I got my Chocobo License!

A place to talk about... anything!
Fiye
Captain Fiye

I got my Chocobo License!

Post by Fiye »

Well, actually, my driver's license. Didn't take me six hours (Thank god), but it took an appointment that had me waiting for a month.

I drove with the instructor, did a few stupid things (California stop on a stop sign, didn't signal in parking lot/parallel parking), but I did enough correct stuff to pass.

And once I waited a half hour to get my picture taken (Don't ask how the DMV can manage this. I'm still shocked). Once all that was done, we went home, he booted up the laptop, and did some insurance hunting.

And I realized how much it sucked to be a new, 18 year old, previously uninsured, male driver living in Las Vegas who holds a less-than 3.0 GPA.

*sigh*

In the end, I'll be paying $3.2k my first year under my Dad's AAA insurance.
Ambrey
Teh Sexeh

Post by Ambrey »

wtf, thats outrageous. Someone is getting screwed. :o
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Ya, factor this in, Gender, Car Type, and Color. Red cars are always the most expensive to insure, and Allstate as my car listed as "Two-Tone Black/Pink". now Allstate considers Pink, RED. Wtf.... Time to do some insurance hunting. Im checking E-Surance and AIG. Possibly Progressive to check on the competition. I am not going to go into details of my payments, but it's not so low anymore. :roll:
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

Post by ScarlettPheonix »

We've been happy with Progressive to be honest, they've always been incredibly helpful and at least in my region slightly cheaper than the other companies.

Our rates just dropped significantly too. My husband has the unfortunate habit of driving like a maniac so our rates have been high the past couple of years, but now they're nice an low :D
[img]http://www.geocities.com/fieryscarlettpheonix/1job18subs.jpg[/img]
[color=darkred][i]Red Mage[/i][/color]
Windurst 10/ZM14/PM [i]finis[/i]/ToAU [i]finis[/i]/SGT(P)/WotG [i]Emblem of the Holy Knight §§§§[/i]

[url=http://scarlett-insertwittytitlehere.blogspot.com/]My not interesting at all blog[/url]
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

:shock: :o :o :shock: :roll:

Dairyland insurance has done well for me.

Many of those things that other companies charge you more for, car type, color, your credit rating, and others, are not counted in the Dairyland formula. So I get charged nothing extra for driving a convertible.

Things like age, and zip code they do factor in.

If you haven't already take Driver's Ed. Good for 10 - 20% off your rates.

Don't just shop for companies, shop addresses if you can. Got any not to distant relatives who live in the suburbs or even a rural area? When I first got my license, way back in the neolithic age (1961), I was quoted over $600/6 months at my mom's house in suburban NY but only $350 at my grandma's in NJ. I got a NJ license posthaste.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Fiye
Captain Fiye

Post by Fiye »

Well, its a White 1997 Saturn that's going to be insured under my name. So, that should factor in as a safer color.

I'd think.
Kintrra
Queen Cat

Post by Kintrra »

Kinda funny you should mention the convertible...my '89 Mazda RX-7 falls under luxury instead of sports car because it's a convertible. It actually SAVES me money. Or would if the silly thing was running and I actually was keeping insurance on it. :(
OMFG! 8 75+!!!! :shock: Who knew slackers could work so hard? D:
And now a Miqo'te as well. >=D

Melee classes:PLD90/NIN90/WAR90/THF90/SAM83/MNK90/DNC46/DRK24/DRG12/COR8/PUP12/RNG5
Magic/Support Classes:WHM82/BLM87/BRD28/SMN35/RDM23/BLU8/SCH1
Tianshii
Mad Cat

Post by Tianshii »

Wow & I was pissed having to pay $1200 every 6 months.
I have prudential.
They are awesome vs. other drivers & will hunt them down to get their (yours too) money back.
I was in one accident w/ animals & they were awesome with that too.
It's somewhat more money then the other 2 or 3 insurance companies that actually issue policies in NJ, but they do all the leg work. As opposed to Allstate, who makes YOU go fetch the police report. (I know b/c that happened to 2 co-workers)
Factoid: NJ has one of the highest (if not the highest) insurance rates in the entire country.
NJ has the highest property tax.
Assassen Summoner
[img]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o233/PuszNboots/sigs/Tianshii_this.jpg[/img]
SMN75~SAM75~whm75~thf42~DNC38~drg33
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

This is one of those times that being older then 25 pays off. I pay $327/year for 2 cars with allstate. :shock:
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

I don't feel comfortable giving out my personal insurance quotes, but let me just say this, Nationwide for once is actually on my side /bad pun. I switched to them. Better coverage for less, plus they don't consider Pink "red". Feels nice to have my car completly covered for less. I don't drive like a lunatic, I have a relative safe driving record with probobly 1 parking ticket in my entire history.

I have a car that is now worth 55k. Driving insane isn't really a good idea heh. I'm still listed though as "Two-Tone Black/Pink", Sport Compact and a 'young female driver.' Ya too bad this young female driver can actually driver better then most of the old ppl out there :lol: 2 Miles an hour down the road with your blinker on for 10 miles *rimshot*
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
Okuza
Feral Cat

Post by Okuza »

KarouKaniyashia wrote::lol: 2 Miles an hour down the road with your blinker on for 10 miles *rimshot*
LOL. "Can't Drive 55!" is practically my theme song. :oops:

I get about 1 ticket every 2-3 years. It's amusing to stand up in traffic school and say just how fast I was going. The reactions are fun. Traffic school keeps the tickets off the Insurance-Radar. So, my rates stay ultra low due to being statistically boring. ^~
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: I got my Chocobo License!

Post by xaresity »

xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: I got my Chocobo License!

Post by xaresity »

audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comfactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.rugalvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.ru
geartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ruhaemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ru
hangonpart.ruhaphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ruheatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.rujobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.ru
journallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.rukaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.rukinozones.rukleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ruknowledgestate.ru
kondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.rulacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.rulandingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.ru
languagelaboratory.rulargeheart.rulasercalibration.rulaserlens.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.rumagnetotelluricfield.rumailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.ru
nameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.runavelseed.runeatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ruonesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.ru
papercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ruqualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.rureadingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.ru
rectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.rusalestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.rusemiasphalticflux.rusemifinishmachining.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.ru
stungun.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoning.rutechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.rutemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.rutenementbuilding.rutuchkasultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.ru