FFXIV updated Infos!

A place to talk about... anything!
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

FFXIV updated Infos!

Post by Tivia »

Japanese site did an update today. Fairly easy to navigate even if you don't speak a lick of jpn. Just look for the new icons.

They have split all the races into two sects apparently.

Miqo'te
Keepers of the Moon
Seekers of the Sun

Roegadyn (Galka minus the suck)
Lohengarde
Seewolf

Hyuran (Hume)
Highlanders
Midlanders

Lalafel
Dunesfolk
Plainsfolk

Eleyen
Shaders
Foresters

Overall impressions at a glance.
It appears the character creator is not going to be quite as robust as we are hoping. I was hoping for something as flexible as Aion since that really should be standard, but I suspect it is going to be a little more rigid. Still though with this split they are doing, it looks like there will be a large enough variety to make it not a bad thing.

I am especially pleased at the new looks for the Lalafel, they finally made them not look like retard children. If anything they are really quite well done and if you subscribe to the FFXIV youtube chan, they are exceptionally well animated as well. Miqo'te look fantastic as to be expected, though I am a little disappointed at the lack of appreciable animation on them thus far.
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

Updated the NA site with the same info finally. Only took them nearly a week... :?:

That said, I really wish they would overhaul the NA site, it really looks like garbage compared to the Jpn site. Not to mention the fact that it is just convoluted and difficult to navigate.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

You think that's bad, check out the crappy UK/EU section :oops:

Seems like the character creation is quite good. Skin, hair, eyes, facial features, even nose and mouth all seem to be selected individually.

I like the two different "tribes" for each race too, seems like one is basically the FFXI version where the other is "new". There's a pic of a Seeker's of the Sun Miqo'te that has one green eye and one blue :o Keeper's of the Moon seem to have darker coloured ears and tails. Dunesfolk Lalafell look like serious Tarutaru (seems like a contradiction :lol:).
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

The Lalafel look more elfin now and less childlike.

From what little I have seen of the SotS and KotM, there will be serious differences in skin tone selection. And to me both seem to be about as much Mithra as each other.

I like the look of the Shaders. Also that Highlander.

It bums me out a bit that although there are descriptions of the tribes on the US site, only the JP site has pics. Ah well, that's what tabbed browsers are good for.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Fiye
Captain Fiye

Post by Fiye »

[x]

Ooops, dropped something!
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Tsybil wrote:And to me both seem to be about as much Mithra as each other.
Yeah pretty much, from the description the Keepers of the Moon will have more face paint. Seekers of the Sun seem to have light coloured fur, white, tan and ginger where Keepers of the Moon have the grey and black fur although I could be wrong :lol:
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

More infos

This is super sekret Aphas stuff....so your warned.

http://www.ffxivblog.com/livestream-of-ffxiv-gameplay/

Stream of some gameplay. Not the greatest since he decided to stream it (translation turn to sh*t quality) instead of fraps and upload. However you get to see a number of different aspects over about 3 hours.

Stat system

Appears to be points distributing based on your personal choice. So it looks like characters who specialize will indeed be superior to those who diversify. That of course is yet to be confirmed, but hopefully that is the case. This will allow those who want to be a jack of all trades to do so, but will ensure that room remains for those who truly want to be good at one or two jobs instead of them all.

Also looking like the character customization is going to be pretty damned impressive. No more 500 versions of Tivia? Perhaps? I hope so...
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

OK, one thing I saw that I didn't like. Generic NPC names. "Voluptuous Vixen" "Short Adventurer". I didn't like them in WAR, I far prefer individual names as in XI.

Truly a minor point though.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

I am assuming that is just an Alpha thing.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Miqo'te not have speech impediments like Mithra? D:
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Sugami wrote:Miqo'te not have speech impediments like Mithra? D:
Well darrrnit. :lol:

Raika Akaizer
FACE STOMPING CAT

Post by Raika Akaizer »

Although I found this at ffxivcore.....

"You can only play as female Miqo’te, but males exist."
Source: http://www.ffxivcore.com/topic/5024-fam ... e76bf4efba

Everyone got kinda bummed.... At least until people realized that our favorite felines weren't even playable in alpha. There is still some speculation as to whether or not males will be playable, as a lot can change from an alpha release. For example, Hyur (hume) has a subcategory of highlander which is male only. Since models already exist for males, there may still be a possibility that males could appear in one of the Miqo'te (Mithra) subcategories. Also, Miqo'te not being playable in alpha has also raised some tails in curiosity as to why, and that perhaps they have listened to the demand for males. Time will only tell. :D
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

I'd still pick a female kitty even if males existed as PCs :lol:

Is it only Miqo'te that aren't available in the alpha? Think I read that female "galka" exist but doesn't seem like they're playable (who'd want to? :lol).
Raika Akaizer
FACE STOMPING CAT

Post by Raika Akaizer »

I believe Galka are in the same boat is Mithra, just opposite sexes in question.

Edit: You're right, I couldn't imagine them being anything other than mules named Rosie O'Donnell, or Barbra Streisand.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

In FFXI it's said that Galka reproduce asexually, and therefore are genderless but because they're so huge they resemble males more than females and thus regarded as such.
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Sugami wrote:In FFXI it's said that Galka reproduce asexually, and therefore are genderless but because they're so huge they resemble males more than females and thus regarded as such.
The beards might have a bit to do with that.

Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

That too :lol:
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Sugami wrote:In FFXI it's said that Galka reproduce asexually, and therefore are genderless but because they're so huge they resemble males more than females and thus regarded as such.
Welcome to Whose Line Is It Anyway! The Show where everything's made up and the points don't matter. The Points are like a condom to a Galka.

Also: Image
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: FFXIV updated Infos!

Post by xaresity »

сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтtuchkasсайтсайт