Well this is it.......

A place to talk about... anything!
sandra
Kitten

Well this is it.......

Post by sandra »

Well it seems that the Servers are officially announced.

SS = midgardsormr
WW = Phoenix

I'm not too sure who to follow. :?: I'll let you know my decision by post or an email if someone can post here. I really don't like some of the people in SS. Also don't want to leave some of you but i dunno.
Mystiana
Princess Cat

Post by Mystiana »

WW's going to Phoenix?! I thought they were part of the chain. ;.;
Syine
Tomcat

Post by Syine »

A couple of people got it early and all of a sudden, because a few key people in the WP chain weren't among the lucky ones, the world pass plan we'd so carefully crafted wasn't fast enough for them and so they broke away. Makes me very sad. Forsaking friendships to gain a day of gameplay and forcing difficult choices on anyone who wanted to be with people from both groups.

Please, sandra, try not to think of the people you don't like to be around when making the decision. Think of the people you do like to be around. Because it's easier to keep people away than it is to keep people close. You always have a choice of avoiding the people you dislike...it'll be a large server. But, once separated from your friends, you don't have a choice to be near them anymore.

I'll be sad if you choose not to join us on Midgardsormr, but whatever your choice, I hope your decision is based on the friends you want to stay near, not the enemies you want to avoid.
Mystiana
Princess Cat

*sigh*

Post by Mystiana »

I've thought about this a lot since last night. I basically have the same decision as sandra. I have been offered a pearlsack with WW, but I originally declined it because I wanted to dedicate my time to the pride. I took for granted that the shells would follow the superstars. Now they have split off, and I'm very torn.

So, I have come to a decision. I thought a lot about which linkshell meant more to me, and from that I came up with MithraPride. I said before that the pride is why I even came back at all during beta, and I can't see Vana'diel being as much fun without all of you.

I'll miss Sanachan, and countless others from WindurstWarriors a great deal... it's just not fair. ;.;
sandra
Kitten

Post by sandra »

Well i guess i won't be getting the game after all or if so it will be collecting dust for awhile. So GL to you all since i won't be on for awhile. I need to get a creditcard first before i can do all this. Thought they would give u time but guess i'll have to look into it sooner than i thought. Never needed one but only to play this game.

Also been thinking if its going to cost me more than 40$ a month just to play this game i'm not going to bother than. I have too much to pay for and i can't waste $ and time on something thats not really needed. Got too much to pay for already. I'll let you know when i get the info. besides the games no here yet to i don't have to worry.
Jeniphel
Dirty Old Man Troll

Post by Jeniphel »

FF11 should take those bank cards that act like credit cards.

You know the ATM cards with the VISA/Mastercard logo on it.
Square-Enix can't tell the difference between those and a real credit card - and the money is taken straight out of your checking account.
(At least everywhere _I_ go shops can't tell / never know / don't know it's an ATM card)

So just hit-up you're friendly bank and ask for an ATM card with a VISA / MasterCard logo on it.

I wouldn't know how to live without my "check card".
A flash from the past! ... though it's probably more like a drive-by mooning.
Lamyenie
Kitten

Post by Lamyenie »

that is because those cards are backed by major credit card companies even though the money comes out of your bank account. and yes, those cards with the cc logo are accepted as payment since i set up mine that way
sandra
Kitten

Post by sandra »

Explain this again. Those cards you got take the $ from your account to pay for whatever u bought. so its like a # with direct access to you account? sort of like a credit card?

Some people have been telling me get some sort of card at EB (which i don't have one by me) and it acts like a credit card. We'll i'll talk to people and see what i can come up with. Any more ideas would be appreciated.

Well iw as going to find out the time and check into my local bank to see on how to obtain a card. Try to do it soon since i do want to get on FFXI.
Mystiana
Princess Cat

Post by Mystiana »

I have a Visa check card. When you use 'debit', the money is gone right there. When I use 'credit', the money takes 3-4 days.. just like a typical credit card. There is definately someone in the middle when I 'activate' the Visa transaction.
sandra
Kitten

Post by sandra »

Dunno if this post is getting through but i've decided i'll get the game when i get my CC but it seems that i'm unemployeed right now it be a bit hard to get a CC.

I'll join ya cats later when i get some of these personal problems taken care of. I'll miss ya till than so i'll be farbehind.(early december or early jan is the times u might expect me)
Jeniphel
Dirty Old Man Troll

Post by Jeniphel »

Just stay in touch...

...I have a feeling we won't be going anywhere:-)
A flash from the past! ... though it's probably more like a drive-by mooning.
Creve
Tomcat

Post by Creve »

I'm really sorry to hear that...but do keep in touch please just like those who are going for PS2 Version. We'll be waiting for you so that when you do arrive we can jump start you. :cry: I'm going to miss you though. I remember the time in Beta when you were ahead of me and if you were on as much as I was I would have followed you around everywhere like I did with Titamatielle eventually...speaking of which I haven't heard from her in about 2 weeks now. :? But good luck in any case and perhaps you can find a way to get up and running with us. (PS: I use my mom's credit card number since I don't have a credit card and then have money from my bank account transfered over to her. Well....something very close to that in any case but I don't want everyone to know how hopeless I am. :lol: )
Toralynn
Tomcat

Post by Toralynn »

Definately stay in touch with us even if you can't play right now. I'm in your same shoes time wise because of the PS2 release date, but that just means I'll have lots of others I can count on to help me with things such as chocobo quest. :) I hope all you PC people are having fun! Take lots of screenshots and post them for us deprived people okay? ^.^ By the way, how is all the world passes and buying the linkshell going? What's the status on that?
- [b]Lady Toralynn Dawnstar of Gridania[/b]
Mystiana
Princess Cat

Post by Mystiana »

The Linkshell was bought after a day, I think. It seems to be going well, though there just aren't many of us on at once yet.

The WP system went well, thnks a whole lot to Syine and the script she made. I don't think anyone who has needed a WP has had to wait long, if at all. Everyone has done a great job.