Help pwease. (Baldur's Gate 1)

A place to talk about... anything!
Eviticus
'Insignificant Adventurer'

Help pwease. (Baldur's Gate 1)

Post by Eviticus »

Soooo....friend of mine has Baldur's Gate 2, but has never played Baldur's Gate 1. So I get BG1 and the expansion and start playing it too. I, of course, am running an evil party. I get the Necromancer and Fighter/Thief outside of Candlekeep, and now am trying to get the Drow Cleric Viconia who's east of the Friendly Arm Inn in Peldale(sp?).

Problem is, I go save her after answering the appropriate conversation choices. You know, "I'll save you, don't touch that Drow, she's with me" whatever. Problem is, when combat is over she is not giving me the option of her joining my party. She just thanks me for helping her, and walks off five ten feet and poofs.

This isn't a Reputation problem, mine's 8. This isn't an alignment problem, I'm a L/E Human(should be a prime Drow female target). This isn't a party member size issue, I only have 4 people in the pt.

If anyone knows anything about Baldur's Gate 1 and it sounds like I'm doing something wrong, please advise. Thanks. ^.^[/list]
In the end, I'm just talking out of my ass. So take it all with a grain of salt.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[b]Rank 10 Bastok. Rank 2 Sandy.[/b] Pup 75, Drg 72, Brd 71, Thf 37, War 39, Sam 38, Blm 40, Rdm 22, Whm 40, Mnk 37, Nin 14, Pld 38, Bst 15, Drk 30, Smn 15, Blu 19, Rng 13, Dnc 24, Cor 11.
Paragon of Dragoon Excellence.
Paragon of Bard Excellence.
Paragon of Puppetmaster Excellence.
[quote="Keavy"]Evi still winnarz.[/quote]

[img]http://e.1asphost.com/AJSB1986/wyv-burn.jpg[/img]
Okuza
Feral Cat

Post by Okuza »

I remember that scene, but not well. IIRC, there's either a conversation path you need to take or after you "save" her, she walks off always and then joins you later on (not much later).

I usually played neutral/good parties and had no problem getting Viconia. I always chose the paths that resulted in me slaughtering all the townsfolk at that confrontation. You get more XP and items that way -- and if you provoke them into attacking you, you don't loose any alignment.

It could also have to do with party composition; eg. she might not join if you have certain other NPCs with you. I'm pretty sure if you have a maximum party, she won't join, too. In that case, you can likely find her at the "NPC waiting area" (the place where NPCs go when you say "get lost").

BTW, there are some very good comprehensive walkthroughs available for BG1 & 2. Try a google and see what pops up.
Eviticus
'Insignificant Adventurer'

Post by Eviticus »

Yeah, kinda fixed my own problem. I was having some issues with evil characters getting uppity cause I wasn't doing what they wanted and leaving my party. So I made a new character, N/N, and eventually got to the Viconia scene. Instead of just telling the Flaming Fist guy to f*** off and I side with Viconia instantly, which is what I did as L/E, I asked what would happen to her. He said he'd kill her, so I intervened and saved her, and I got the choice to invite her. So, I assume you have to ask what will happen to her to get the choice to invite her right away.

And I have looked at several guides. They all say 'Save her, and then you get the chance to invite her.' They never mention that you have to say something specific when saving her though.
In the end, I'm just talking out of my ass. So take it all with a grain of salt.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[b]Rank 10 Bastok. Rank 2 Sandy.[/b] Pup 75, Drg 72, Brd 71, Thf 37, War 39, Sam 38, Blm 40, Rdm 22, Whm 40, Mnk 37, Nin 14, Pld 38, Bst 15, Drk 30, Smn 15, Blu 19, Rng 13, Dnc 24, Cor 11.
Paragon of Dragoon Excellence.
Paragon of Bard Excellence.
Paragon of Puppetmaster Excellence.
[quote="Keavy"]Evi still winnarz.[/quote]

[img]http://e.1asphost.com/AJSB1986/wyv-burn.jpg[/img]
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Help pwease. (Baldur's Gate 1)

Post by xaresity »

xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Help pwease. (Baldur's Gate 1)

Post by xaresity »

инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинйоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоtuchkasинфоинфо