FFXIII Trailer

For all your playstation needs.
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

FFXIII Trailer

Post by Tivia »

If you have a PS3 and have not downloaded the recent FFXIII trailer from the PS store, go do it now.

This is an exclusive trailer to the PSN and is not available on Xbox live.
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Help me tell SE that it doesn't belong on 360!!! Ya I've seen it. I have access to my hubby's PSNetwork account. Do not, however ask me to give it out because he'll just say no.
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

KarouKaniyashia wrote:Help me tell SE that it doesn't belong on 360!!! Ya I've seen it. I have access to my hubby's PSNetwork account. Do not, however ask me to give it out because he'll just say no.
While I tend to agree with you, at this point it is a lost cause. I am just grateful that FFXIV is PS3 exclusive. However from what I am seeing, if the videos are an indicator with the ingame scenes, the graphics on the PS3 version are significantly better then the 360. I suppose that is some consolation to them making us wait longer so they could port it to the 360.
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Heck Ka-chan,

I'll just get it with my own PSN. :)
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Tivia wrote:
KarouKaniyashia wrote:Help me tell SE that it doesn't belong on 360!!! Ya I've seen it. I have access to my hubby's PSNetwork account. Do not, however ask me to give it out because he'll just say no.
While I tend to agree with you, at this point it is a lost cause. I am just grateful that FFXIV is PS3 exclusive. However from what I am seeing, if the videos are an indicator with the ingame scenes, the graphics on the PS3 version are significantly better then the 360. I suppose that is some consolation to them making us wait longer so they could port it to the 360.
This is where I think SE Screwed up. I can't do 14. No working PC and I refuse to swap to the PS3 for it. 14 should be on the 360, not 13. It boggles my mind really. Well SE just lost me to The Old Republic.

EDIT: My Gaming rig is offline. Upgrades needed to work properly with Intel i7
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

KarouKaniyashia wrote:
Tivia wrote:
This is where I think SE Screwed up. I can't do 14. No working PC and I refuse to swap to the PS3 for it. 14 should be on the 360, not 13. It boggles my mind really. Well SE just lost me to The Old Republic.

EDIT: My Gaming rig is offline. Upgrades needed to work properly with Intel i7
They did it because of hardware capability. They did not want to fall into as big of a trap with hardware limitations with FFXIV as they did with XI and the PS2. Of the two systems, the PS3 hardware wise is far longer lasting then the 360 will be.

That said, I prefer to PC game first and due to finances I may actually be forced to play XIV on the Ps3 this go around as I question my PC's ability to handle it.

Either way though, Super busy gaming on my PS3 for once. Assassin's creed II is still giving me a huge amount of entertainment. White Knight in a week..holy crap a week already? Geez I need to seriously get on the ball and finish all the sidequests in AC2. Then 4 weeks after that FFXIII. Next 4 months of my gaming time are easily booked solid. :mrgreen:
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Yet despite that fact many SE Developers have complained at the overcomplexity of the PlayStation 3's development systems. Sony doesn't have a lot of games because it's too complicated to program on that system. The problem is, the PS3 hardware won't hold up for 14. Halfway through it's 2nd or 3rd year, problems will begin to arise. PC Can upgrade at any point, but the PS3's hardware capabilities, sans the hard drive, are deadlocked. Like the PS2 before it, it will eventually crap out.
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

KarouKaniyashia wrote:Yet despite that fact many SE Developers have complained at the overcomplexity of the PlayStation 3's development systems. Sony doesn't have a lot of games because it's too complicated to program on that system. The problem is, the PS3 hardware won't hold up for 14. Halfway through it's 2nd or 3rd year, problems will begin to arise. PC Can upgrade at any point, but the PS3's hardware capabilities, sans the hard drive, are deadlocked. Like the PS2 before it, it will eventually crap out.
Yep it will eventually become a limiting factor as well. However of the choices available, it made perfect sense for SE not to limit themselves further then they had too.

Btw have you looked at the PS3's library lately? It no longer lacks for games despite the coding issues.
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

Just a little reminder

FFXIII in 10 days! :mrgreen:
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

A few things I forgot to mention.

While I don't usually buy strategy guides, it appears this one is worth it. It is available pre order only, 1 print run. So if you miss it, you miss it for good. It is hard bound, and printed on 100 weight paper. This is what we are getting instead of a collectors edition. If you purchase it with FFXIII and have an EB Edge card, it only costs $26. From the looks of it, The included artwork alone is worth that.

On that note, I took a handful of games I had up there last night since they were running their 50% additional trade in. I ended up getting $128 in trade in, when I only expected around $60. So I ended up paying FFXIII and the guide entirely, and most of GoW III. Woo for that!

Also the new DSI XL releases march 28th for those interested in that. Trade in a DS Lite, get it for $129, a DSI get it for $99. Or buy it outright for $189.
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

So I am about 25 hours in so far, and all I can say is WOW. While I have some minor complaints, overall the game is just blowing me away. The combat system is utterly fantastic, it is everything FFXII tried to be and failed miserably at. The sphere grid is back, except 100x better. The story is actually really damn well done, it is complex. I suspect most of the complaints about it are coming from people not bright enough to follow more then train of thought at a time.

Complaints:
I had to wait 3 more months so they could release it for the suckbox.
Not fond of the alter forms of the Eidolons.
As a long time FF player, the constantly changing party outside of my control is a bit much to take. It isn't a bad thing per se..but I can't say I like it either.

Like I said..trivial overall.