Yet another reason to not buy the Xbox One

Well as it sais, all Xbox related stuff goes here.
Asphe
Feral Cat

Re: Yet another reason to not buy the Xbox One

Post by Asphe »

Most states, it's legal for kids to have CCs, i.e. it's a 'child card' of the parent's account.
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Its like this Su.

Pay $500 that you shouldn't have been charged or hire a lawyer to fight it for $5,000.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Krissy
Tomcat

Post by Krissy »

Why would you need a lawyer? Show up, bring the kid. Say to the judge, "I had no knowledge that a CC was issued to my child" point to child, "who is under age, until I received threatening messages to pay these bills. As the card should never have been issued, I do not feel that my child, " point to child, "should be held responsible for these charges. And as the card is not in my name, neither should I."

any sane and lawful judge would dismiss the case right there. really, all you have to do is show up and you'll win.
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Krissy, have you ever been to court? Even for a traffic ticket?

Almost every judge used to be a lawyer. Hire a member of the club or suffer a -3 penalty. This is NOT hyperbole.

On top of that the vast majority of our countrymen just fold when threatened with a lawyer. As in poker language "I see your perfectly reasonable argument and raise you a lawyer."

Personally I come from an extended family just FULL of Jewish lawyers. (None of them are licensed in WA darnit.) I know way more about law than is healthy for anyone who hasn't passed the bar. It has bitten me HARD. As in "Oh, you know the rules but didn't pay a member of the club? Sorry, that's an automatic YOU LOSE. Case dismissed."

Or even worse, "Sorry, that's an automatic YOU LOSE. GUILTY."
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Asphe
Feral Cat

Post by Asphe »

So you upped the ante with a lawyer? I raise you... 'sob story on social media'!*

*only works if you're white, female and at least presentable.

-----

Usually it's pretty easy to get rid of suits that involved kids doing a no-no if the other side didn't do due diligence. I mean, my dog got offered a CC once. And his name was just 'Pancho' with no last name... and he gets a CC.

I should've pasted his paw-print on it... what do I have to lose right? (Yes, your Honour. The dog might have stepped on the form, then accidentally refolded it while playing with it. It must have then been picked up by the postman as he was being chased by the dog. Yes, girl guide's honour! No.. I was never in the guides...)

As long as you do YOURS too. If the bank accidentally gives you a million bucks... you can't 'accidentally' spend it all and hope to get away with it.

Ok... now read the OP and figure out how we got here...
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

So the law only applies if you have a lawyer present, nice.

Incidentally, Tsyb, I edited your post to correct the spelling/grammar mistake as that really bugged me :P

Lose - opposite of win
Loose - opposite of tight

;)

Oh 3DS XL £165, £35 for Pokemon X/Y when that comes out. Another £35 for Project X Zone and another £35 whenever Ace Attorney 5 comes out (digital download only sadly). I have and will be spending a lot lately :( Looking on spending £300+ on airsoft soon.
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Asphe wrote:Ok... now read the OP and figure out how we got here...
Yep, quite the derail.

I have thought about splitting the thread but I have no idea where the derail should land if I did so.

Su, no problem and thanks.

Mystiana
Princess Cat

Post by Mystiana »

Heh, I had the same problem, though I'm usually not worried about threads wandering, as long as no one else seems to mind. :)
[FFX|V] Mystiana Rulean >> BLM iL94 - DRG iL91 - SMN iL93 - SCH iL77
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1463791/
[FFXI] Mystiana@Shiva >> 99 DNC DRG SMN [currently retired]
90+ WAR BLM WHM BST BRD SCH :: 494 Merit Points
Rank 10 for all nations :: Craft: [Cooking: 54][Fishing: 50]
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

We got bored bashing on the Xb1. It was like picking on a caged monkey..funny but ultimately got old quickly.
Asphe
Feral Cat

Post by Asphe »

Well we haven't bashed the sub model yet.

Like to access most of the 'free' stuff, you need to get a Gold sub ($60 USD/year). Of course, the PS4 is free... unless you want to access the premium part ($50 USD/year).

Naah... first off, all the RPGs are beginning to look more and more like Mass Effect or FF13. What other games do you play on a console? Driving games? Rally 2020.. with more mud! FPS - almost as good as a PC with a mouse/keyboard!

What I want to see are games like 'sims' like DCS World, RPGs like Shadowrun Returns and especially games like Guns of Icarus and Divinity: Dragon Commander

Someone should just combine a PC + console. Does everything a PC can but uses 'standard' hardware like a console. It'll be cheaper than most PCs since it's mass produced and the performance shortfalls can be compensated by the fact the hardware is known and standardized. Rather like all the PC users of the world decide on a particular 'build' for a PC and all software is written to work on that build for the next 5 years.