Crafting Guild Leaders

A place to talk about... anything!

Read Thread and click Cool or Dull

Poll ended at Mon Oct 27, 2003 9:32 am

Craft Leaders are cool cool coooool!
60%
Craft Leaders are dull dull dullllll.....
No votes
My opinion doesn't mean diddly doo....so i won't give one.
40%

Total votes: 10

Creve
Tomcat

Crafting Guild Leaders

Post by Creve »

I was thinking it a nice idea that in time, when we have conquered land so that we have a stable income of crystals, that those who are serious about a single Craft can take it upon themselves to lead such a craft, helping others. Leaders of each filled, when they have gained sufficient levels, can then be given an event day on which other members would supply them with needed crystals and supplies so that such a Craft Leader could rapidly increase her crafting levels and at the same time distribute free items made that day from such a craft. Very much like how Tigara made an event on one friday long ago. (I got silver rings from that worth 2k each at the time.) :wink:

Oh, im also going to see if i can get a poll to work though i bet it wont. If it does its just a test and will last only 2 days anyhow.
Stephen
Kitten

Post by Stephen »

eh? might as well make a LS IronChefs ;)
[img]http://pic8.picturetrail.com/VOL234/1534817/2964258/36318438.jpg[/img]

You can run.. but where ever you go my beasts will come after you..
Amiricle
Big Cat

Post by Amiricle »

Stephen!! Welcome, nice to see you again :)
FFXI~ Cactuar: Isania // Midgardsormyr: Amiricle // Bismark: Amiricle & Kaust
FFXIV~ Sargotanas ~ Ami'a Mihgo
Stephen
Kitten

Post by Stephen »

oh? nice to see sexy girls again X_x *sigh* I never founda Mithra to marry
[img]http://pic8.picturetrail.com/VOL234/1534817/2964258/36318438.jpg[/img]

You can run.. but where ever you go my beasts will come after you..
sandra
Kitten

Post by sandra »

Hehe welcome!! and yet this isn't the right board to be welcoming people lol.
Cyndari
"Illuminatus"

Post by Cyndari »

Thats actually a really good idea! :o I think that it would work well and the best part would be that by the time us PS2 players getin the game your crafting levels should be high enough so that you can just make us good quality stuff(as long as we give you the materials) :wink:

Hey Stephen, good to see you Mr Beastmaster extraordinare :)
[color=blue][b][i]Don't let fear cloud your judgement, for it will hold you back from all of your dreams ;) [/i][/b][/color]
[img]http://www.drowtales.com/~hightreason/chibilaelia.gif[/img] [color=blue][size=200][i][b]Meeooww!!![/b][/i][/size][/color]

WHM - 61 | SMN - 32 | BLM - 21 | THF - 10 | NIN - 7 | BRD - 7 | BST - 7 | SAM - 5 | WAR - 5
Jeniphel
Dirty Old Man Troll

Post by Jeniphel »

Since my PC is under-powered* I was gonna just do in-town quests to get gil for the WorldPasses and then do crafts till the PS2 version comes out, or until I get the $300 or so to upgrade my PC...

*PC specs:
AMD duron 750
768MB RAM
Radeon 7200 (the original with 64MB RAM and Video In / Video Out or VIVO)
2 8Gig Western Digital harddrives
and a motherboard that will only go up to a 950Mhz Duron / 1200Mhz Athlon
A flash from the past! ... though it's probably more like a drive-by mooning.
Jeniphel
Dirty Old Man Troll

Post by Jeniphel »

Wow, I thought you were I myth Stephen - near the end of beta you were practically a legend - and so were your deeds.

