The Last Of The Big PS2 V9s

For all your playstation needs.
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

The Last Of The Big PS2 V9s

Post by Karou Ariyen »

So a while ago, my V3 (NA) PS2 had to be replaced. After a long hard battle, and many victories in FFXI and many other games, she passed on. 2 years ago I bought a used PS2, the thick one for my FFXI/HDD. I didn't bother to check what version it was. Nor did I realize that when I bought my DMS 4.0 Mod Chip that it was for Version 5-9. Well today, my garden railroad club was doing some Japan charity work at a charity event and we provided the entertainment. I took my PS2, it's monitor, and some headphones to kill time with. I decided I'd watch a movie and I accidently sat down on my PS2 remote. Now I didn't bring my reciever for it for some reason, but all of a sudden, my PS2 skipped ahead a few chapters. I was dumbfounded. Yes I have the Saitek Without Wires (Corded controller into a wireless receiver) but it wasn't the controller. So I immediately went online to check this out. Apparently I owned a Version 9 PS2 and it had a built in DVD Receiver between the Power and Disc Eject buttons. Oh Glorious Day! I can throw out my DVD Receiver plug now! Not that I actually use it that much, but It's nice to know I can launch a DVD without having to plug in my controller or turn on my WoW Receiver for the controller.

Never know the things you have until you accidently sit on it. Heh. Btw for anyone asking, I have a 7" LCD Intec Mobile Monitor. It isn't the best, but It works for most games.
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: The Last Of The Big PS2 V9s

Post by xaresity »