Fun day at school

A place to talk about... anything!
Fiye
Captain Fiye

Fun day at school

Post by Fiye »

Apparently a rumor went around school saying that there was going to be a shooting. Half the school literally just wasn't there :lol:

Fun easy day. Spent the first period asleep, second in a presentation, third playing a Nascar game, and fourth is coming up. =D
Ambrey
Teh Sexeh

Post by Ambrey »

Not funny. I live in Illinois less than an hour away from Dekalb where the recent shooting at Northern Illinois University took place. My sister's boy friend attends college there, thankfully he wasn't in class at the time it happened.

Choose your words more carefully next time before you post. :evil:
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Ambrey wrote:Not funny. I live in Illinois less than an hour away from Dekalb where the recent shooting at Northern Illinois University took place. My sister's boy friend attends college there, thankfully he wasn't in class at the time it happened.

Choose your words more carefully next time before you post. :evil:
Ya. See, as of september i'll be an NIU Husky. I'm transfering into their Vet Tech Program. if only my parents would stop being "But you could get shot" everytime they see me or I bring up NIU. Oh well.
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

When I was in high school there was a foiled shooting plot my freshman year. The kids they caught were armed at the time of their capture.

The way I see it is if its going to happen its going to happen and you just deal with it.
[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a374/TehAsh/Keavysig.png[/img]
Custom sig courtesy of Krilldog.
[img]http://card.mygamercard.net/sig/Keavy+Rain.png[/img]
Keavy's thought for the day: "Grand Theft Auto IV has stolen my heart! :love:"
Fiye
Captain Fiye

Post by Fiye »

Ambrey wrote:Not funny.
Alright, I'll admit my sense of humor is deranged, but hear me out.

Within the last week there have been about 4 different shooting in district campuses (I live in the Clark County School District). From the Palde Verde drive by, to an elementary school shooting.

When I heard about this, I just laughed. I'm the last guy in the world to hear anything, and for me to hear this just rings a bell of "Its a hoax".

When I go into my first period, half the class is gone, and I hear "The message was up on myspace at 6:00 p.m. yesterday"

And then during the second period our principal goes on the School TV and dispells the shooting as a rumor.

Me: "I'm right, its a hoax"

If the whole thing was real, I wouldn't hear of it. I'd just fall to the ground, remain in a "I'm dead!' position, and if I died... well, lets just say what happens after isn't really my concern anymore.

And I've already gone through a bomb threat at my old High School that involved me missing just about every period. I'll believe a shooting when I hear that gun go off. And when it does, then I'll get on the floor and pray to god nothing bad happens.
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Fun day at school

Post by xaresity »

audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiameter
geartreatinggeneralizedanalysisgeneralprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephone
hangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasironhardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterial
journallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidiseasekeepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatomknowledgestate
kondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpointlactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratio
languagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulselatereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirmlearningcurveleavewordmachinesensiblemagneticequatormagnetotelluricfieldmailinghousemajorconcernmammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3lists
nameresolutionnaphtheneseriesnarrowmouthednationalcensusnaturalfunctornavelseedneatplasternecroticcariesnegativefibrationneighbouringrightsobjectmoduleobservationballoonobstructivepatentoceanminingoctupolephononofflinesystemoffsetholderolibanumresinoidonesticketpackedspherespagingterminalpalatinebonespalmberry
papercoatingparaconvexgroupparasolmonoplaneparkingbrakepartfamilypartialmajorantquadruplewormqualityboosterquasimoneyquenchedsparkquodrecuperetrabbetledgeradialchaserradiationestimatorrailwaybridgerandomcolorationrapidgrowthrattlesnakemasterreachthroughregionreadingmagnifierrearchainrecessionconerecordedassignment
rectifiersubstationredemptionvaluereducingflangereferenceantigenregeneratedproteinreinvestmentplansafedrillingsagprofilesalestypeleasesamplingintervalsatellitehydrologyscarcecommodityscrapermatscrewingunitseawaterpumpsecondaryblocksecularclergyseismicefficiencyselectivediffusersemiasphalticfluxsemifinishmachiningspicetradespysale
stunguntacticaldiametertailstockcentertamecurvetapecorrectiontappingchucktaskreasoningtechnicalgradetelangiectaticlipomatelescopicdampertemperateclimatetemperedmeasuretenementbuildingtuchkasultramaficrockultraviolettesting