Slim 360 Breakdown

Well as it sais, all Xbox related stuff goes here.
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Slim 360 Breakdown

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Good job, you corporate money grubbing idiots. I bought a new one for my cousin and the day after christmas when she booted it up, the 4GB HDD crashed. It had a pre-loaded error. Then, it went and Red Ringed. Because it happened before they officially recieved her warrenty information, MS is refusing to pay for the RROD on the basis of the hard drive error came first. My elite runs better than that small piece of crap. and a 4GB hdd on the kinect bundle... WHY?! Why 4GB? Didn't they learn 20GB was small enough to be a failure? They did it to make you buy bigger hard drives and spend more money.

It's like MS just pushed a product out the door. And with all those problems, MS still has the balls to tell me that my elite is out dated. At least my system still works, Microsoft. What's your excuse on the slim?
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Re: Slim 360 Breakdown

Post by Tivia »

It's like MS just pushed a product out the door
You just described the entire 360 product line there. Which makes me wonder if you are surprised? or just ranting at the obvious?
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Tivia wrote:
It's like MS just pushed a product out the door
You just described the entire 360 product line there. Which makes me wonder if you are surprised? or just ranting at the obvious?
I'm surprised that microsoft insults us, calls us names, gives us inferior products and then has the balls to ask us why we won't buy their stuff.
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

I don't even know what Tivia browses these parts, you're a well known MS hater and Sony fanboy :P

Ka-chan, might just be bad luck. Is this problem well known or is your case the only example you've heard? Still it's covered for a whole year for any kind of fault, heck that soon you should still be able to get it replaced by the store you bought it from.

4GB is too small, guess it's only for people who play arcade games on silver or something, I dunno. But why'd you buy it if you think that anyways? :P
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

Not even remotely true but whatever.

I had a long post typed then my browser ate it, so meh.

Love MS, hate the 360 and I don't know many who don't with 4+ RRODs.

Love the PS3, hate Sony because they are a bunch of monkeys who shafted me out of my linux running ps3 out of fear of piracy. That and I should clarify, I love the original ps3. The new slim is freaking ugly and I am going to be mad pissed if mine ever dies and sony tries to swap me out to that downgrade.

The wii remains utterly indifferent as even having bought the black version the day it came out, It hasn't been used in years.
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Tivia wrote:Not even remotely true but whatever.

I had a long post typed then my browser ate it, so meh.

Love MS, hate the 360 and I don't know many who don't with 4+ RRODs.

Love the PS3, hate Sony because they are a bunch of monkeys who shafted me out of my linux running ps3 out of fear of piracy. That and I should clarify, I love the original ps3. The new slim is freaking ugly and I am going to be mad pissed if mine ever dies and sony tries to swap me out to that downgrade.

The wii remains utterly indifferent as even having bought the black version the day it came out, It hasn't been used in years.
MS Can't even sell the slim. Well maybe to airheads. Blonde girl buys a 300 dollar elite bundle at gamestop. Week after is E3, they announce the slim, the bundle goes down by 50 bucks. She walks back in and pre-orders the new slim for 300 dollars trading in the elite bundle which was worth about 50 on gamestop trade in. Well I'm so glad ppl like that love to throw money away. I walked into game stop when both happened. The second time was to pay off Halo Reach Legendary. And the manager is like "I know you're not stupid enough to throw 300 bucks down the drain right?" Nope. My elite is running perfect.
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Karou Ariyen wrote:I'm surprised that microsoft insults us, calls us names, gives us inferior products and then has the balls to ask us why we won't buy their stuff.
This has been their standard operation procedure since MS-DOS took over the PC world.

Well except for the "ask us why we won't buy their stuff" part. You see they got used to being the only player in the OS field, shutting down competition with the hint of a rumor that Windows was going to be released anytimerealsoonnow, and basically buying any company with an innovative product that had the slightest threat of breaking their monopoly.

And they simply don't understand why that doesn't work for hardware. Therefore they wonder why people won't buy their stuff.

:roll:
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Alya Mizar (Tsybil) wrote:
Karou Ariyen wrote:I'm surprised that microsoft insults us, calls us names, gives us inferior products and then has the balls to ask us why we won't buy their stuff.
This has been their standard operation procedure since MS-DOS took over the PC world.

Well except for the "ask us why we won't buy their stuff" part. You see they got used to being the only player in the OS field, shutting down competition with the hint of a rumor that Windows was going to be released anytimerealsoonnow, and basically buying any company with an innovative product that had the slightest threat of breaking their monopoly.

And they simply don't understand why that doesn't work for hardware. Therefore they wonder why people won't buy their stuff.

:roll:
Hardware companies have been demanding that Microsoft slow down and give them a chance to catch up. That's why windows 7 doesn't work with most hardware --;
Kennocha
Tomcat

Post by Kennocha »

Karou Ariyen wrote:Good job, you corporate money grubbing idiots. I bought a new one for my cousin and the day after christmas when she booted it up, the 4GB HDD crashed. It had a pre-loaded error. Then, it went and Red Ringed. Because it happened before they officially recieved her warrenty information, MS is refusing to pay for the RROD on the basis of the hard drive error came first. My elite runs better than that small piece of crap. and a 4GB hdd on the kinect bundle... WHY?! Why 4GB? Didn't they learn 20GB was small enough to be a failure? They did it to make you buy bigger hard drives and spend more money.

It's like MS just pushed a product out the door. And with all those problems, MS still has the balls to tell me that my elite is out dated. At least my system still works, Microsoft. What's your excuse on the slim?
If you just bought it, it still has a return policy. Take it back.
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Thankfully I did it through gamestop. I took it back and the manager at my store said they'd go yell at microsoft for me.