After War Gundam X

All your anime and manga needs.
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

After War Gundam X

Post by Karou Ariyen »

OMG OMG OMG I has JP DVDs of it! Just ripped and got it subbed, only to find out I wasted time and money cuz it's already on youtube! I think out of all the Non-UC Gundams this is the best. It blends very well and could easily be apart of the UC if it wanted too. Very dark story. So it's up my alley.
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Re: After War Gundam X

Post by Shirai »

Seen it, didn't find it very interesting.
It is still an anime to throw in the "Decent bin" though.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

39 episodes in '96, predates Gundam Wing. Should watch Gundam 00, two 26 episode series and a movie that does something that no other Gundam has done before (probably) :lol:
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Sugami wrote:39 episodes in '96, predates Gundam Wing. Should watch Gundam 00, two 26 episode series and a movie that does something that no other Gundam has done before (probably) :lol:
I watched Gundam Wing. Then I grew up.
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Excuse me? You were probably still in kindergarden when Wing came out so yeah, you would have "grown up" afterwards :roll: I was using Wing as a time reference since I hadn't heard of Gundam X before. Nothing wrong with Wing either and it's certainly not aimed at children if that's what you were implying.
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Sugami wrote:Excuse me? You were probably still in kindergarden when Wing came out so yeah, you would have "grown up" afterwards :roll: I was using Wing as a time reference since I hadn't heard of Gundam X before. Nothing wrong with Wing either and it's certainly not aimed at children if that's what you were implying.
Actually I remember it being aired on cartoon networks Toonami somewhere around 2001/2 so I'd have still been in hs at that point :P then they started airing 0079 and from there I did my own exploring xD

Also Wing was just plain, weird to me. That's all.
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Here are some facts for ye kids.

First off, more then 95% of all TV anime is made for children, Gundam Wing and any other incarnation is no different.
Most Gundam series are made for an audience of 15 to 18 years olds.

Secondly, it's Gundam Wing that predates Gundam X, but only by a really short margin.
Gundam Wing dates from April '95 and ran until March '96.
Gundam X dates from April until December '96.
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Shirai wrote:Here are some facts for ye kids.

First off, more then 95% of all TV anime is made for children, Gundam Wing and any other incarnation is no different.
Most Gundam series are made for an audience of 15 to 18 years olds.

Secondly, it's Gundam Wing that predates Gundam X, but only by a really short margin.
Gundam Wing dates from April '95 and ran until March '96.
Gundam X dates from April until December '96.
That's correct. X was 96. I don't believe wing was aired in the US until around 2001 though.

Edit: Also 08th MS Team wasn't completed until around 1998 if I remember correctly, so being in the 0079 era, that's why it looked better heh.
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Karou Ariyen wrote:That's correct. X was 96. I don't believe wing was aired in the US until around 2001 though.
I don't do US airing dates for anime unless the US is the first to air a series or movie! :tsk:
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Shirai wrote:
Karou Ariyen wrote:That's correct. X was 96. I don't believe wing was aired in the US until around 2001 though.
I don't do US airing dates for anime unless the US is the first to air a series or movie! :tsk:
I figured you didn't, I'm just trying to remember when I first watched Wing, because I know it was on cartoon network. I was into it for a while, then when 0079 aired, my love for gundam evolved.

08th MS Team aired in the US around 2004/2005 But that didn't seem right to me. By then [adult swim] was around. I watched 08th MS Team originally on Midnight Toonami on Cartoon network. So I believe it was still when [adult swim] was only on weekends. Before they took over all week long like they should :D

EDIT: Confirmed, July 2001 was 08th MS Team's air date and Gundam Wing was 2000 US Air date. Both on Cartoon Network Toonami.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Bullpies @ anime is aimed at children :P Gundam I'm sure is also aimed at young adults, 15-30 or what have you. What young man doesn't like mecha?
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Sugami wrote:Bullpies @ anime is aimed at children :P Gundam I'm sure is also aimed at young adults, 15-30 or what have you. What young man doesn't like mecha?

"Hey I'm a lady!"
"You're no lady, your a girl." xD
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Sugami wrote:Bullpies @ anime is aimed at children :P Gundam I'm sure is also aimed at young adults, 15-30 or what have you.
Nope, it's not bullpie at all, most anime is aimed at children and young teen audiences (which are still children).
Regarding Gundam:
During its conceptual phase, the series was titled Freedom Fighter Gunboy, or simply Gunboy for the gun the robot was armed with, and the primary target demographic were shōnen (boys).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gundam#Concept
Seinen is what you are referring to, which Gundam regardless of what western media wants you to believe is not.
If you watch carefully you will see that nearly all Gundam series' "heroes" are boys in their young teens, sometimes their rivals are too like in Gundam Seed.
This is something the target audience of the show can relate themselves to, and you see this be the case with most shōnen type anime and manga.
What young man doesn't like mecha?
There are very few mecha titles I really enjoy, I'm more of a Macross person myself with the exception of Macross 7.
That one just sucked.
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Almost all animation is aimed at the 6 - 15 year old age group.

