Zero Originality - rant on Gamestop

A place to talk about... anything!
Sugami
Anime cat

Zero Originality - rant on Gamestop

Post by Sugami »

I found this and thought it quite funny and also informative. I know some of you guys have bitched about Gamestop before so you'll probably enjoy this :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvCsqA0h3cs

Sadly youtube removed the first part of episode one, probably 'cause Gamestop bitched at them but he's uploaded it elsewhere for you to download. The rest can be watched on youtube :)

It obviously looks a lot like Zero Punctuation (hence the name) :P
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Seen it, my hubby worked for Funcoland during the transition into Gamestop, he quit 1 month afterwards because everything in that video is true.

FYI: my Genesis Kiosk, part of my Genesis Collection/32x Collection/Sega CD Collection (100 percent) was him salvaging it from the dumpster and capitalizing on clearance prices for me xD)
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

There is a reason why they call it GameSTOP..... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Tsybil wrote:There is a reason why they call it GameSTOP..... :lol: :lol: :lol:
I've worked at so many places (3 jobs at one time to make an rwd conversion for my eclipse, also a dark point in life where the stress almost killed me.) and where I am now, working in a Tuner shop, it's nice to be respected by co-workers and treated like a family member not an employee whose job is to make some corporate suit money.

Well, okay we spend money to corporate suits to stock parts, but my Boss treats us as if we're one giant family, his theory is this "Respect your employees, treat them like you would a brother, and they'll treat you with respect likewise. If they do the work, be flexible, but if they take advantage, then take them out to the woodshed and cut a switch." What? He's from Michigan.

Not all jobs are like this one, and even though the work is excruciatingly hard, between that and classes, and the fact that we're under deadlines, It's worth it to me to be treated like a human being who does her job. Maybe GameStop would make more money if they learned to do that. Ya we don't make a huge lot of money, but we're all here because we love our jobs. Loyalty comes before Money. Something all business's could learn.
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
Ambrey
Teh Sexeh

Post by Ambrey »

I checked out many websites in the past 3 days before I made my pre-order for World of Warcraft's Wrath of the Lich King expansion pack. The funny thing was when I checked Gamestop's website, they had posted that a $14.99 handling fee (not including shipping) would be tacked onto the price of the expansion pack for ordering it. What a rip.

I just checked their site a few minutes ago, seems they have bumped it down to $4.99 handling fee. Bet they got a lot of flack over their hidden handling fees. Personally I ordered mine off Amazon.com, got free shipping. Might not get here on the 13th but hey, it'll get here and I'm not paying extra for shipping or handling, just the $69.99. :D
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Zero Originality - rant on Gamestop

Post by xaresity »