Early CE Launch Tomorrow

A place to talk about... anything!
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Early CE Launch Tomorrow

Post by Karou Ariyen »

It's time. sadly I refused to pay extra for overnight delivery, so I'll be on retail in 5 days.
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Re: Early CE Launch Tomorrow

Post by Tivia »

Well...perhaps I can help you then..

http://isohunt.com/lite/files/214534461 ... 0ISO%20rar

Legit, and clean. At the very least you can get to installing and patching.

-Enjoy
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Actually it goes live this evening at 6? 8? PM PDT. I doubt that my copy will arrive in time for that.

And although I did pay for overnight, I live in a kind of boondocky area. The USPS has us on a no 1 day guarantee, but UPS and FedEx do not. So I may not be in game on the 22ed either. If so I will be pleased to be getting the game for free.

And it gives me more time to think of a name anyway.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Oh BTW when I uninstalled the beta it said to make sure I unsubscribe from the service or whatever. Since it was a beta I ignored it but... is there something else I should have done?
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

No, you are good.
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Tsybil wrote:Actually it goes live this evening at 6? 8? PM PDT. I doubt that my copy will arrive in time for that.

And although I did pay for overnight, I live in a kind of boondocky area. The USPS has us on a no 1 day guarantee, but UPS and FedEx do not. So I may not be in game on the 22ed either. If so I will be pleased to be getting the game for free.

And it gives me more time to think of a name anyway.
I've been scanning Norfolk Southern, BNSF, Union Pacific, CSX, and Kansas City Southern Radio Scanners. Considering big game launches like XIV and the gamestop "Next Day" promise, They will have huge explosions of UPS and Fed Ex Intermodal Extras that will be heading out. So if UPS and FedEx fail to get it there, it's their drivers fault. The Railroads don't mess around when it comes to extra revenue.

By the way, what server are we all congregating on?
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Keerith
Metal Cat

Post by Keerith »

Kaorii wrote:

Hasn't changed, it'll still be Lindblum.
-Keerith
See you later, space cowboy!

[FFXIV: Keerith Galeo, Priestess of Ormagöden]

"Can't bend what's made of metal / We're reinforced with steel / We never will surrender / We never kneel." - Made of Metal, by Dream Evil
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Keerith wrote:
Kaorii wrote:

Former pride member told me it was Gyshal --;
Keerith
Metal Cat

Post by Keerith »

Well, tell them that we're all on the Lindblum server. :)

It's on the slpash page and site announcements and all that.

BTW, who was it? We don't want people wondering where the heck the rest of us are. :D
-Keerith

"Can't bend what's made of metal / We're reinforced with steel / We never will surrender / We never kneel." - Made of Metal, by Dream Evil
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Keerith wrote:Well, tell them that we're all on the Lindblum server. :)

It's on the slpash page and site announcements and all that.
But I just click refresh here :3
Keerith
Metal Cat

Post by Keerith »

Heh, yea, I usually just go straight to the forums and skip the splash page too. >.> But it's there!

BTW, who was it? We don't want people wondering where the heck the rest of us are. :D
-Keerith

Raika Akaizer
FACE STOMPING CAT

Post by Raika Akaizer »

Kaorii wrote:
Keerith wrote:
Kaorii wrote:

Former pride member told me it was Gyshal --;
Whoever said that is dead wrong. I don't even know where that came from considering it wasn't even mentioned when we were selecting the server.
RIP Titan MP.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

I may have successfully persuaded my old LS to populate Lindblum as well, so if I manage to get on I won't need two characters :)
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

OMG! I paid for standard UPS Ground Shipping. They gave me my order confirmation today. I clicked the tracking number and it's here! Out For Delivery!!!!!! WOOOO!
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Shipped!!!

9/22 7:12 AM
Shipping Confirmation

Order Date: 08-18-2010
Anyone want to make book on whether I get it today or I get a refund as per GameSTOP's stated policy?
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Tsybil wrote:Shipped!!!

9/22 7:12 AM
Shipping Confirmation

Order Date: 08-18-2010
Anyone want to make book on whether I get it today or I get a refund as per GameSTOP's stated policy?
Next Day showing up is only free if you pay for I think 2 day shipping or something like that. How did my 3-5 days ground (it left from Nashville so that's about 3 days for a trucker) show up today? It left the warehouse yesterday, my card was billed yesterday.... I'm so confused now.
Keerith
Metal Cat

Post by Keerith »

Probably put it on a train for part/most of the trip; more cost efficient I'd think. Every once in a while I catch the USPS semi for Denver - Chicago passing through, but I can't remember the last time I saw a UPS semi come through.

Not exactly a huge UPS fan (I prefer FedEx) but I have to admit, they do their job well. :)
-Keerith

Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Keerith wrote:Probably put it on a train for part/most of the trip; more cost efficient I'd think. Every once in a while I catch the USPS semi for Denver - Chicago passing through, but I can't remember the last time I saw a UPS semi come through.

Not exactly a huge UPS fan (I prefer FedEx) but I have to admit, they do their job well. :)
From Canadian National's Radio Scanner and I quote "Copy that, CN Intermodal Extra...." Basically I always go and railfan the Canadian National.... Intermodal trains are class 1 cargo that always takes priority, rarely do they call them "Extra's". I waited. That thing was loaded down with UPS and FedEx onry :3
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

I paid for overnight shipping, its only way to get the guarantee.

SEATTLE, WA, US 09/22/2010 6:54 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN

Probably on a truck to Moses Lake, closest UPS hub and that's a bit over 4 hours from Seattle. Low odds on a train or truck to Spokane.

Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Tsybil wrote:I paid for overnight shipping, its only way to get the guarantee.

SEATTLE, WA, US 09/22/2010 6:54 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN

Probably on a truck to Moses Lake, closest UPS hub and that's a bit over 4 hours from Seattle. Low odds on a train or truck to Spokane.
I just checked in with Burlington Northern Santa Fe scanners, They have 3 Intermodal Extra's coming back from Chicago to Seattle, Portland, and Spokane. Wether or not their Loaded, I don't know, but This tends to always happen on video game, movie or music launch day.

EDIT: I got off Union Pacific's Scanners, They had 2 intermodal extra's hit the railyards in LA within a 15 minute time span, getting ahold of some rail fans to confirm UPS and FedEX cargo.
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Thanks for checking.

I don't know how they do it with fright, but Amtrack runs The Empire Builder in sections from Seattle and Portland to Spokane then puts the sections together there for the run to Chicago.

Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

Just gotta ask..why didn't you guys pre-order from a store so you could just pick it up? :?:
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Tivia wrote:Just gotta ask..why didn't you guys pre-order from a store so you could just pick it up? :?:
Because I was getting my hair done and ordered it via gamestop.com at the last minute like a moron. This purchase wasn't planned, it was a spur of the moment thing.
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

90 miles (150 km) to Spokane, 240 (400) to Seattle, 80 (134) to either Moses Lake or Wenatchee, both of which are big enough to have a dedicated game store but I don't know if they do.

I used to keep a room in Seattle and spend more time there than out here, but that was before the current economic unpleasantness. Back then it was preorder, walk in on release day.

Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Arrived 10:52 AM PDT!!!

Installing now.

JediKitsune
Mad Cat

Post by JediKitsune »

I was gonna wake up and drive to Gamestop as soon as they opened, but I spent too long playing League of Legends last night, so I woke up around 11, but I did still drive to Gamestop first thing. Currently, I'm patching and finishing up lunch before I finally decide to try and play.
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

JediKitsune wrote:I was gonna wake up and drive to Gamestop as soon as they opened, but I spent too long playing League of Legends last night, so I woke up around 11, but I did still drive to Gamestop first thing. Currently, I'm patching and finishing up lunch before I finally decide to try and play.
Why Jedi, wait you're Nobodyreal right? I get confused now.
xaresity
Queen Cat

Post by xaresity »

сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтtuchkasсайтсайт