the new mechanic in the game being that you can "hear the heart" i.e. detect what they're feeling about certain parts of their testimony. Also brings back both Phoenix Wright (who you'll be playing as in this chapter) and Apollo Justice so you're aware of the whole gang.

The new 3D graphics look great and give an almost perfect feel of the classic 2D sprites. Also fully animated anime sequences with voice acting, not a lot of them but they're nice when they're there.

The bad news: it's a different voice for Phoenix Wright and although he's better than in UMvC3 it still doesn't match up to classic Phoenix, as for Apollo I'm not sure yet if it's classic or new as I haven't got to a courtroom case with him yet.
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Re: Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Dualities

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Of course you are not complaning. Aren't you a big Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney fan?

I vaguely remember posts from years past....
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Sugami
Anime cat

Re: Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Dualities

Post by Sugami »

Of course, I bought the game ASAP :P

I'm pretty sure it's a new Apollo voice as well but they could have just rerecorded him, either way he only had one game so not so attached. My only real gripe is that Phoenix and Apollo sound too similar, not really confusing but it's a bit off when there's a scene with them talking to each other :P

Also I love Athena's design :D She's kinda half way between Maya/Trucy and Mia, she's 18 and just passed the bar so she's a good mix of cute and attractiveness plus she has a good range of expressions complete with her own, "OBJECTION!" and "HOLD IT!" :D