So... I can't update.

A place to talk about... anything!
Fiye
Captain Fiye

So... I can't update.

Post by Fiye »

I can't explain how this could be happening... well, I can't, but I can't fix it. As you can see, I can plainly connect to the Internet already. I've already turned off my wireless and used hard cable to try updating, turned off my firewall, and restarted my computer. With all eight possible combinations.

I don't know why this is happening, if its Square-Enix's problem or mine, but I was able to connect yesterday just fine. I'll see what the morning brings, but six hours ago I was getting the same problem. *sigh*

If anyone has any ideas, please suggest them.
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Everyone is updating when SE releases it, so it's best just wait a couple of hours more and try again.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
Fiye
Captain Fiye

Post by Fiye »

Its been 8 and a half hours, still unable to update. Common sense would think that a patch download won't take this long to even start. Unstandable, 80 Megabytes being downloaded onto 30,000+ systems would have a bit of traffing. (Which is why I'd prefer they release the updates in little pieces before activating them).

In any case, I'm still getting error code POL-1161. If the problem persists up to tomorrow at 4:00 P.M. PDT, and if the Puszie's Teamspeak is on and everyone else is able to connect, I'll shoot their customer service a quick call.

Can't blame me for being a tad paranoid. I was able to register WotG while everyone else was able to get through ^^;.

Oh yes, this is POL thats not updating. I haven't even into the main screen.
Finwich
Housecat

Post by Finwich »

Took me a few tries to get it to work and I started at like 10:30pm est which was like 7 hours after the update was available.

I also had to keep restarting. Any luck?
RDM/SMN/WAR/DRG/DNC/BLM/COR/DRK85
Bravura 6/14/10 WARcat +7
Fiye
Captain Fiye

Post by Fiye »

Finally!

After three times this morning Play Online is updating and FFXI's updating smoothly as ever.

Wewt~
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Usually during a maintenance I pull out 2 days for it.
one for the maint, one for the update.

Usually there will be some maints folowing this one to take out the bugs.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: So... I can't update.

Post by xaresity »

audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiameter
geartreatinggeneralizedanalysisgeneralprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephone
hangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasironhardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterial
journallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidiseasekeepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatomknowledgestate
kondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpointlactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratio
languagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulselatereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirmlearningcurveleavewordmachinesensiblemagneticequatormagnetotelluricfieldmailinghousemajorconcernmammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3lists
nameresolutionnaphtheneseriesnarrowmouthednationalcensusnaturalfunctornavelseedneatplasternecroticcariesnegativefibrationneighbouringrightsobjectmoduleobservationballoonobstructivepatentoceanminingoctupolephononofflinesystemoffsetholderolibanumresinoidonesticketpackedspherespagingterminalpalatinebonespalmberry
papercoatingparaconvexgroupparasolmonoplaneparkingbrakepartfamilypartialmajorantquadruplewormqualityboosterquasimoneyquenchedsparkquodrecuperetrabbetledgeradialchaserradiationestimatorrailwaybridgerandomcolorationrapidgrowthrattlesnakemasterreachthroughregionreadingmagnifierrearchainrecessionconerecordedassignment
rectifiersubstationredemptionvaluereducingflangereferenceantigenregeneratedproteinreinvestmentplansafedrillingsagprofilesalestypeleasesamplingintervalsatellitehydrologyscarcecommodityscrapermatscrewingunitseawaterpumpsecondaryblocksecularclergyseismicefficiencyselectivediffusersemiasphalticfluxsemifinishmachiningspicetradespysale
stunguntacticaldiametertailstockcentertamecurvetapecorrectiontappingchucktaskreasoningtechnicalgradetelangiectaticlipomatelescopicdampertemperateclimatetemperedmeasuretenementbuildingtuchkasultramaficrockultraviolettesting