Sick Square-Enix April Fool's Joke

A place to talk about... anything!
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Sick Square-Enix April Fool's Joke

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Originally announced in November, the three expansions, entitled “A Crystalline Prophecy – Ode of Life Bestowing™”, “A Moogle Kupo d’Etat – Evil in Small Doses™” and “A Shantotto Ascension – The Legend Torn, Her Empire Born™”, each of which are led by Masato Kato, who created the stories and scenarios for FINAL FANTASY XI and its first expansion pack, Rise of the Zilart®, were slated for independent releases starting in Spring 2009, with subsequent releases to follow in the months thereafter. We are pleased to announce that the later two scenarios are ahead of schedule and will be available for download shortly after the April version update!

Available exclusively for online purchase through the PlayOnline® Viewer, these next two expansions will be made available simultaneously for all FINAL FANTASY XI platforms worldwide. Originally priced at $9.99 per expansion scenario, because of the increase depth of play that is added with all three scenarios - including a new tanking job, new Mithran continent and three new avatars - the price of each sceniario has been adjusted to $24.99 per scenario, but will be available as a package for only $69.99. Players who pre-ordered "A Crystalline Prophecy – Ode of Life Bestowing™" for $9.99 will be billed an additional $15.00 and will be entitled to the package discount, which will be available for purchase through the PlayOnline® Viewer shortly.

(*The official site of the add-on scenarios will be updated in the coming days with the latest information on the new pricing and content.)

Image:Bullet.gif

Judge
These regal combatants are masters not only of themselves, but of others. A judge is able to not only decree certain enemy abilities or actions to be forbidden for the duration of combat, but also to assist members of his own party by granting privileges they otherwise would be unable to use. Their superior knowledge allows the judge to detect weaknesses in their enemies, allowing adventurers to maximize their combat skills in battle.

The Olzhirya Continent
Located far to the south of Mindartia, Olzhirya is home to the Mithra and the great Gha Naboh Matriarchate nation-state. The continent appears a peaceful one, based primarily on fishing and agriculture. Unrest is brewing, however, between the Mithra and the inhabitants of Tsahya, an island nation, just off the eastern shore of Olzhirya...

Atomos, Alexander, and Odin... oh my
Summoners have for a long time suspected that pacts could be formed with Atomos, Alexander, and Odin in order to summon their spirits in order to assist in battles. But the pacts had been lost to time and the ravages of the Crystal War. With new technologies allowing summoners to travel back in time, these pacts have now been discovered. Obtaining such pacts is not for the feint of heart, but the rewards will be worthwhile for those strong enough to succeed.
...................... Charging additional 15.00 is not a good idea. They screwed with something that they thought was funny but players may not see the humor in that. Not good SE. Not Good.
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

You has sauce? o.o

Because this news is not on the Playonline site, nor is it on KI which is notorious for April fools jokes.
Allakhazam is clean, and so is FFXIAH.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

FFXIClopedia
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

/facepalm
Did not check there.

Still you're putting the blame on the wrong party :P
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Shirai wrote:/facepalm
Did not check there.

Still you're putting the blame on the wrong party :P
Pffff SE's done a lot of stuff to warrent blame, I just used this against them :O
Tianshii
Mad Cat

Post by Tianshii »

:lol:
I think it's funny.
If you read down to "judge" it's pretty clear it's a joke.

I'm trying to get some co-workers in on a silly prank today, but they are not in the spirit! :(
Assassen Summoner
[img]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o233/PuszNboots/sigs/Tianshii_this.jpg[/img]
SMN75~SAM75~whm75~thf42~DNC38~drg33
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Tianshii wrote::lol:
I think it's funny.
If you read down to "judge" it's pretty clear it's a joke.

I'm trying to get some co-workers in on a silly prank today, but they are not in the spirit! :(
I got my co-worker's good Today. I had my eclipse sitting out front with a giant sign "FOR SALE - 45,000 Contact Asya For Details" and I 'bought' a civic that my friend owns and drove that into work. They about crapped a brick.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Aww they joked about adding the Mithra homeland, I'd really like to see that :(
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Sugami wrote:Aww they joked about adding the Mithra homeland, I'd really like to see that :(
Later, Vana'diel is not finished yet.

The dots are the full home town/Jeuno/Whitegate like cities with AH's and Mog houses and can be expected to appear in future add-ons.

What we know about the storyline so far:
-The island of Tsahya is the Mithran homeland.
-The orcs and Gigas invaded from the north during the crystal war, but more is currently unknown about these parts.
-The Yagudo originally came from the far east however the theomillitary was formed in the middle lands, chance is the far east will shed light on a whole different kind of organization.
-The far east is also where Tenzen comes from and the Tenshodo has some connections to the far east as well, one other known part is that the far east has been at war with themselves, the near east and the beastmen forces in their region for a long time and might still be waging.
-Apart from the island of Tsahya the far south is unknown, same goes for the far west.
Vatrina
Tomcat

Post by Vatrina »

I dunno how long ago that map was put out but it was a long while. And as much as I'd like to see the other continents open up, provided they even exist in the code, SE giving us these mini-expansions that use the current zones, and the last physical expansion being Wings which sent us to the past middle lands, paints a pretty clear sign to me that they never intend to open past what we already have.
75 RNG elite 75 BLM 75 PLD 75 SMN
Windurst Rank 10
Bastok Rank 10
San d'Oria Rank 10
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

The one thing that I hated about Aht Urghan was the big stink over "Teh Eastern Empire!" I was like "Yay I can explore the eastern origins of the Samurai!" But instead of Japan we got "Persian Empire!"
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

KarouKaniyashia wrote:The one thing that I hated about Aht Urghan was the big stink over "Teh Eastern Empire!" I was like "Yay I can explore the eastern origins of the Samurai!" But instead of Japan we got "Persian Empire!"
Even though looking at the storyline and gods from the near east it has more to do with skandinavian parts.

And they did say near east in the announcement, but you are right.
I did expect more from ToAU, and so far Wings of the goddess has been a bit disappointing too.
Last edited by Shirai on Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Shirai wrote:
KarouKaniyashia wrote:The one thing that I hated about Aht Urghan was the big stink over "Teh Eastern Empire!" I was like "Yay I can explore the eastern origins of the Samurai!" But instead of Japan we got "Persian Empire!"
Even though looking at the storyline and gods from the near east it has more to do with skandinavian parts.
Well I say persian empire because of the armor with the pointy toe shoes, really more Ali Babba and the Prince of Thieves.
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

KarouKaniyashia wrote:
Shirai wrote:
Well I say persian empire because of the armor with the pointy toe shoes, really more Ali Babba and the Prince of Thieves.
Odin, Ragnarok, Walahra (Valhalla), the 9 Walküre (Valkyrie) 8)

(Then again, Norse mytholigy has always interested me.)
Last edited by Shirai on Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Shirai wrote:
KarouKaniyashia wrote:
Shirai wrote: Even though looking at the storyline and gods from the near east it has more to do with skandinavian parts.
Odin, Ragnarok, Walahra (Valhalla), the 9 Walküre (Valkyrie) 8)
Stop making me want to play that POS Too Human game again :O
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

FFXI does have a lot of references to the religions and mythologies of several old (earth) nations though.

If you look up the history of some of the mob's names like Nidhogg and Jormungand for example.
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Sick Square-Enix April Fool's Joke

Post by xaresity »

сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтtuchkasсайтсайт