Loz: Skyward Sword

Everything Nintendo!!
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Loz: Skyward Sword

Post by Tivia »

Ok let me preface this with "I am a huge LOZ Fan". It is equal to FF for me in nearly every respect. I have only ever hated 1 LoZ and that was Windwaker because it was just fucking terrible. It was to me the FFX-2 of the LoZ series.

My impressions of Skyward sword? Windwaker redux. This feeling was further reinforced by the speaker making reference to it and that God awful looking bird race. FFS, we finally got a good direction going again with LoZ with twilight princess and they come back with this bullshit?

UGH..I have nothing positive to say about it thus far. Everything looks silly over the top mii'ish. All the art released leading up to this of a darker grittier link was evidently a flat out lie.
Image This..is NOTHING like

Image This..WTF I mean seriously WHAT THE f***.. Not to mention if you go look at the video from e3 2010, It doesn't even look like the same game..

/Angry Kitty Rage
Fiye
Captain Fiye

Re: Loz: Skyward Sword

Post by Fiye »

From what I saw game play wise, it won't be a rendition of wind waker. The boss fight that had as an example looked rather fun. Especially since they make use of the motion plus.

On the other hand, maybe I'll actually bother to finish Ocarina of Time on the 3DS when I get my hands on it. Aside from the NES version, its the zelda game with the least amount of progress I've made in it. And I've only finished A Link to the Past and Twilight Princess.
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Re: Loz: Skyward Sword

Post by Tivia »

Actually the boss fight was one of my biggest beefs. Outside the cartoonish art style (see windwaker), they fight mechanics are just plain dumb. It boiled down to nothing more then beat on the boss pointlessly until the time decides to offer you an opening. It isn't an improvement in AI, actually it is worse. There is no AI at all to that. Just auto block everything for x period of time and then inexplicably "drop the auto block". That is coupled with that shitty motion system making it all the worse because you are wearing your arm out. While that won't be an issue for me as my motion controllers are collecting dust (wavebird), it is still stupid design. There is utterly zero point to motion mechanics if I can't use that motion to break the enemies defenses at any given moment if I read its stance correctly.