Welcome aboard - and please visit often :-)
A flash from the past! ... though it's probably more like a drive-by mooning.
Toren
Tomcat

Post by Toren »

stephen makes me want to change to a BST instead of a RNG/SAM....
oh well choices choices..lol
[img]http://mywebpage.netscape.com/MaryAliceDa/twmr01.jpg[/img]

Might just go WHM/SMN if Meeyutu makes me a new SIG :) :)

Ha just think of the DMG i can do.....[RNG/SAM] :)

Kyuba No Michi Clan
Chaotic
Kitten

Post by Chaotic »

I nominate MYSELF for the position of guild fisherman >.> even though im technically not in the guild....or the ls....WHO ARE YOU PEOPLE :twisted:
I..want...to...stroke...your...tail...
Fayin
Feral Cat

Post by Fayin »

I really, really am interested in Alchemy and Culinarian. Once I'm able to gil pharm easily I'll start leveling those exclusively. I'm going to be a dealer. :mrgreen:

"Psst! Hey you! Yeah, you with the huge axe. C'mere. Y'ever tried this here Galkan Sausage? No? You're missing out. I'll tell ya what I'll do since I'm such a nice cat, I'll give ya this one here for free, just don tell anyone else, yeah? It'll put hair on yer chest! Jus put me on friends list and I'll hook ya up if ya ever need more.
Hey, blackmage! You look like an OJ kinda guy, am I right or am I right..."
[b]-Fayin-[/b]
46WHM   43BLM   48THF   21WAR
59+1 Cooking   58+1 Woodworking   25 Fishing

[b]-Entourage-[/b]
Name                     Lv     GB   MHE Aketon  Warp
Fayinsjeunomule   1BLM   V    III     [  ]       [  ]
Fayinssandymule  1BLM   V    III     [  ]       [  ]
Fayinswindymule  1BLM   V    III     [  ]       [  ]
Fayinsbastymule   1BLM   V    III     [  ]       [  ]

[size=75]"omg Ebay..."[/size]
Lamyenie
Kitten

Post by Lamyenie »

lol fayin. i myself wouldn't mind doin blacksmith/weaving to make armor and weapons that i can't find for sale.
Blightinnos
Kitten

Post by Blightinnos »

STEPHEN WHAT'S UP!

err.. besides that i woudl liek to nomiate myself for Weaving. Leathercrafting wasn't my thing...
Final dhalmel count: 257, I am the dhalmel poacher!
Toralynn
Tomcat

Post by Toralynn »

Well, so many tigerrrs choosing Weaving as well.. well I promised my friends I'd weave them strong armour and cook them delicious meals so that's where my skills will be devoted to, more so for weaving though.

I love the idea for Guild Leaders too! I say definately do it.
- [b]Lady Toralynn Dawnstar of Gridania[/b]
ranruriko
Kitten RanRan

Post by ranruriko »

I like this idea.
I for one want to become a great goldsmith, I love the jewelery.
MikaMeow
<Insert Title here>

Post by MikaMeow »

I was big into the tradeskills in EverQuest. Already been working on mine here, gotten leather and clothing up a bit and plan to work them up more.
Phelisia
Kitten

Weaving Tips and other stuff...

Post by Phelisia »

Okay, nice simple place to level your weaving in windy, go to giddeous in the right level range, and you will have an unlimited supply of wind crystals, earth crystals, and bead necklaces. And here's what you do, use an wind crystal to break down the necklaces, then use an earth crystal to merge 3 of the grass threads (the amount of grass threads seems to increase with your weaving level) and then you get grass cloth from the threads, and if you're feeling brave start making gear out of the cloth, but i'd just sell the cloth, probably the best way to do this is get a party so that it's pretty much a slaughter, and work out some sorta deal with them. I'd try for I'll fill your inventory up with grass cloth or something if you all stay (and evenly distribute the goods to each member so that one person doesn't get all the stuff and run)

as for bone crafting... well there's two spots where skels spawn in the good old m1 tower, get a party of say 5 and get both spots with two people each, and the last one somewhere safe to craft in, and have them make bone hairpins and eventually bone arrowheads (not saleable, but you can make into arrows, but that's something the lumber guild will teach you, i never learned)

but anyway, when i get pc ver here in a while (not long i hope, many of you have seen me on, via my friend's account, but that was just feeding my addiction) i will most definatly be working on bone craft, because when i was playing as a monk most people noticed that i had obsolete gear from 11 to 20 (armor was way to expensive for me, due to the fact that i was very quickly leveling w/o doing quests to get gil or just selling items at the AH instead of shops 'cause i needed money then, not later) luckly for me, at lvl20 mnks from windy can get some good armor if they have plenty of cp (i did actually) so i ended up getting better gear then, but the number of times i wished i had better gear before then... i can't count...
Angelwing
Kitten

Synthing and stuff

Post by Angelwing »

I spent most of my time in the the beta bonecrafting which was pretty nifty but towards the end I started doing the alchemy stuff. So I think I'm gonna stick with that.
Meeyutu
Housecat

Post by Meeyutu »

Maybe we should try to coordinate things so we have at least 1 person commited to each available craft and then have them posted on the site so people will know who to talk to for help/bring materials to.

I would like to do Leather, or Bonecrafting but I'm not picky. Also maybe have everyone get good at either Mining, Harvesting, or Logging so we can have a steady stream of materials coming in. Just an idea :/

-Meeyutu
ranruriko
Kitten RanRan

Post by ranruriko »

I would agree with that.
I would love to be the goldsmith, but the lack of materials is disheartening.
I have lots of crystals, but no ore.
Meeyutu
Housecat

Post by Meeyutu »

The approch I'm taking is if it is a craft material, and not for the craft I'm focused on I send it to someone who can use it within a reasonable period of time. IE- I'm not going to send silk thread to a lvl 1 weaver.

Right now I've got a but load of Earth Crystals that I can't do anything with.. selling them is a shame because they are pretty much worthless gil wise, but they are starting to take up some space :P
Lamyenie
Kitten

chef

Post by Lamyenie »

well, haven't seen anyone else working on cooking so i decided to with the crap load of water crystals that i had from hunting in Qufim (and buying them at AH due to extremely lower prices.) I am proud to say that as of this posting i am a lvl 10 chef and have passed the first exam to move up my rank. as of right now though, i am low on funds but when i get that fixed i will strive to get up to the next rank. there are some pretty awesome foods out there and hopefully i can keep the LS fed someday.
MikaMeow
<Insert Title here>

Post by MikaMeow »

I've been doing alot of bone work, I'm past 15 skill now, but run into a bit of a hard spot, since I need Shall Shells which are costly at the AH and don't seem to drop too often.
The most wasted day of all is one in which we have not laughed.
Image Image
Tigara
Kitten

Post by Tigara »

Hey Stephen the legend from FFXI the only person i considered my equal in amount of stuff done during beta. I never achevied a level as high as his but i diversified more then he did. What was it Stephen you had a 30 mnk 55 BST and a 40 somthing ranger? and 20 quests 0 crafts. where i had a 15 war 40 mnk 15 thf 12 bst 27 brd 15 nin 114 quests 32 goldsmith and leader of a LS. now i feel like i am bragging But i do give credit where it is due and Stephen did an amazing amount of work in a short amount of time. LOL i still remmeber his surprise though when he found out i had logged more hours then even him, which also surprised me since i thought he had logged more then me to get what he had. I hope to see you when i get PS2 version in march.

As for my reason for posting here I will be going back in to goldsmithing when i get back in March I loved working with it and will go back to it. Hopefully this time i can reach max level. I might minor in blacksmithing and alchemy but they will always fall 2nd to goldsmithing which i will do my best to master. I will also be going back into being a Bard / Ninja as soon as i can acheive 30 thief.
Meeyutu
Housecat

Post by Meeyutu »

Hey Tig :) I've been doing Bonecrafting (Primary), Goldsmithing, and Blacksmithing. Soon I will be going to Bastok to work primarly on Goldsmithing :)