FEAR 3.

Well as it sais, all Xbox related stuff goes here.
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

FEAR 3.

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Review was to be posted today, but I didn't get to pick up my copy at the video store due to FUNNEL CLOUDS >.>; Review will be posted as soon as I'm done playing my brother's copy.
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
Sugami
Anime cat

Re: FEAR 3.

Post by Sugami »

You mean F3AR :P Fureear? How the hell do you pronounce that? :lol:
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Sugami wrote:You mean F3AR :P Fureear? How the hell do you pronounce that? :lol:
Quiet You. :P
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

It's totally duke nukem fail. This is not what I was expecting. It's a stripped down horror story that has a control scheme about as good as call of duty. They really dropped the ball on this. I have yet to see anything that scares the crap out of me. It's a generic piece of work. They went so far as to say "Let's make this new! We'll have ghost style zombies with bombs on their chest!" Yeah.... can we please let the zombie thing go? The only saving grace the game has is the the lighting going out and eerie music playing. But then it loses it's charm after that. A few sections where Alma pops in and out, those are good. But the negatives out weigh the positives. Duke Nukem was a game you knew was going to suck and thus you had no expectations for it. But Fear 3? I had high hopes for it after the second game. The ending there was a major cliffhanger. They failed to connect it properly to this game.

Don't get me wrong. Going back to the Pointman from FEAR 1 was great. But they needed more time in the script and story writing department in my opinion. Such dissapointment for a franchise that was high on my list.

The sound/sound effects, Alma and graphical effects vs the bad engine, horrible writing, and the obsession in gaming with everything having to be a resident evil clone, makes me give this game a solid 2.5/5.