Gwynn's Blackmage Adventure

Janeth
Tomcat

Post by Janeth »

I know I'm responding to some pretty old posts here, but I'm new here, and I thought I'd give my opinion. ^^;

I agree that the best way to get fame is the "Only the best" quest. ^^ I did it with boyahda moss, not cabbage, and it took me forever just to afford the moss. Now that I see this, I agree that cabbage would work better...I wish I'd used cabbage while I had the chance. =P

Regarding the issue of subjob: I have been a RDM/THF until recently, and a lot of people have told me my sub stinks, that I need a better one, etc... This is sort of my pet peeve. The one and only thing that really bugs me is dissing my sub. I'm sorry, but I don't care how "well-intentioned" your "friendly advice" is...it hurts me all the same. Everyone, literally everyone, who hears this says something like, "I'm not 'dissing'...I just don't think that's such a good idea." Well, I've been trying since then to think of a better word to describe it...and I couldn't. So, for the purposes of this rant, 'dissing' refers to any attempt to convince me that my sub stinks and I need a new one. Sorry if I come across as bossy or something...I'm not trying to be bossy, I'm not usually this way...it's just that this is my pert peeve, and it really does make me mad.

However, I have reasons for not wanting to sub blm or whm, which I will not tell you because you will invariably refute them, say they're not true, (Even if you mean this nicely it will still bug me.) say they are just stupid, etc. So, due to these "Top Secret" reasons... I refuse to sub BLM or WHM. However, I really needed a sub other than THF... so what I used is SMN.
I think this is an "acceptable" sub for RDM that few will say is a bad combo, and those few... I stay away from them or, if they are good friends or in my party, I will just tell them that this is my pet peeve, it makes me mad, kindly stay off the subject. (I actually do have a good friend who thinks SMN is not a good sub for RDM...*sigh*) Another thing I like about SMN: MP was a big problem for me as /THF, but summoner gives me a lot more MP.. even more MP than BLM, I think. (No offense to all the RDM/BLMs and RDM/WHMs out there. I think most people are happy with the "usual choices"...this is just my opinion, my personal choice. Just letting you know what I think.) ^^

Edited because in the original version, the grammar was atrocious and practically nothing was capitalized. Also, I figured I'd clarify some of the points I tried to make while I'm at it. ^^
Last edited by Janeth on Sun Sep 25, 2005 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gwynn
Big Cat

Post by Gwynn »

Wow, ressurection of a long dead thread... nice.. thanks..

So, an update. Got BLM to 32. got RDM to 60. Have been having a blast. BLM/NIN (my other combination) is only really effective for soloing and missions and such. When in a party, And expected to burst, the Magic attack bonus of BLM is the best... i've averaged about 3 to 400 per burst.
(oh, and Warp is an essential.)

RDM/SMN is kidna fun. lot more MP, Extra MND over /blm and extra INT over /whm. Lack of increased power on healing and increased power on bursts is a downer though. Ability to summon and do extra abiliites is nice though. (I regularly Burst on my own. Carbie poison Nails, i fast blade, and i burst with Blizzard2.)

thanks for the input. i'll have to go back to leveling blm soon... as i have to take it to level 37 so i can RDM to the end.
[b]Gwynn[/b] : [color=Orange][i] Bismark Server[/i][/color]
Primary: RDM75/BLM37
Secondary:WAR75/NIN37
Next: NIN63/WAR31
Bastok Rank: 9
ZM:17 PM 3-5 TM: 8
AFb:
WAR: Head [x] Body [ ] Gloves [x] Leggings [x] Boots [x]
RDM: Head [ ] Body [ ] Gloves [x] Leggings [x] Boots [x]
Baketsu
Feral Cat

Post by Baketsu »

Gwynn wrote:Wow, ressurection of a long dead thread... nice.. thanks..

So, an update. Got BLM to 32. got RDM to 60. Have been having a blast. BLM/NIN (my other combination) is only really effective for soloing and missions and such. When in a party, And expected to burst, the Magic attack bonus of BLM is the best... i've averaged about 3 to 400 per burst.
(oh, and Warp is an essential.)

RDM/SMN is kidna fun. lot more MP, Extra MND over /blm and extra INT over /whm. Lack of increased power on healing and increased power on bursts is a downer though. Ability to summon and do extra abiliites is nice though. (I regularly Burst on my own. Carbie poison Nails, i fast blade, and i burst with Blizzard2.)

thanks for the input. i'll have to go back to leveling blm soon... as i have to take it to level 37 so i can RDM to the end.

