Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

"PS3 Slim for $300 in K-Mart, Sears Ads?"

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

From PC world:

http://www.pcworld.com/article/170368/p ... _ads.html/

Byline: Matt Peckham

PS3 Slim for $300 in K-Mart, Sears Ads?

Here comes Sony Claus, right down Sears and K-Mart lanes with a couple of ads confirming the long rumored PS3 Slim and for just $300. Photoshop tricks? Not this time. The folks at Engadget have links to the ads in questions, and given the legit hostnames, they're almost surely the real deal.

The K-Mart ad reads "The Rumors Are Reality, New Low Price & A New Exciting PlayStation 3." An item shot lists "Sony PS3, Slim Presell 2, Sold by Kmart, item #018W014436760001, Mfr. Model #PS3" for $299.99. In the kit? According to Engadget: Blu-ray, a 120GB hard drive, a DualShock 3 gamepad, and HDMI support. Release date? August 24, 2009, or next Monday, the first day of the week following Gamescom 2009.

Have a look for yourself: The Sears link

I'd call the Slim's existence, $300 price point, and long rumored reveal at tonight's Sony GDC Europe 2009 conference a virtual slam dunk, wouldn't you?

Question is, does a $100 markdown on a cuter iteration of the PS3 get you off the fence (in droves) or not?
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

God it looks terrible..

About time they listened on the price point..but until the game devs start delivering..it really doesn't matter. The major sales driver for the PS3 was the blu-ray AV capability...now that it looks like a game system (see crap), it loses that appeal as well.
Myri
Kitten

Post by Myri »

Not a chance. I love consoles and all, but $300 is enough to plug a shiny new part into my computer. Possibly several depending what I'm getting. :D Price needs to be much lower and a greater selection of games before I'd ever consider getting it.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/2936/sig2ui9.jpg[/img][/url]
Sig by me [img]http://www.limitbreakradio.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

You know what? When I see a real one in the stores, I'll believe it.
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

KarouKaniyashia wrote:You know what? When I see a real one in the stores, I'll believe it.
According to the pamflets in Yodobashi Camera and several other gamestores in Akihabara and Den-den Town the japanese releasedate for the machine is september 3.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

On that note, I have one more reason now to hate the PSP Slim and Sony. My boss who is also a lifelong friend knew how crappy of a year I had been having. On top of my usual bonus this year, he surprised me with a shiny new Samsung HDTV LCD, which was a huge upgrade over my old sharp LCD. So I finally have the ability to connect my PS3 via hdmi vs component. The TV also have a nice feature called HDMI-CEC or in otherwords a way for the TV to control all compatible devices connected to it through its remote. This is just a fanfreaking tastic feature given the problems with the PS3 and universal remotes due to bluetooth.

The problem however is this...I have an Original 60gb and 80gb PS3. However for whatever reason sony has decided NOT to support hdmi-cec in the non slim versions. They already admitted it was not a hardware limitation, just that they did not want to make the firmware changes to the original. This utterly and completely pisses me off to say the least. It is complete and total bs that people buying the new cheapass version of the PS3 get support for functions that I cannot. I wrote a fairly scathing comment about it on the PS forums, not that I expected anything from it.

Just an irritation really. No chance of me buying a slim as I hate the way it looks. Though it has crossed my mind to rip the guts out of a slim and toss them into mine should one die.
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

I've seen it. I hate it. I like the original better.
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |