Everything Nintendo!!
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Real 3D!!!

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

And from Nintendo!!

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2010 ... veiled.ars

And by real 3D I mean no glasses.

As someone who grew up in the first 3D age, with comics, magazines, and movies all requiring 3D glasses, I cannot say how disappointed I was that the "brand new 21st century" 3D was recycled 60 year old technology.

Pity they didn't recycle the '50s era glasses too....

Dang, Nintendo might get me to buy a platform yet. :lol:
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

I'll see your 3D and counter you with 2 words:

360 KINECT :D
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

/jaded mode on

Kinect/natal is fail

Move is fail

3d needs to just go away already...again..preferably staying away forever.

Oh hey, MS and Sony created what nintendo did 4 years ago that no one cares about anymore because it was fun for 3 months..then you realized that a regular controller worked better. Oh well, at least the move games weren't a completely obvious ripoff of the Wii games unlike natal.

/jaded mode off

Lamest e3 in many years...

I will give the 3ds a fair chance, simply because it doesn't require the stupid glasses that give me migraines. However since it isn't real 3d and still effectively relies on tricking your eyes into seeing something that isn't really there, I suspect it will do the same thing. I dunno, I guess I am odd in that I can watch tv and see depth just fine. Adding additional depth does nothing for my viewing experience.
IwasSanyumi
Kitten

Re: Real 3D!!!

Post by IwasSanyumi »

Alya Mizar (Tsybil) wrote:And from Nintendo!!

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2010 ... veiled.ars

And by real 3D I mean no glasses.

As someone who grew up in the first 3D age, with comics, magazines, and movies all requiring 3D glasses, I cannot say how disappointed I was that the "brand new 21st century" 3D was recycled 60 year old technology.

Pity they didn't recycle the '50s era glasses too....

Dang, Nintendo might get me to buy a platform yet. :lol:

I too am excited about the 3ds, but I'm not interested in playing games I've already played many a time, so Ill be waiting for a good solid library of new titles.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

The day they bring out an Ace Attorney title for the 3DS is the day I buy one :P
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

The whole 3d stuff isn't making me hot or cold either.
As I said earlier somewhere else:
Wake me up when holodeck technology becomes available.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Hey Tsybil.... nVidia 3D Goggle System for SLI Supported video cards. I bought it and It really does make FFXIV Work in full 3D. It's like iMax on my pc. MSTS Comes Alive, Fallout 3, my movies.... nVidia changed how 3d works, not nintendo. :D
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

.... nVidia 3D Goggle System ....
Even if they are phased blink 3D rather than colored cellophane or polarized, wearing something to get the effect is not cool. Mind you the view may well be quite cool.

Fashion glasses in those cellophane colors could be extremely cool but only if you don't wear them into a theater. 8)

Lazers painting straight to my retina... now that would be cool big time.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Alya Mizar (Tsybil) wrote:
.... nVidia 3D Goggle System ....
Even if they are phased blink 3D rather than colored cellophane or polarized, wearing something to get the effect is not cool. Mind you the view may well be quite cool.

Fashion glasses in those cellophane colors could be extremely cool but only if you don't wear them into a theater. 8)

Lazers painting straight to my retina... now that would be cool big time.

It's cool if you wear the goggles with the Power Glove! Get your Geek On :D
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

OK, goggles and power glove does sound cooler.

Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Hey Tsybil The SPecs:

High Tech Design
Custom engineered, active LCD shutter glasses with built-in electronics were designed to pair with 3D Vision-Ready 120Hz LCD displays.

Unmatched Comfort and Style
Wireless 3D glasses, designed after modern sunglasses, are comfortable, lightweight, and fully adjustable.

I can vouch for the comfort and style, their like a pair of sunglasses. It's pricey, but on the right computer like mine it's awesome. By the way. You have to have a monitor that's designed to support it. That's why I left my NEC Monitor for an Acer that was built for it.