Have you ever tried using refresh / summoing, that way you can keep an avatar up indefinately.
Jobs: RDM-54/BLM-32/WHM-26/PLD-23/THF14-WAR17-MNK8-DRG17-DRK18-BST3-RNG3-SMN7-BRD1
Race: Elvaan
Hometown: San d'Oria
Skills: Cooking 23- Smithing 3
EXP is hard to come by, treasure it!
Janeth
Tomcat

Post by Janeth »

Baketsu wrote:Have you ever tried using refresh / summoing, that way you can keep an avatar up indefinately.
Believe it or not, I just discovered that earlier today. :P Probably because I only just got Refresh a few days ago. I level slow. Does this work for all avatars? I was assuming it only worked for Carbuncle.

Also, I've been wanting to say something here, but I didn't want to resurrect the thread again. I'm getting the feeling it's a bad thing. If it is, sorry for last time! I was new. >.>; By the way, my reasons aren't top secret anymore. They're kinda long, though, so I won't bother to post them. If anyone wants to hear them, feel free to ask. I can post a link to one of the few updated rants I've written, on this site or others. Anyway, I wanted to say that I've been leveling BLM, too. No, I haven't given up on RDM/SMN! I'm going back to it as soon as I can get Auto-Refresh. I was sort of inspired by an Auto-Refresh vs. Conserve MP debate. Now, I still prefer Auto-Refresh, but I realized I can get Conserve MP 10 levels earlier! So I'm subbing BLM from 40-50, then going back to /SMN.

Also, I'm increasingly partying with ninjas who like to cast all the enfeebles, and my last party was with a ninja _and_ a WHM who tried to enfeeble. I figured with elemental enfeebles, maybe I'll be less bored. =P And Warp sure would be fun, even though I've gotten along fine without it in the past. Especially when my brother and I would static, and only he knew the way back, but he didn't have Sneak and Invisible, so we were reliant upon each other to get out. Invites seemed slow with 2 people, so we eventually broke it up. Maybe now that I get invites easily, we'll resurrect it. He's a PLD, so no more enfeebling ninjas! Mwahahaha. Eh, I better stop now or I'll go on forever. *goes off to resurrect the static*
[size=75][color=red]Janeth • RDM62[/color] • Bahamut
[color=green]Windurstian[/color] Rank 6.
Stuff I have in real life that proves I'm obsessed: A Windurstian flag, SMN Artifact armor, RDM artifact armor, and a plush Carbuncle.
Currently working on: WHM AF. My brother and I compromised. >.>
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c201/Minimaxthetinyone/SMN.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c201/Minimaxthetinyone/RedMageArtifact1.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c201/Minimaxthetinyone/RedMageArtifact3.jpg[/size]
[quote="Twotogether"]just because she doesnt do everything that everyone else wants to do
and she doesnt care about what you want her to do
doesnt mean she isnt fun[/quote]
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Gwynn's Blackmage Adventure

Post by xaresity »

xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Gwynn's Blackmage Adventure

Post by xaresity »

audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiameter
geartreatinggeneralizedanalysisgeneralprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephone
hangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasironhardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterial
journallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidiseasekeepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatomknowledgestate
kondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpointlactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratio
languagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulselatereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirmlearningcurveleavewordmachinesensiblemagneticequatormagnetotelluricfieldmailinghousemajorconcernmammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3lists
nameresolutionnaphtheneseriesnarrowmouthednationalcensusnaturalfunctornavelseedneatplasternecroticcariesnegativefibrationneighbouringrightsobjectmoduleobservationballoonobstructivepatentoceanminingoctupolephononofflinesystemoffsetholderolibanumresinoidonesticketpackedspherespagingterminalpalatinebonespalmberry
papercoatingparaconvexgroupparasolmonoplaneparkingbrakepartfamilypartialmajorantquadruplewormqualityboosterquasimoneyquenchedsparkquodrecuperetrabbetledgeradialchaserradiationestimatorrailwaybridgerandomcolorationrapidgrowthrattlesnakemasterreachthroughregionreadingmagnifierrearchainrecessionconerecordedassignment
rectifiersubstationredemptionvaluereducingflangereferenceantigenregeneratedproteinreinvestmentplansafedrillingsagprofilesalestypeleasesamplingintervalsatellitehydrologyscarcecommodityscrapermatscrewingunitseawaterpumpsecondaryblocksecularclergyseismicefficiencyselectivediffusersemiasphalticfluxsemifinishmachiningspicetradespysale
stunguntacticaldiametertailstockcentertamecurvetapecorrectiontappingchucktaskreasoningtechnicalgradetelangiectaticlipomatelescopicdampertemperateclimatetemperedmeasuretenementbuildingtuchkasultramaficrockultraviolettesting