The best of it, no mater where or when from, is also aimed at adults. The single best example of that is probably Rocky and Bullwinkle. But any animated work has got to catch the kids first.

The reason I DESPISE Hana Barbera (SP?) to this day is not just that they brought the art of animation to its lowest point ever, but they filled prime time with plotlines that wouldn't keep a 3rd grader amused.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Alya Mizar (Tsybil) wrote:Almost all animation is aimed at the 6 - 15 year old age group.

The best of it, no mater where or when from, is also aimed at adults. The single best example of that is probably Rocky and Bullwinkle. But any animated work has got to catch the kids first.

The reason I DESPISE Hana Barbera (SP?) to this day is not just that they brought the art of animation to its lowest point ever, but they filled prime time with plotlines that wouldn't keep a 3rd grader amused.
Are you saying you'd be more impressed if Yogi Bear piloted a gundam while thieving a picanic basket? :rofl:
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

It was the Flintstones / Jetsons era I was thinking about. And all that lousy flapjaw animation. Both of those shows got to the point they required less than 5 minuets of original animation per episode, all the rest was stock cuts.

Actually Yogi was a big step up from that era. And Scooby-Doo... I can almost forgive them for the Flintstones / Jetsons tripe just for Scooby. But... nah, NFW.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Alya Mizar (Tsybil) wrote:It was the Flintstones / Jetsons era I was thinking about. And all that lousy flapjaw animation. Both of those shows got to the point they required less than 5 minuets of original animation per episode, all the rest was stock cuts.

Actually Yogi was a big step up from that era. And Scooby-Doo... I can almost forgive them for the Flintstones / Jetsons tripe just for Scooby. But... nah, NFW.
Ruh-Roh Rsybil....
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Shirai wrote:During its conceptual phase, the series was titled Freedom Fighter Gunboy, or simply Gunboy for the gun the robot was armed with, and the primary target demographic were shōnen (boys).
Shounen Jump I firmly believe is aimed at the 12-30 age range :P
There are very few mecha titles I really enjoy, I'm more of a Macross person myself with the exception of Macross 7.
That one just sucked.
You're weird though :P Isn't Macross "mecha" as well? They're planes that transform into robots, sounds pretty mecha-like to me :P

Speaking of Scooby, Robot Chicken did a great Scooby Doo meets Friday 13th sketch :P
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Sugami wrote:
Shirai wrote:During its conceptual phase, the series was titled Freedom Fighter Gunboy, or simply Gunboy for the gun the robot was armed with, and the primary target demographic were shōnen (boys).
Shounen Jump I firmly believe is aimed at the 12-30 age range :P
Shonen Jump is aimed at 12~17 year olds, that people of older ages like some of the manga in there doesn't matter.
Neither is it anything to be ashamed of or to defend by making nonsensical arguments about it, I mean we still like cartoons and we're both nearly 30 or over.
Seriously, it doesn't matter to me at all if someone likes series that I don't, it does bother me if people make up stupid excuses for liking them.
In the end we're no more then different people.
That one just sucked.
You're weird though :P Isn't Macross "mecha" as well? They're planes that transform into robots, sounds pretty mecha-like to me :P
What's so weird about it? I know Macross is a Mecha title hence:
There are very few mecha titles I really enjoy
I never said I don't like any mecha anime, hence I named one I do like because Gundam doesn't really do anything for me.
Please read more carefully before making assumptions.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Shirai wrote:Shonen Jump is aimed at 12~17 year olds, that people of older ages like some of the manga in there doesn't matter.
Neither is it anything to be ashamed of or to defend by making nonsensical arguments about it, I mean we still like cartoons and we're both nearly 30 or over.
Seriously, it doesn't matter to me at all if someone likes series that I don't, it does bother me if people make up stupid excuses for liking them.
In the end we're no more then different people.
My impressions of (most) anime is that they were "cartoons for adults", guess when I think of cartoons for children I still think of Saturday morning cartoons, which are aimed at children younger than 10 rather than older than 12. It's just that with all those huge anime conventions and stuff in Japan I find it hard to believe something "aimed at children" is that popular but whatever :P
I never said I don't like any mecha anime, hence I named one I do like because Gundam doesn't really do anything for me.
Please read more carefully before making assumptions.
It was how it sounded. When you say "I'm more of an x person" it implies you don't like the other thing :P It really doesn't sound like you were including Macross in with the mecha, at least to me it doesn't :P

Like if someone said, "Do you like tea?" and you replied with, "I'm more of a coffee person." it implies you don't like tea :P If you wanted to make an exception then saying something like, "I don't really like tea, except for earl grey." would be clearer :P

Maybe I should point out not to take me too seriously when I use a lot of :P since I'm just joking around a little :P
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

I'm very selective about which Gundam I actually Like. I perfer more of the normal, mature adult style anime.... and Inuyasha. I want to play with his dog ears dammit.
xaresity
Queen Cat

Post by xaresity »

инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинйоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоtuchkasинфоинфо