Regular or Collectors Edition?

A place to talk about... anything!
MikaMeow
<Insert Title here>

Regular or Collectors Edition?

Post by MikaMeow »

So since it got brought up in irc that theres a pretty big difference between regular and collectors edition, kinda curious what most of you are thinking of getting?

Seems weird to me that regular comes out 8 days later, and doesn't get the first 30 days free that nearly every mmo I can think of usually comes with. Tho the glasses seem alot cooler than the Onion helm you get with collectors.
The most wasted day of all is one in which we have not laughed.
Image Image
Keerith
Metal Cat

Re: Regular or Collectors Edition?

Post by Keerith »

The glasses look worlds cooler. :)

Still, I'm getting CE for the free month, security token, and other not-the-helmet goodies.
-Keerith
See you later, space cowboy!

[FFXIV: Keerith Galeo, Priestess of Ormagöden]

"Can't bend what's made of metal / We're reinforced with steel / We never will surrender / We never kneel." - Made of Metal, by Dream Evil
MikaMeow
<Insert Title here>

Post by MikaMeow »

Do you know what the right of passage thing is? I tried to look it up but no one really seemed to know.

Collectors is really tempting me, just for the play 8 days earlier.. tho the 22nd start is a bad day for me. Its my birthday, got a few plans during the day, then anime clubs getting back together and doing their meeting zero (aka where we pitch shows, then vote on what we'll watch for the next 3 months or so)
The most wasted day of all is one in which we have not laughed.
Image Image
Fiye
Captain Fiye

Post by Fiye »

I went with the CE mostly because I'm a fan of having swag. IE Tarut cards from Vana'fest 2008
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

My security key is getting old and that inclusion alone nearly justifies CE price. Everything else at that point is just gravy.
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Well, my local computershop only has the CE.
And I'm a sucker for those kind of things.
Choice is simple.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
Raika Akaizer
FACE STOMPING CAT

Post by Raika Akaizer »

I just paid off my CE. Unfortunately on the 22nd I have a bunch of exams lined up.... but after that get the energy drinks out cause I'ma be glued to my computer beating things up with a battle axe.
RIP Titan MP.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Neither, don't have the money for it right now :P
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

The SE has the 30 days free too.

I am getting the CE. The early access is what I want.

But what I get for FFXI makes it pay off. Security token gives every character on my account 30 - 80 more inventory (mog satchel). This means I can cancel my 2ed account. Also I get $7 off my main account. That's a savings of $21.95/month.

That pays for FFXIV and a six pack each month.

And I get a buddy pass too!!! Give a friend 30 free days.

The buddy pass is big. But my RL best friend is still hooked on Aion.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Raika Akaizer
FACE STOMPING CAT

Post by Raika Akaizer »

Tsybil wrote:The SE has the 30 days free too.

The buddy pass is big. But my RL best friend is still hooked on Aion.
Feel free to tell em that Aion is a scam. :rofl:
RIP Titan MP.
Keerith
Metal Cat

Post by Keerith »

MikaMeow wrote:Do you know what the right of passage thing is? I tried to look it up but no one really seemed to know.
Right of Passage Document

This document is mailed out to players and contains the name, surname, race, clan, birthday and gender of the character they create. There are three different types, each modeled after the three starting city-states.
From Eorzeapedia, http://www.eorzeapedia.com/2010/08/18/a ... s-edition/
Basically an official Geek Certificate you can frame and hang on your wall. :lol:

I really, really want to reactivate my XI account for the shoes - I can already tell I'll be doing a ton of running around. I'm having trouble justifying the cost, though. :(
Tsybil wrote:The buddy pass is big. But my RL best friend is still hooked on Aion.
All my RL friends (that still play MMOs) are into WoW and don't want to upgrade for FFXIV/aren't sure they want to switch MMO 'types'.
-Keerith

"Can't bend what's made of metal / We're reinforced with steel / We never will surrender / We never kneel." - Made of Metal, by Dream Evil
myth
Kitten

Post by myth »

can you get the helm and goggles if you buy boh editions?
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Don't think so, they're on different license keys so that would mean two characters.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

Keerith wrote:
MikaMeow wrote:Do you know what the right of passage thing is? I tried to look it up but no one really seemed to know.
Right of Passage Document

This document is mailed out to players and contains the name, surname, race, clan, birthday and gender of the character they create. There are three different types, each modeled after the three starting city-states.
From Eorzeapedia, http://www.eorzeapedia.com/2010/08/18/a ... s-edition/
Basically an official Geek Certificate you can frame and hang on your wall. :lol:

I really, really want to reactivate my XI account for the shoes - I can already tell I'll be doing a ton of running around. I'm having trouble justifying the cost, though. :(
Tsybil wrote:The buddy pass is big. But my RL best friend is still hooked on Aion.
All my RL friends (that still play MMOs) are into WoW and don't want to upgrade for FFXIV/aren't sure they want to switch MMO 'types'.
I wouldn't push it too hard to them anyhow to be honest. Most wow players aren't looking for something actually difficult to play. :rofl:
Keerith
Metal Cat

Post by Keerith »

Shirai wrote:Don't think so, they're on different license keys so that would mean two characters.
From how the other freebie items (the gauntlets from FFXII, the shoes from XI, etc) and the general chat online, you CAN get both - there's a code that you add to your account to 'unlock' it. That being said, it won't add the item to your account if you already have a character made - if you buy both, you'll have to skip the 8 pre-release days and wait until standard release.

Also, the game is REGION SPECIFIC! The EU and JP pre-order has a tumbler ( :?: ) in addition to the in-game helm. I also heard there was a preorder that included both goggles and helm (for JP), but I can't read kanji and it could just be rampant speculation.

I've also heard some wishful thinking that Square might put the goggle codes in all first-run DVD cases (like with FFXII), and that the CE might just be the standard version DVD case plus bonus packaging/materials... but I wouldn't get my hopes up until/unless you get confirmation from somewhere.
Tivia wrote:I wouldn't push it too hard to them anyhow to be honest. Most wow players aren't looking for something actually difficult to play.:rofl:
ROFL indeed! WoW wasn't ever horribly complicated or too difficult to play, but there used to be some level of challenge. Lately (the last six months to a year or so) it's felt like all I have to do is log in to the game to get rewarded, and nobody is interested in doing anything challenging - just wait/farm for a few weeks until you can buy 'Teh Best Gears' and go roflstomp stuff.
-Keerith

Mystiana
Princess Cat

Post by Mystiana »

Fiye wrote:I went with the CE mostly because I'm a fan of having swag. IE Tarut cards from Vana'fest 2008
I still have these as well!

I'm getting CE. I figure I'm pretty much required to. I already have the certificate from my trip to SanFran. I should take a picture of it sometime.
[FFX|V] Mystiana Rulean >> BLM iL94 - DRG iL91 - SMN iL93 - SCH iL77
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1463791/
[FFXI] Mystiana@Shiva >> 99 DNC DRG SMN [currently retired]
90+ WAR BLM WHM BST BRD SCH :: 494 Merit Points
Rank 10 for all nations :: Craft: [Cooking: 54][Fishing: 50]
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

I did CE. Oh btw, the Halo Reach Legendary statue from McFarlane Toys is bad arse. So I'm hoping those certificates for XIV CE will be better.
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
Kennocha
Tomcat

Post by Kennocha »

I had account issues in FFXI where my character was deleted, gear lost etc.

On that basis alone, CE for the security token.
xaresity
Queen Cat

Post by xaresity »

audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comfactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.rugalvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.ru
geartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ruhaemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ru
hangonpart.ruhaphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ruheatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.rujobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.ru
journallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.rukaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.rukinozones.rukleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ruknowledgestate.ru
kondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.rulacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.rulandingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.ru
languagelaboratory.rulargeheart.rulasercalibration.rulaserlens.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.rumagnetotelluricfield.rumailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.ru
nameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.runavelseed.runeatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ruonesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.ru
papercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ruqualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.rureadingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.ru
rectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.rusalestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.rusemiasphalticflux.rusemifinishmachining.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.ru
stungun.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoning.rutechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.rutemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.rutenementbuilding.rutuchkasultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.ru