A little something for some Ole Friends

A place to talk about... anything!
Kessa
Housecat

A little something for some Ole Friends

Post by Kessa »

Fellow Virtual Friends :D

I just want to let you all know that the US Military is finally letting me take a break from heading to Southwest Asia for awhile \o/ As a reward for spending 28 months in the litterbox I get to move to Japan for the next 3 years!!! WooooHoo

So with that said if any of you want some cool games, music, movies, or plain Japanese/Korean Coolness feel free to let me know :D

Due to the Wonders of the Military Postal System it wont cost anything crazy to ship either :D

As of right now I am trying to work a miracle to get FFXI to work on my MAC without bootcamp >.> Wish me luck :P
[img]http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g11/Shinrasin/Signature/The-Master-Thief.png[/img]
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Are you offering to get me a birthday gift for free?
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Where are you going to be stationed?
My guess is Okinawa.

If so, and you happen to be there in August.
You might bump into a couple of crazy Dutch people celebrating the matsuri on our first week in Japan.
(Second and third week will be Hakata and Osaka.)

Besides, have you been in Japan before?
If not, I might be able to give you a few tips on places to absolutely check out when visiting the Kansai and Tokyo regions.

And if you happen to have a slight interest in the trade history between Holland and Japan you should also visit the Kyushu region.
(This year it's the 400th anniversairy, and the Japanese embassy in Holland is spamming me with invitations to several japan related events, my guess is there will be a lot of Holland related events on Kyushu, but I'll see when I visit Hakata)

Other then that, I hope you have an awesome time there.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Congrrrats!!

This mean we will be seeing more of you here again?

Good luck on the Mac project. If you succeed many will be interested I am sure.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Kahvi
Krazy Kat

Post by Kahvi »

Have Fun in japan! I totally wish I could student teach english there once i get a bachellors degree. I hear its fun and expensive to live there though...

Good luck with FFXI on a mac! I'm sure it can work. After all, I got it to work on a crappy laptop for a while.
Windurst Rank 10
Fight together, die together, leave no one behind.

[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style7,Kahvi.png[/img][/url]
Kessa
Housecat

Post by Kessa »

Lots of Replies o.0

Karou: I can get you a little something unique for your birthday, its a day of celebration after all :D When is the occasion though?

Shirai: I have been stationed in Iwakuni for 3 years before which is on mainland by Hiroshima and I absolutely loved it!! This time I am heading to Okinawa though, and I will get there the last week of May. I should be there until 2012 except for about 8 months next year when I head back to Virginia for WOBC (I am getting a Commission \o/) If you, or your friends need a ride or a place to crash let me know, Iz got hooks up up and down mainland and the island ^^

Tsybil: I will be hanging out in the forum again. I am actually glad to see most of you still here from before I left. I was gone for 14 months and when I came back nothing was the same in Cali, or in Florida when I went on leave. Its good to have some stability :D

I just finished getting Crossover, Wine, Mac Ports all configured and I got POL updated. Now all I need to do is get the resolution and direct X emulation right and everything should look fine.

I also have a addon for Mac called MultiClutch. It allow you to assign gestures to specific applications. I am gonna see if I can assign mouse gestures to = launching a macro. For example, slide 3 fingers left and it will equal the macro you set on Ctrl 1 >.>

If anyone has any Mac questions or Linux let me know and I will try to help out :D
[img]http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g11/Shinrasin/Signature/The-Master-Thief.png[/img]
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Kessa wrote:Lots of Replies o.0

Karou: I can get you a little something unique for your birthday, its a day of celebration after all :D When is the occasion though?

Shirai: I have been stationed in Iwakuni for 3 years before which is on mainland by Hiroshima and I absolutely loved it!! This time I am heading to Okinawa though, and I will get there the last week of May. I should be there until 2012 except for about 8 months next year when I head back to Virginia for WOBC (I am getting a Commission \o/) If you, or your friends need a ride or a place to crash let me know, Iz got hooks up up and down mainland and the island ^^

Tsybil: I will be hanging out in the forum again. I am actually glad to see most of you still here from before I left. I was gone for 14 months and when I came back nothing was the same in Cali, or in Florida when I went on leave. Its good to have some stability :D

I just finished getting Crossover, Wine, Mac Ports all configured and I got POL updated. Now all I need to do is get the resolution and direct X emulation right and everything should look fine.

I also have a addon for Mac called MultiClutch. It allow you to assign gestures to specific applications. I am gonna see if I can assign mouse gestures to = launching a macro. For example, slide 3 fingers left and it will equal the macro you set on Ctrl 1 >.>

If anyone has any Mac questions or Linux let me know and I will try to help out :D
March 14th :3
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

Welcome back Kessa
Kessa
Housecat

Post by Kessa »

Well POL works but I cant get past the character select screen.... Still working on finding a workaround. DirectX 3D conversion sux >.<
Kessa
Housecat

Post by Kessa »

Tivia wrote:Welcome back Kessa
Its Good to be back Tivia :D
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Kessa wrote:Shirai: I have been stationed in Iwakuni for 3 years before which is on mainland by Hiroshima and I absolutely loved it!! This time I am heading to Okinawa though, and I will get there the last week of May. I should be there until 2012 except for about 8 months next year when I head back to Virginia for WOBC (I am getting a Commission \o/) If you, or your friends need a ride or a place to crash let me know, Iz got hooks up up and down mainland and the island ^^
Rides and crash places have been arranged as we're traveling through the non-profit organization of a friend of mine that visits Japan 2/3 times per year.
And crash and rides for 28 people might be a tad much to ask for too ^^;
But, I might take you up on the offer if I plan to make a trip to the only region of Japan I have yet to visit; Hokaido.
But I might come back to you on that if I am actually going to on a later vacation probably somewhere around 2011 as I'm planning a vacation to the US for 2010.
(Where in the US I do not know yet, it depends on where Otakon plans to hold their event.)
Last edited by Shirai on Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

There is one gift you could send me.... Can I have a copy of your squad and/or unit patch from Iraq? See I collect my friends unit patches after they get back from the sandbox. It's a reminder that they made it home alive while protecting us.
Kessa
Housecat

Post by Kessa »

KarouKaniyashia wrote:There is one gift you could send me.... Can I have a copy of your squad and/or unit patch from Iraq? See I collect my friends unit patches after they get back from the sandbox. It's a reminder that they made it home alive while protecting us.
I dont have a patch, but I do have a shirt and a coin. Which would you prefer.
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

ooooo The shirt would be nice~ but you don't have to, I collect patches, which you don't have so that's okay. Don't worry about it.
Kessa
Housecat

Post by Kessa »

KarouKaniyashia wrote:ooooo The shirt would be nice~ but you don't have to, I collect patches, which you don't have so that's okay. Don't worry about it.
Just email me where you want me to send it. I have lots of unit shirts, I will pick up a new one from work on monday for ya \o/
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: A little something for some Ole Friends

Post by xaresity »

xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: A little something for some Ole Friends

Post by xaresity »

инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинйоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоtuchkasинфоинфо