FFXI: Project Graviton

A place to talk about... anything!
jjquirante
Kitten

FFXI: Project Graviton

Post by jjquirante »

Hello! I am Khali from the Hades server. I would just like to present my project here. I've created an art blog for FFXI where in I will try to re-render ancient and recent paintings/posters found all over the world of Vana'diel. I do not intend to make them look like actual paintings, instead I will try to draw them in my own style. I will attempt to remain as faithful as possible to the original artworks (colors, dimensions etc.) while adding enhanced graphical details based on various references (in-game screenshots, model viewers, historical text etc.).

I will be adding descriptions and historical information for each painting, with the hope of providing a better understanding of the history of Vana'diel. I will site references whenever possible.

I'm rendering the artworks in high-resolution, so that they can be printed as posters. But for now, I won't be making the high resolution copies public, until I find out the correct/legal/safe way of doing it.

I've set up a poll in the linked blog so you guys can vote which artworks you would like me to do first. I hope you participate ^^ It will take 1 second to vote ^^ Please leave comments in the blog if you have any... I would greatly appreciate them :) I'm afraid that my interest in FFXI is starting to fade, and creating these artwoks is a good way for me to keep my connection with the game. So your comments really matter to me - I need to know if people appreciate this kind of stuff.

This is my first attempt at blogging so forgive me if I make mistakes.
You can contact me through jjquirante@gmail.com if you have any questions. I would recommend this since I don't frequent this forums often and I may not be able to reply immediately.

The link to the site is http://projectgraviton.blogspot.com/
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

First of, welcome to the forums.

I've been taking a look at the blog and the first pic you rerendered with Bahamut above Al'Taieu.
It's pretty impressive and I'm very curious about your future projects.
BTW. the same painting can be found in the Sacrarium too I believe.

And yes, please do put the rest of the painting's histories with them as a lot of these have very interesting stories behind them.

I believe there are a lot more paintings hidden in Vana'diel so I will keep an eye out during my adventures as well.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Welcome, if you need a pearl track down Ephi or myself or Kittchscratch

well as I am typing this, i'm prepping for dynamis so whoops~ but welcome to MP.
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
jjquirante
Kitten

thanks!

Post by jjquirante »

I'm glad you liked them Shirai :) Thankyou ^^ Ive been looking for a Dunamis shell KarouKaniyashia, maybe I can bug you some time ^^
Eviticus
'Insignificant Adventurer'

Post by Eviticus »

I've never stuck around in the Tonberry Temple long enough to admire the paintings. They carry some sort of large grudge against me for some reason. But, a sugguestion if I may. After you're done messing around in the jungle, give the desert a shot. The most impressive paintings I've seen in Vana'diel were deep in the Quicksand Caves.

I'm sure you've already seen them, of course, just mentioning them.

Also, your work is very, very impressive. Please keep us updated on your progress. :D
In the end, I'm just talking out of my ass. So take it all with a grain of salt.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[b]Rank 10 Bastok. Rank 2 Sandy.[/b] Pup 75, Drg 72, Brd 71, Thf 37, War 39, Sam 38, Blm 40, Rdm 22, Whm 40, Mnk 37, Nin 14, Pld 38, Bst 15, Drk 30, Smn 15, Blu 19, Rng 13, Dnc 24, Cor 11.
Paragon of Dragoon Excellence.
Paragon of Bard Excellence.
Paragon of Puppetmaster Excellence.
[quote="Keavy"]Evi still winnarz.[/quote]

[img]http://e.1asphost.com/AJSB1986/wyv-burn.jpg[/img]
jjquirante
Kitten

Post by jjquirante »

Eviticus wrote:The most impressive paintings I've seen in Vana'diel were deep in the Quicksand Caves.
I'm not sure if I've seen those already. Where area are they exactly at? Are you pertaining to the wall paintings?
Eviticus
'Insignificant Adventurer'

Post by Eviticus »

Yes, big long wall paintings. You have to pass through a room with them and drop through a hole to get to the Ant NM's for RoZ...6? Something after you collect all the crystals but before you fight Kamnlaut.
In the end, I'm just talking out of my ass. So take it all with a grain of salt.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[b]Rank 10 Bastok. Rank 2 Sandy.[/b] Pup 75, Drg 72, Brd 71, Thf 37, War 39, Sam 38, Blm 40, Rdm 22, Whm 40, Mnk 37, Nin 14, Pld 38, Bst 15, Drk 30, Smn 15, Blu 19, Rng 13, Dnc 24, Cor 11.
Paragon of Dragoon Excellence.
Paragon of Bard Excellence.
Paragon of Puppetmaster Excellence.
[quote="Keavy"]Evi still winnarz.[/quote]

[img]http://e.1asphost.com/AJSB1986/wyv-burn.jpg[/img]
jjquirante
Kitten

Post by jjquirante »

I re-visited the paintings and though it seems difficult, it may be possible to re-create them. I will definitely be considering doing this next after the RotZ/CoP paintings.

Updated the blog with a new image!
Fiye
Captain Fiye

Post by Fiye »

Very nice. I hope the next couple of paintings come soon. I can't wait to see them.
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: FFXI: Project Graviton

Post by xaresity »

audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comfactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.rugalvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.ru
geartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ruhaemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ru
hangonpart.ruhaphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ruheatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.rujobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.ru
journallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.rukaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.rukinozones.rukleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ruknowledgestate.ru
kondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.rulacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.rulandingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.ru
languagelaboratory.rulargeheart.rulasercalibration.rulaserlens.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.rumagnetotelluricfield.rumailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.ru
nameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.runavelseed.runeatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ruonesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.ru
papercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ruqualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.rureadingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.ru
rectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.rusalestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.rusemiasphalticflux.rusemifinishmachining.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.ru
stungun.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoning.rutechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.rutemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.rutenementbuilding.rutuchkasultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.ru