PSN getting destroyed in 3....2.....1.....

For all your playstation needs.
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

PSN getting destroyed in 3....2.....1.....

Post by Tivia »

http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=21939

Evidently Sony DID NOT LEARN A GOD DAMN FUCKING THING.

At this point I expect to have 2 $600 bricks by the end of the month. :shock:
Fiye
Captain Fiye

Re: PSN getting destroyed in 3....2.....1.....

Post by Fiye »

*shrug*

Really, I find both sides to be at fault. The cracking of the PSP lead to the subsequent necessity of Sony having rather secure machines. Initially, for the PSP 1000 series, there were no security measures. Software updates made it harder, but it wasn't until Sony came out with the 3000 series and introduced a new type of motherboard for the PSP that it became much harder to hack. I'm really not even sure that the PSP go is reliably hackable. Then again, I haven't checked the PSP hacking scene since I hacked it, and briefly to install prometheus to play the english version of Persona 3 Portable.

I've never used OtherOS, and I haven't touched Linux in my life, so I don't understand the butthurt of the PS3's loss of OtherOS.

If people are really desiring more open platforms though, why do they continue to support companies that do this? Microsoft, Nintendo, Sony, and Apple are all at fault for this.

Closed systems, that you cannot install custom made applications or executables. I enjoy my PC very much for this, since there wouldn't be ways for smallers groups to start up and become a great buisness, or for people with asinine amounts of time to develop games like Cavestory, for free.

Just ignore lulsec. Honestly, their using Denial-Of-Service attacks, which while the lowest form of hacking, means they have access to a good number of computers. I wouldn't be surprised if their website gave you a trojan.

*Rambles*
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

The other OS thing really boils down to principle of the matter. Fact is sony sold the original PS3 and Advertised the other os as a "Feature", then took it away. I believe the phrase is bait and switch and in almost any situation is illegal. I have all the original books for it where Sony talked extensively about other OS and the freedom to install linux. Sony also encouraged the community to find creative ways to use this feature of the PS3. So naturally a section of the community felt more then a little ripped off when they yanked the feature out. Also the "claim" of security was complete bs as there had at that time been no discovered way to pirates games using that feature. The only thing that had been done was to figure out how to rip blu-ray's to the hdd which is neither illegal nor was it even beneficial other then "look what I can do".
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Fiye wrote:*shrug*

Really, I find both sides to be at fault. The cracking of the PSP lead to the subsequent necessity of Sony having rather secure machines. Initially, for the PSP 1000 series, there were no security measures. Software updates made it harder, but it wasn't until Sony came out with the 3000 series and introduced a new type of motherboard for the PSP that it became much harder to hack. I'm really not even sure that the PSP go is reliably hackable. Then again, I haven't checked the PSP hacking scene since I hacked it, and briefly to install prometheus to play the english version of Persona 3 Portable.

I've never used OtherOS, and I haven't touched Linux in my life, so I don't understand the butthurt of the PS3's loss of OtherOS.

If people are really desiring more open platforms though, why do they continue to support companies that do this? Microsoft, Nintendo, Sony, and Apple are all at fault for this.

Closed systems, that you cannot install custom made applications or executables. I enjoy my PC very much for this, since there wouldn't be ways for smallers groups to start up and become a great buisness, or for people with asinine amounts of time to develop games like Cavestory, for free.

Just ignore lulsec. Honestly, their using Denial-Of-Service attacks, which while the lowest form of hacking, means they have access to a good number of computers. I wouldn't be surprised if their website gave you a trojan.

*Rambles*

LULZSEC HACKED PBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PUBLIC BROADCASTING STATION! What? Did they want free totebags? Did Elmo Owe someone money? :roll:
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |